TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading all 43 pages im going to have to agree with the minority here. Tomorrowland is definitely changing from its 94' theming. And although I grew up with the "new tomorrowland" narration, I can honestly say I enjoy this narration. When i first heard the recording, and just the recording no video I did not love it. Now hearing it while riding it I actually like it. And obviously there not done. And for a # of reasons:
1. Space Mountain and its surrounding areas isn't complete.
2. they still have the weird looking women getting her hair done (has not belonged there ever, but even when buzz was there it should have been removed.) As well as the spot before Mickey's Star Traders. I wouldn't be surprised if in another two years they redo the theming again to the ride
3. There are many spots in the audio that are lacking too much time gaps. I hope and im pretty sure they will fix that.
I believe the narration is in no way complete, I wouldnt be suprised if when space mountain opens, the narration will be different

Connundrum, Im actually in agreement with you. I think tomorowland is going in a new direction. SGE and TLF i believe are placeholders along with Buzz. TL is going to go through an extensive re-theming bits and pieces at a time, but just the thought of that is extremely exciting. Although at night you cant beat TL, the thought of the white and blue future seems appealing. And honestly you know how much color you can project onto white surfaces. It has so many possibilities. Im not going to judge just yet, but this new narration I believe is a taste of things to come and I like where its going!

Lastly the part that sold me on the narration was at the unloading area. Great Big Beautiful tomorrow plays. Great touch.

Came across this on Youtube, I actually like how the white looks at night, look at how space mountain stands out as well as the building where COP is, the lights on the side remind me of star wars (about 34 seconds in)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjjUasq4Hn0&feature=related

GatorGambit

I really don't mind the new narration. It probably needs and will get a few tweaks, and
I personally would rather have something more towards the Jack Wagner side of the voiceover spectrum as opposed to the Jonas Brothers sounding narrator. I grew up on WEDWay and ORAC-1 and If You Had Wings and Mission to Mars, and enjoyed the original Tomorrowland very much. I also thought the 1994 refurb was great and the attractions were pulled together nicely. Today, something needs to be done, because it's 1994 era look and feel with attractions that just don't make sense in their places. A move back to something more retro would be pretty cool and something unique to the Orlando park in my mind.

I really don't mind the new narration. It probably needs and will get a few tweaks, and
I personally would rather have something more towards the Jack Wagner side of the voiceover spectrum as opposed to the Jonas Brothers sounding narrator. I grew up on WEDWay and ORAC-1 and If You Had Wings and Mission to Mars, and enjoyed the original Tomorrowland very much. I also thought the 1994 refurb was great and the attractions were pulled together nicely. Today, something needs to be done, because it's 1994 era look and feel with attractions that just don't make sense in their places. A move back to something more retro would be pretty cool and something unique to the Orlando park in my mind.

I agree completely, the narrator does sound a little like Orac-1 by the way. With no back story though I dont know what to think, hes kind of just some random voice talking

The Conundrum

Wouldn't be unique since Disneyland has also been going retro for 5 years now. But that is mainly because both the imagineers and the fans realize what they did to DL's TL in 1998 was HORRIBLE so now there trying to return it to the glory days (bringing back TL Terrace, Submarine Voyage, updating Star Tours, repainting the land White/blue/silver, etc.)

It kind of makes me mad because they had a good thing going in florida with the 50s retro theme but they totally ruined it by overloading it with poorly thought out/cheap charecter tie-ins like Stitch and monsters inc. laugh floor. All they needed to do was change the backside to do it up more in retro style including tweaking Space Mountain's interior but they didn't. It was fine that they wanted to replace Alien Encounter and Timekeeper but they needed to be replaced with GOOD rides that fit better. Hell if they wanted Monsters Inc. in TL so bad at least clone the tokyo ride and put it in the back area of TL on an unused plot of land and replace timekeeper with something non-cartoon based that fits the retro theme and there wouldnt have been complaining.

EPCOT Explorer

Amen! People act like this is a major attraction, it's not. I can't imagine the reaction if they drastically changed a major attraction!
It's not listed as a major attraction, but the attachment people had to it, was.

Disney should and could be a bit more mindful of that.:shrug:
There is a people mover theme to Buy n Large in Wall-E.

IF TLand magically turned into Wall-E headquarters overnight, I would be a very happy person.
That was the plan about two years ago...
What do you suppose could make the TTA a "bigger picture" ride? I just don't see it.
It already was. Hightened and enhanced the wonderful "city" backstory of Tomorrowland.

I like:
p023.jpg

and
dl-new-tomorrowland-1998.jpg

and
3024283156_74298008aa.jpg

and
hong_kong_disneyland_tomorrowland.jpg

Not so much:
Tomorrowland.jpg

But that's just me...

Couldn't find one on short notice here at work. Same thing, though. TL at MK from 1971 to 1993, the white and swimming-pool-blue one, was very blah and boring to me. I really don't want that back.

Not saying that's how it should look. I'm just saying I liked it. Liked it much better than MK's during the "white years".
Would have liked the full 2055 even better, but that's a moot point....
Agreed....However, I invite you to think of a "modern white" TL. Sleek, color changing, silverish, that laser gun you want in Space Mountain....;) :lol:
Completely disagree. Most of the classic attractions lack a "bigger picture", and if they have one, they either don't beat you over the head with it or they are fan created.
You just contradicted yourself!:brick::lol: If it has it, it has it. Like you said, don't beat people over the head with it....However, almost everything that WDI does (or did) has a thematic purpose. There is no denying that...

The Conundrum

Which...this ride...still has.

Honestly...people are overreacting like crazy here.

The bulk of the people complaining are the people who were born or started visting after Frank Wells had died and Eisner had begun ruining the parks with his newly hired MBA consultants.

The same people who are crying bloody tears over loosing the 1994 narration are the same people who go :rolleyes: when anyone says quality has been going down in the last few years. Alot of them can't help it since they don't know any better.

EPCOT Explorer

Never...said...that.:lookaroun

I do feel that the old one matched the mood of TL better though. Of course, if TL were to change to match this TTAP narration, I would be a happy camper.

Happier if they got those damn lights working, too.
:lol:

SirGoofy

Never...said...that.:lookaroun

I do feel that the old one matched the mood of TL better though. Of course, if TL were to change to match this TTAP narration, I would be a happy camper.

Happier if they got those damn lights working, too.
:lol:

Again, give it time. Not everything can be done over night. The complete change of a land will take a while.

Does anyone else thinks this sounds weird coming from me?:lookaroun

Yes and its the fact that this redo is the first of the "new" theme it just dosent fit yet. I see when space mountain opens we will see the themeing start to come together

On a side note, maybe what they are building on the roof of the old skyway station is the beginning of the re-theming of tomorrowland a new how do you say it, Molding, kind of like what you see with the metal pieces that cover the pillars on the tta now.

The bulk of the people complaining are the people who were born or started visting after Frank Wells had died and Eisner had begun ruining the parks with his newly hired MBA consultants.

The same people who are crying bloody tears over loosing the 1994 narration are the same people who go :rolleyes: when anyone says quality has been going down in the last few years. Alot of them can't help it since they don't know any better.

I think i might be an exception to this.:D

jt04

I was going to the world before you were born and as I've been saying for at least a year or two, the quality of the resort (pre-Wells) is returning. You know, back when it was really special. When Epcot first opened. Yes, it's been a bit hit and miss at times but the trend is undeniable.

You are late to recognizing the TL changes but at least you finally see it so I'll give you a bit of credit for that. You have come a long way from your posts of a year ago. Soon I predict, you will even be praising the "sheriff" :lol:.

I'm not arguing here, just expressing my view. :cool:

EPCOT Explorer

Again, give it time. Not everything can be done over night. The complete change of a land will take a while.

Does anyone else thinks this sounds weird coming from me?:lookaroun
Yes, but I agree. :) ;)
Yes and its the fact that this redo is the first of the "new" theme it just dosent fit yet. I see when space mountain opens we will see the themeing start to come together

On a side note, maybe what they are building on the roof of the old skyway station is the beginning of the re-theming of tomorrowland a new how do you say it, Molding, kind of like what you see with the metal pieces that cover the pillars on the tta now.
Agreed. This is getting interesting.
I was going to the world before you were born and as I've been saying for at least a year or two, the quality of the resort (pre-Wells) is returning. You know, back when it was really special. When Epcot first opened. Yes, it's been a bit hit and miss at times but the trend is undeniable.

You are late to recognizing the TL changes but at least you finally see it so I'll give you a bit of credit for that. You have come a long way from your posts of a year ago. Soon I predict, you will even be praising the "sheriff" :lol:.

I'm not arguing here, just expressing my view. :cool:
Too many misses, as of late, and the hits are not big enough...space Mountain and Innoventions can DRASTICALLY change that.

things are looking up, however...but they are not perfect. Won't be for a while.

Too many misses, as of late, and the hits are not big enough...space Mountain and Innoventions can DRASTICALLY change that.

things are looking up, however...but they are not perfect. Won't be for a while.

Good things take time! (hopefully)

jt04

Good point. But keep in mind the neglect and outright mistakes were substantial. Many of which are behind the scenes and infrastructure fixes. I can't imagine the resources that have been directed to fixing that.

The Fantasyland expansion is on the way. My thinking is that is just the beginning of the return of the REAL WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom