TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW Vacationer

Why does every ride at Disney have to have cheesy jokes in it? Why can't we have rides that are serious again like we did in the 70s and 80s?

I agree that some humor is fine but the way the company has gone about humor in the past 10 years seems to be "hey lets make fun of ourselves". That's fine for jungle cruise but when you start sticking dumb humor into everything (ellen dropping her make up kit and fighting a plesiosaur in Epcot Center, "I think I oiled myself" in stitch, cheesy preshow vids, etc.) it just becomes so lame after awhile. We need rides that once again have serious narration, rides with cheerful narration,etc. A diverse collection of attraction styles is what I used to like.
You must be a bland person.

_Scar

Why does every ride at Disney have to have cheesy jokes in it? Why can't we have rides that are serious again like we did in the 70s and 80s?

I agree that some humor is fine but the way the company has gone about humor in the past 10 years seems to be "hey lets make fun of ourselves". That's fine for jungle cruise but when you start sticking dumb humor into everything (ellen dropping her make up kit and fighting a plesiosaur in Epcot Center, "I think I oiled myself" in stitch, cheesy preshow vids, etc.) it just becomes so lame after awhile. We need rides that once again have serious narration, rides with cheerful narration,etc. A diverse collection of attraction styles is what I used to like.

I don't even know how to respond to this. :lol:

Someone doesn't like funny.

The Conundrum

I don't even know how to respond to this. :lol:

Someone doesn't like funny.

BS I was laughing hysterically at Lasseter's D23 presentation. That guy knows humor.

I just don't like the cheesy "lets make fun of ourselves" humor that Disney started to do in the 90s and still continues to this day and I also don't like gross out Nickelodean/Stitch style humor either.

Disney needs to relearn what humor is. There animated movies used to have alot of funny content but somewhere they just lost it. Situational humor is the way to go.

DonaldDoleWhip

Because the announcements on TTA were changed all of TLand is wrecked. You're even funnier than Conundrum.:lol:
Say hello to Stitch, MILF, the terrible speedway, the ugly stage formerly used for Stitch's Catastrophic Celebration, and Space Mountain/Buzz (both of which are worse than all their clones, IMO).

By messing up the announcements on TTA, Tomorrowland has nothing to brag about (besides CoP, which is obviously dated). If I had to think of one positive thing, I guess Astro Orbiter looks pretty cool.

cdunbar

I may be the only one...but does anyone else think it's funny that many weeks after I posted a refurb Peoplemover video featuring the song "Nation on Wheels (The Peoplemover Song)" and that VERY song finds it's way onto the new easy to program sound system.

Me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQX9pqflMxg

Then this happened many moons later:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6EnR8fxcs4

:shrug: :lol:

Servo Revolution Strikes again!
O dear lord Travis what are we gonna do with ya :lol:

Captain Chaos

From what I heard, I don't like it... But, I'll be there next week to hear it in person... I'll make a final judgement then.

imagineer boy

I wouldn't call it a narration with cheesy jokes. It just had funny, clever little lines that enforced the tomorrowland theme.

Like "Attention all aliens from planet M31, please keep all forward facing tentacles away from oncomming vehicles."

Not hilarious, just a funny little mention that made you feel like you were in a world where humans and aliens coexist.

Jasonflz

I wouldn't call it a narration with cheesy jokes. It just had funny, clever little lines that enforced the tomorrowland theme.

Like "Attention all aliens from planet M31, please keep all forward facing tentacles away from oncomming vehicles."

Not hilarious, just a funny little mention that made you feel like you were in a world where humans and aliens coexist.

Right. It was great theming and was full of creativity. Now it's just sad.

_Scar

No. Because of SSC, SGE, and MILF Tl is ruined. The announcements were just an added bonus.

LOL

The announcements were the straw that broke the camel's back? Compared to other TLands ours look pretty strong. With a new refurb of our major TLand attraction, I'm thinking we're looking pretty solid. Contrary to popular belief, a lot of people like MILF and Buzz.

SirGoofy

The announcements were the straw that broke the camel's back? Compared to other TLands ours look pretty strong. With a new refurb of our major TLand attraction, I'm thinking we're looking pretty solid. Contrary to popular belief, a lot of people like MILF and Buzz.

Eh...our Tland is weak. It looks better than the others, but attractions wise it's weak.

Jasonflz

LOL

Buzz is fine. MILF is awful, and show's people have no taste.
At least the other parks don't have SGE.

Eh...our Tland is weak. It looks better than the others, but attractions wise it's weak.

Very true sir.

_Scar

But is it "ruined". Way too overboard IMO. I think it's looking better than ever. I respect your opinion, but I just want to defend the ruin comment. I'm being optimistic :D

SirGoofy

But is it "ruined". Way too overboard IMO. I think it's looking better than ever.

No, it's not ruined by any stretch of the imagination. But it needs a lot of help, IMO. Stitch is a ghost town, and the back of the land near CoP and the new stage needs some kinetic energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom