TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPCOT Explorer

Good point. But keep in mind the neglect and outright mistakes were substantial. Many of which are behind the scenes and infrastructure fixes. I can't imagine the resources that have been directed to fixing that.

The Fantasyland expansion is on the way. My thinking is that is just the beginning of the return of the REAL WDW
We posted almost the same thing at the same time. Scurry.:ROFLOL:

Agreed in full. We are witnessing and taking the first steps now.

SirGoofy

Good point. But keep in mind the neglect and outright mistakes were substantial. Many of which are behind the scenes and infrastructure fixes. I can't imagine the resources that have been directed to fixing that.

The Fantasyland expansion is on the way. My thinking is that is just the beginning of the return of the REAL WDW.

I...agree...in entirety.

And they said it'd never happen.;)

IlikeDW

Wouldn't be unique since Disneyland has also been going retro for 5 years now. But that is mainly because both the imagineers and the fans realize what they did to DL's TL in 1998 was HORRIBLE so now there trying to return it to the glory days (bringing back TL Terrace, Submarine Voyage, updating Star Tours, repainting the land White/blue/silver, etc.)

It kind of makes me mad because they had a good thing going in florida with the 50s retro theme but they totally ruined it by overloading it with poorly thought out/cheap charecter tie-ins like Stitch and monsters inc. laugh floor. All they needed to do was change the backside to do it up more in retro style including tweaking Space Mountain's interior but they didn't. It was fine that they wanted to replace Alien Encounter and Timekeeper but they needed to be replaced with GOOD rides that fit better. Hell if they wanted Monsters Inc. in TL so bad at least clone the tokyo ride and put it in the back area of TL on an unused plot of land and replace timekeeper with something non-cartoon based that fits the retro theme and there wouldnt have been complaining.

I will have to agree with you on this one. Stitch, Monsters and Buzz are all mediocre rides and feel like they were shoehorned into tomorrowland rather than designed to fit. I think the negative reaction to the new narration is not so much about characters from the rides being in the spiel but more a commentary on the rides themselves.

I will have to agree with you on this one. Stitch, Monsters and Buzz are all mediocre rides and feel like they were shoehorned into tomorrowland rather than designed to fit. I think the negative reaction to the new narration is not so much about characters from the rides being in the spiel but more a commentary on the rides themselves.

Agree completely and thats a perfect way to put it.

The Conundrum

I...agree...in entirety.

And they said it'd never happen.;)

Im in agreement as well. This can't be we are....synchronizing

It took a few years but it seems that the Pixar boys are really doing wonders for the company. Jury is still out on Iger though since the stock hasn't really done much since he's become CEO (it stagnates in the mid 20s). I am also concerned about ________ Cook's replacement. I fear he will hog all the credit for the projects Cook greenlit (Wonderland, Tron 2, Prince of Persia) and this will give him the full power to greenlight whatever he wants (All Hannah Montannah and High School Musical style films). I also want to see a shake up at P&R. Other than that the company is looking pretty good I must say.

So if this is a start to a retheming which I believe it is, what possible attractions will replace existing ones that dont fit namely, BUZZ SGE and TLF? I could argue, even though its been there for a while the speedway as well.

The Conundrum

So if this is a start to a retheming which I believe it is, what possible attractions will replace existing ones that dont fit namely, BUZZ SGE and TLF? I could argue, even though its been there for a while the speedway as well.

My theory is the backside is priority 1. Space Mountain, COP, that big huge unused land that used to be Skyway and Galaxy theather. Buzz and SGE would probably next since Midway Mania is basically the same ride if not superior and fits themeatically over at the studio and SGE is a flop so I would imagine WDI is dying to remove it.

Unfortuantly knowing Rasolu we could be looking at 2016 before anything major happens. Which is bad because MK needs help now and adding little mermaid and doubling dumbo just isnt enough.

_Scar

My theory is the backside is priority 1. Space Mountain, COP, that big huge unused land that used to be Skyway and Galaxy theather. Buzz and SGE would probably next since Midway Mania is basically the same ride if not superior and fits themeatically over at the studio and SGE is a flop so I would imagine WDI is dying to remove it.

Unfortuantly knowing Rasolu we could be looking at 2016 before anything major happens. Which is bad because MK needs help now and adding little mermaid and doubling dumbo just isnt enough.

Buzz and Midway only are alike because of the game setting and Toy Story theme. Other than that they are totally different.

That sucks, that will create more distaste as well. In my opinion, with the renovations to TTA (which i will now refer to the peoplemover) and space mountain, they need to really finish re-theming. A new audio loop perhaps (wishful thinking). I got a feeling once space mountain reopens (WITH A MUCH DIFFERENT THEME THEN BEFORE) there will be alot of unhappy people. And if they do as you say wait that long people will grow more and more unhappy. It would be great to see in a time frame of about 3 or 4 years, Tomorowland re-themed to what its heading towards now. I know that wont be the case, but it really needs some tlc if they are in fact as I believe changing the theme.

Tom Morrow

The bulk of the people complaining are the people who were born or started visting after Frank Wells had died and Eisner had begun ruining the parks with his newly hired MBA consultants.

The same people who are crying bloody tears over loosing the 1994 narration are the same people who go when anyone says quality has been going down in the last few years. Alot of them can't help it since they don't know any better.
This is an incredibly huge, unjustified assumption if I ever saw one.

"Everyone who doesn't have the same opinion as me is an uninformed idiot and I base this on absolutely nothing."

captainkidd

This is the problem. People listen to it and immediately hate it. I'm guessing most of you had your mind made up before you even listened to it. But everyone hates change don't they.:rolleyes:

And to the "why fix what isn't broken?" argument. Think about attractions like Haunted Mansion. Was the ride broken? Nope. After the refurb, it's considered to be WDW best attraction. But why fix what isn't broken right?

Horrible analogy. Haunted Mansion was in some pretty bad shape in some parts. They merely fixed it up, enchanced the audio, and added scenes to places where there was nothing worth looking at. They didn't "change" the ride. Imagine had they changed the narration. People would have been up in arms.

Again, the problem here isn't just the changing of audio on a specific ride. It's the changing of the audio for an entire land. The TTA spiel could be heard all through Tomorrowland and added a lot to the atmosphere.

Figment632

Horrible analogy. Haunted Mansion was in some pretty bad shape in some parts. They merely fixed it up, enchanced the audio, and added scenes to places where there was nothing worth looking at. They didn't "change" the ride. Imagine had they changed the narration. People would have been up in arms.

Again, the problem here isn't just the changing of audio on a specific ride. It's the changing of the audio for an entire land. The TTA spiel could be heard all through Tomorrowland and added a lot to the atmosphere.

I think the problem is not so much the change but that the script is terrible :shrug:

Kadruk

2 Observations about the new spiel that I haven't seen anywhere else on the thread:

#1 - The new narrator sounds familiar.. I believe it may be the same narrator as "Living with the land". the voice isn't as deep, but that could be a difference in speakers, recording techniques, and mixing..

#2 - The new narration refers to the attraction as a 'People Mover' about mid-way through.. pretty good stuff..

rebecca06261

^ Specifically it is now referred to as the Tomorrowland Transit Authority's People Mover (it's referred to twice: once in the middle and once right before you disembark.)

2 Observations about the new spiel that I haven't seen anywhere else on the thread:

#1 - The new narrator sounds familiar.. I believe it may be the same narrator as "Living with the land". the voice isn't as deep, but that could be a difference in speakers, recording techniques, and mixing..

#2 - The new narration refers to the attraction as a 'People Mover' about mid-way through.. pretty good stuff..

The narrator actually sounds alot like the previous version of the peoplemover with the ORAC-1 voice this was before the lands refurb in 1994.

heres an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjjUasq4Hn0
some simmilarities starts at around 36 secs

WDWFigment

The narrator actually sounds alot like the previous version of the peoplemover with the ORAC-1 voice this was before the lands refurb in 1994.

heres an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjjUasq4Hn0
some simmilarities starts at around 36 secs

Having ridden the TTA 6 times in the last two days, I can say I am not thrilled about the new narration, but it's not as terrible as I thought it was the first time I rode. My biggest problem is that there are no standout 'quoteable' lines like with the old version. I think the old version had plenty of gaps, problems, etc., but it was always fun to hear certain parts in various places in Tomorrowland. This new narration is better fleshed out, but it just lacks anything memorable. About the only line I can think of as being potentially quotable (at least the only one that stuck with me) was the bit that the Peoplemover "never stops" near the end of the attraction.

I think the narrator sounds a bit like the narrator on the SSE descent.

By the way, anyone know where I can find some audio files of the "Paging Mr. Tom Morrow" and "Now Approaching" bits? I don't want the entire TTA recording, just those 5-10 second files, if they're available somewhere. I checked Mousebits, but didn't see anything. However, that doesn't mean they're not there, I'm notoriously bad at searching that site. Thanks in advance.

Having ridden the TTA 6 times in the last two days, I can say I am not thrilled about the new narration, but it's not as terrible as I thought it was the first time I rode. My biggest problem is that there are no standout 'quoteable' lines like with the old version. I think the old version had plenty of gaps, problems, etc., but it was always fun to hear certain parts in various places in Tomorrowland. This new narration is better fleshed out, but it just lacks anything memorable. About the only line I can think of as being potentially quotable (at least the only one that stuck with me) was the bit that the Peoplemover "never stops" near the end of the attraction.

I think the narrator sounds a bit like the narrator on the SSE descent.

By the way, anyone know where I can find some audio files of the "Paging Mr. Tom Morrow" and "Now Approaching" bits? I don't want the entire TTA recording, just those 5-10 second files, if they're available somewhere. I checked Mousebits, but didn't see anything. However, that doesn't mean they're not there, I'm notoriously bad at searching that site. Thanks in advance.

Try this im not sure about the bits but i do know they have a full recording.

http://mousegeeks.com/audiofiles/Au... DLP, & TDL - 2006)/Walt Disney World Resort/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom