TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Morrow

I'm not going to read through 20+ pages, but removing the "Now approaching" spiels and chimes was such a ridiculously stupid move. I wouldn't have minded a few tweaks, but that voice and chime was literally a part of Tomorrowland and not just the TTA. It MADE the atmosphere work.

But who needs to keep something everybody knows and loves when we can utilize that space to shove our liscensed characters down your throat even more??? Why turn this wonderfully simple attraction into nothing but an advertisement for the other attractions?

Some of you don't seem to get what the big deal is, but this change is akin to removing "Please stand clear of the doors!" from the monorail. Its something you just don't touch. This should have been a no-brainer.

Oh, and I'm not just bitter because they removed the audio where I got my username from!

The Conundrum

Maybe we should start a save Tomorrowland campaign....

Anyways, could someone tomorrow find out if they are indeed taking opinions after the ride? Also, anyone there make sure to go to city hall and voice your displeasure. We have to make our voices are heard and let Disney know that the old narration must stay! If they want to make MK perfect for it's 40th then don't mess with the land that already does the best job of conveying a great theme. SAVE TOMORROWLAND!

Do you really want to save stitch, monsters inc. laugh floor, buzz-e-cheese, a rundown space mountain, the speedway, and a COP that doesnt even have a carphone?

I think disney is being too modest just bulldozing galaxy theather adn skyway. I say bulldoze the whole land and start over fresh because the current version ain't working!

yankspy

Look on the bright side, they could have changed it to "Stitch's transportation authority".

Anyway, I'll give my opinion on it in two weeks.:sohappy:

SirGoofy

But who needs to keep something everybody knows and loves when we can utilize that space to shove our liscensed characters down your throat even more???

I didn't realize a total of 30 seconds of character voices on the ride was "shoving it down the throat".

Why turn this wonderfully simple attraction into nothing but an advertisement for the other attractions?

That's what the TTA/People Mover always has been.:rolleyes:

Some of you don't seem to get what the big deal is, but this change is akin to removing "Please stand clear of the doors!" from the monorail. Its something you just don't touch. This should have been a no-brainer.

No...no it's not.:lol:

EPCOTPluto

Is it only for the Halloween Party? Because I could have sworn that I heard remixes of Night Fire Dance and Behind the Waterfall... :lookaroun
Haven't heard of such remixes (would be awesome, though), but it is mostly Ray Lynch & Isao Tomita.

I thought it was a blast when riding the TTA, and the Celestial Soda Pop remix played during the ride. :lookaroun:D

They play the "If You Had Wings" theme in Tomorrowland??? Is it a remix or the original score? Does anyone have a full TL track list?
Yes, it's a remix.

As for a full, TL BGM list, well, only few are know. Tomorrowland Area Music (2003-Present)

I theorize there's at least one Captain EO song there, and I read the others are supposedly 1950's tunes. :shrug:

Mr.EPCOT

Haven't heard of such remixes (would be awesome, though), but it is mostly Ray Lynch & Isao Tomita.

I thought it was a blast when riding the TTA, and the Celestial Soda Pop remix played during the ride. :lookaroun:D

Yes, it's a remix.

As for a full, TL BGM list, well, only few are know. Tomorrowland Area Music (2003-Present)

I theorize there's at least one Captain EO song there, and I read the others are supposedly 1950's tunes. :shrug:

I think the rest of it is probably original. I wish they'd DreamFlight in there, too, though.

Iceviper123

Do you really want to save stitch, monsters inc. laugh floor, buzz-e-cheese, a rundown space mountain, the speedway, and a COP that doesnt even have a carphone?

I think disney is being too modest just bulldozing galaxy theather adn skyway. I say bulldoze the whole land and start over fresh because the current version ain't working!

Im pretty sure those animated related attractions are going to stay for a while in tomorrowland.

Why would you want bulldoze the land?
We would end up with a land based off some film property. :rolleyes:

Expo_Seeker40

Disneyland's PeopleMover and the MK's PeopleMover originally were meant to be advertisements, especially corporate ads in the early days. Jack Wagner originally narrated both of them, then it became a female at Disneyland, and then it included characters such as C3PO and Master Computer. In the MK ORAC-1 took over Jack Wagner's narration, and it included some annoying beeping computer.

If WDWMAGIC were around in 1994, numerous fanboys would be complaining about how dry the TTA script was. How it was no longer the PeopleMover, how the script was so plain and robotic and nothing but a few mild descriptions on select attractions and "now approaching", they would say who paging mr morrow and hoverburbs were cheap shots at trying to tie in a land of tomorrow that was halfway finished with 1970s architecture and the new 1994 makeover.

Then folks got used to it, and by 2009 there were hardly and descriptive narrations left! It was just jingles, now approaching, and good ole mr. morrow

Now we have a land that is so far removed from any purpose, whether that be 1971-1975-1994, that it really doesn't matter for the sake of tomorrowland which way this ride goes.

I do not like how out of breathe the narrator is, and don't like some of the script, other than that, I must be one of only 4 fanboys that see this as a positive change.

Main Street USA

Yeah, I HATED the script when it came out in 94. I loved the ORAC-1 before that, simply because it was what I knew. Then, guess what, the new script and narration grew on me, and became part of the WDW experience I love. Now, the script has changed again. I do my best to learn from the past. I'll be loving this narration just as much as the last one, and the one before that in no time at all.

It's really not that big of a deal. Those that keep exclaiming things are "ruined" truly need to step back and get some perspective. Thinking that Disney is "stupid" for changing the spiel makes you a little.....well....."stupid." ;)

The Conundrum

Disneyland's PeopleMover and the MK's PeopleMover originally were meant to be advertisements, especially corporate ads in the early days. Jack Wagner originally narrated both of them, then it became a female at Disneyland, and then it included characters such as C3PO and Master Computer. In the MK ORAC-1 took over Jack Wagner's narration, and it included some annoying beeping computer.

If WDWMAGIC were around in 1994, numerous fanboys would be complaining about how dry the TTA script was. How it was no longer the PeopleMover, how the script was so plain and robotic and nothing but a few mild descriptions on select attractions and "now approaching", they would say who paging mr morrow and hoverburbs were cheap shots at trying to tie in a land of tomorrow that was halfway finished with 1970s architecture and the new 1994 makeover.

Then folks got used to it, and by 2009 there were hardly and descriptive narrations left! It was just jingles, now approaching, and good ole mr. morrow

Now we have a land that is so far removed from any purpose, whether that be 1971-1975-1994, that it really doesn't matter for the sake of tomorrowland which way this ride goes.

I do not like how out of breathe the narrator is, and don't like some of the script, other than that, I must be one of only 4 fanboys that see this as a positive change.

Agree on all points. When they changed the narration in 1994 the new style was so radically different from anything that came before there is no question it would have caused an uproar.

Also, what alot of 13 year olds here don't realize is that the TTA script that was removed is not the same as the one that existed when the peoplemover became the TTA! A whole bunch of linse and narration have been removed or changed! It was a mercy kill at this point!

hpyhnt 1000

Yeah, I HATED the script when it came out in 94. I loved the ORAC-1 before that, simply because it was what I knew. Then, guess what, the new script and narration grew on me, and became part of the WDW experience I love. Now, the script has changed again. I do my best to learn from the past. I'll be loving this narration just as much as the last one, and the one before that in no time at all.

It's really not that big of a deal. Those that keep exclaiming things are "ruined" truly need to step back and get some perspective. Thinking that Disney is "stupid" for changing the spiel makes you a little.....well....."stupid." ;)

I think thats a good way of putting it. I'll learn to like this new spiel, that I have no doubt about. All the same, '94 Tomorrowland Transit Authority will always have that special nostalgia for me. :eek:

(Gosh, first SSE '94, now TTA '94... I'm really into the '94 stuff. :lol:)

Expo_Seeker40

We see the light! :lookaroun :sohappy:

The script from 1994...what was in 2009 was nothing more than a shadow its former self...it truly was a mercy killing....

***THREAD DRIFT*** as of right now, it looks like they will be making the Space Mountain entrance building and arcade fresh with new, more traditonal tomorrowlandish colors.....and while space mountain when it reopens , wont be a 2.0 by any means, hopefully it will appear fresh and rejuvinated....and here's hoping the CoP can get some attention once SM reopens.

Space Mtn, Peoplemover (feels great to call it that again), and CoP are all that is left from old tomorrowland, in their respective 1970s architecture. Perhaps if they can have some faux tomorrowland community exhibits in the Space Mountain post show, or CoP: presented by the Metro Retro Historical society, it can help connect these attractions all together.

captainkidd

Only had to listen to a couple minutes to know I don't like it. As others have said, there are just some things they should leave alone. The voice and narration was a HUGE part of the TL atmosphere.

I understand change, when it's necessary. But why change that? Was it broken? Is this enhancing the ride any?

kcnole

The recording I heard isn't great so its hard to tell if I like it or not. I will say I liked the much older Orca-1 version which was more narration of the park than what had been used since 94. So I really like the direction this one is taking. I think the voice might need some work, but it may just be the bad recording I'm hearing.

I'll need a better recording to judge appropriately.

I hated what had been on the TTA though so I don't mind this change.

The Conundrum

We see the light! :lookaroun :sohappy:

The script from 1994...what was in 2009 was nothing more than a shadow its former self...it truly was a mercy killing....

***THREAD DRIFT*** as of right now, it looks like they will be making the Space Mountain entrance building and arcade fresh with new, more traditonal tomorrowlandish colors.....and while space mountain when it reopens , wont be a 2.0 by any means, hopefully it will appear fresh and rejuvinated....and here's hoping the CoP can get some attention once SM reopens.

Space Mtn, Peoplemover (feels great to call it that again), and CoP are all that is left from old tomorrowland, in their respective 1970s architecture. Perhaps if they can have some faux tomorrowland community exhibits in the Space Mountain post show, or CoP: presented by the Metro Retro Historical society, it can help connect these attractions all together.

They are dropping the 1994 Metropolis theme so there is no need for historical societies. As of right now only the front portion of Tomorrowland + Astro Oribtor remain of the "future that never was" theme.

The COP, Space Mountain, and Peoplemover represent Tomorrowland III which restore several classic elements of Tomorrowland.

Don't worry one day we will drive the toons out of the front of Tomorrowland. SOME DAY!

hpyhnt 1000

They are dropping the 1994 Metropolis theme so there is no need for historical societies. As of right now only the front portion of Tomorrowland + Astro Oribtor remain of the "future that never was" theme.

The COP, Space Mountain, and Peoplemover represent Tomorrowland III which restore several classic elements of Tomorrowland.

Don't worry one day we will drive the toons out of the front of Tomorrowland. SOME DAY!

Now that is something I can support! :D :sohappy:

Main Street USA

Only had to listen to a couple minutes to know I don't like it. As others have said, there are just some things they should leave alone. The voice and narration was a HUGE part of the TL atmosphere.

I understand change, when it's necessary. But why change that? Was it broken? Is this enhancing the ride any?
Yes, it WAS broken. It was incredibly chopped up with all the changes over the years.

Tom Morrow

I didn't realize a total of 30 seconds of character voices on the ride was "shoving it down the throat".
Why do they need to be there at all? I will say that this addition really doesn't bother me too much... its the fact that everything else is so completely generic and boring.

That's what the TTA/People Mover always has been.:rolleyes:
The previous version was in-theme with a city transportation system. It was whimsical and fun, and the voice and chimes were a big part of Tomorrowland's atmosphere. While at one time it DID mention every attraction, it wasn't such a blatant sales pitch and stayed in theme.

No...no it's not.:lol:
Clearly it is, since a lot of people are fond of the former narration.

But whatever, keep being smug and defending mediocrity.

Yes, it WAS broken. It was incredibly chopped up with all the changes over the years.

It was only missing an announcement for SGE and Laugh Floor. They could have easilly inserted something here and kept everything else the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom