TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conundrum

I never understood what the TTA narration was supposed to be in reference to. I mean what were the influences on that particular style? radio dramas and the Jetsons?

I never understood what the TTA narration was supposed to be in reference to. I mean what were the influences on that particular style? radio dramas and the Jetsons?

In a sense yes. It was the future that never was. Kinda of what Horizons talked about in the 50's scene. So yes actually it probably was strongly influenced in a way by the Jetsons and Buck Rodgers and shows like that. (with a late 90's early 2000's feel)

Thrill Seeker

Having ridden the TTA 6 times in the last two days, I can say I am not thrilled about the new narration, but it's not as terrible as I thought it was the first time I rode. My biggest problem is that there are no standout 'quoteable' lines like with the old version. I think the old version had plenty of gaps, problems, etc., but it was always fun to hear certain parts in various places in Tomorrowland. This new narration is better fleshed out, but it just lacks anything memorable. About the only line I can think of as being potentially quotable (at least the only one that stuck with me) was the bit that the Peoplemover "never stops" near the end of the attraction.

I think the narrator sounds a bit like the narrator on the SSE descent.

By the way, anyone know where I can find some audio files of the "Paging Mr. Tom Morrow" and "Now Approaching" bits? I don't want the entire TTA recording, just those 5-10 second files, if they're available somewhere. I checked Mousebits, but didn't see anything. However, that doesn't mean they're not there, I'm notoriously bad at searching that site. Thanks in advance.

You know, I bet it is the same guy from the SSE decent... Now that you pointed it out, they do sound very similar...

I personally like a few aspects of the new narration, but dislike others. For one, it throws off a lot of the theming of TTA.

1. The board in front of the loading conveyor calls it "The Metroliner". The new narration calls it "The Peoplemover", which is very Wedway esc, which is a good thing for the most part, but it throws off the theme.

2. A lot of the show scenes seem out of place now that TTA really doesn't go into the overall theme of the land as it use to.

3. It's never called the Blue Line in the new narration either.

In short, it's a bit plain. I like the fact that it sounds a lot more like Wedway and is more informative, but dislike the fact that it pretty much throws the theming of the land out the window. Maybe the narration can get changed up again when Space Mountain re-opens?

The Conundrum

You know, I bet it is the same guy from the SSE decent... Now that you pointed it out, they do sound very similar...

I personally like a few aspects of the new narration, but dislike others. For one, it throws off a lot of the theming of TTA.

1. The board in front of the loading conveyor calls it "The Metroliner". The new narration calls it "The Peoplemover", which is very Wedway esc, which is a good thing for the most part, but it throws off the theme.

2. A lot of the show scenes seem out of place now that TTA really doesn't go into the overall theme of the land as it use to.

3. It's never called the Blue Line in the new narration either.

In short, it's a bit plain. I like the fact that it sounds a lot more like Wedway and is more informative, but dislike the fact that it pretty much throws the theming of the land out the window. Maybe the narration can get changed up again when Space Mountain re-opens?

I really wish they would remove that stupid TTA sign from the front of the attraction and swap it for a "Tomorrowland Peoplemover" title or something so people will stop complaining about the whole metroliner/blue line thing.

And no, Space Mountain reopens it will be reinforcing the new theme of the land.

Figment632

I really wish they would remove that stupid TTA sign from the front of the attraction and swap it for a "Tomorrowland Peoplemover" title or something so people will stop complaining about the whole metroliner/blue line thing.

And no, Space Mountain reopens it will be reinforcing the new theme of the land.

I always thought they changed the name because the TTA is not really a People Mover :shrug:

EPCOTPluto

I always thought they changed the name because the TTA is not really a People Mover :shrug:
Would you mean the original DL PeopleMover? I am reading it both ways... :lookaroun

disneyland-nffc-peoplemover.jpg

Future Guy

I've heard some folks say that the new TTA narration is the first step in a re-themeing of Tomorrowland. What exactly are they re-themeing it into? The only time Tomorrowland ever had any semblance of thematic unity was after the 1994 refurb when Alien Encounter and Timekeeper were operating. Those two attractions, along with the TTA and the Astro Orbiter, all fit the "Flash Gordon comic book future city" theme that the refurb was designed to introduce.

Once AE and TK closed, Tomorrowland went back to being what it was before 1994: a dumping ground for stuff that didn't really fit anywhere else (if anyone can tell me what the frak If You Had Wings or the CircleVision films had to do with the traditional TL themes of the future and space travel, I'll give you a dollar) I seriously doubt that Disney is going to evict the toons; BLSRS is too popular, they spent too much money on the Laugh Floor to abandon it so quickly, and they're so determined to cram Stitch down our throats at all costs that I don't see SGE going anywhere no matter how unpopular it is.

So what else can Disney do to re-theme Tomorrowland? And how is the new TTA narration an indication of where they might go with such a project?

jakeman

I've heard some folks say that the new TTA narration is the first step in a re-themeing of Tomorrowland. What exactly are they re-themeing it into? The only time Tomorrowland ever had any semblance of thematic unity was after the 1994 refurb when Alien Encounter and Timekeeper were operating. Those two attractions, along with the TTA and the Astro Orbiter, all fit the "Flash Gordon comic book future city" theme that the refurb was designed to introduce.

Once AE and TK closed, Tomorrowland went back to being what it was before 1994: a dumping ground for stuff that didn't really fit anywhere else (if anyone can tell me what the frak If You Had Wings or the CircleVision films had to do with the traditional TL themes of the future and space travel, I'll give you a dollar) I seriously doubt that Disney is going to evict the toons; BLSRS is too popular, they spent too much money on the Laugh Floor to abandon it so quickly, and they're so determined to cram Stitch down our throats at all costs that I don't see SGE going anywhere no matter how unpopular it is.

So what else can Disney do to re-theme Tomorrowland? And how is the new TTA narration an indication of where they might go with such a project?
I can't answer your question, but I would like to applaud your use of the word "frak".

The Conundrum

Tomorrowland wasn't just about space travel it was about futurism as well a showcase for modern technology and where its headed. Circlevision films themselves weren't themed to the future but the screen technology itself was futuristic and couldn't be found anywhere else in the world (not sure but I think it still isn't used by anyone else). If You had wings was a tribute to modern aviation and when it became Dreamflight they added a whole section at the end about the future of air travel.

Honestly im not sure exactly what, they wont get rid of the toons for a while but i believe they will create rides that coexist again. Space Mountain and the people mover are going to be two examples of the retheming. They will be the first two attractions of the new theme I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom