Tta is open

Lee

Adventurer
Ummm....I know I heard they were going to work on the ceiling, but....sure don't look like it.
6a00d83451c3cb69e20120a5baef2c970c-800wi

And all that new track? I'm thinking.....no.:mad:

CaptainMichael

Pre-Furb-n- fake word made up by people pretending to be in the know. You can never be wrong if you say that there is a major refurb coming someday far from now and this small refurb is just a "pre-furb" because of plans that haven't been made yet for said future refurb.

EPCOT Explorer

Because...it's lights.:shrug:

It's a nice little touch, but it's not going to make me wet myself with excitement.
I guess this is opinion.

For me, it does something for the whole land. And it kinda alludes to something else getting lights...Hopefully.:shrug:

I like it. Makes Tomorrowland look fresh.

Switching out one scene for another doesn't seem like a downgrade to me... :wave:
Ah. True. Switching out would have been good, but then again, we got an addition.

I think the lights tie into to a longer range vision and plan. Are you trying to carry the water for 74 and con while they are gone?

The lights are quite an amazing add IMO!

I can't hold it in....

Way To Go TDO! :sohappy:

It's a good thing, jt, but it's not that good.:lol::eek:

Ah, to find a happy balance....

Even Evan is excited about D23 announcements.

And all the stuff happening at Epcot too. And the TTA lights etc.

And the new kuka arms...........oh wait.

Yep....I would be happier if WDW were FOR SURE getting something out of this, however. Right now, it seems as though D23= Disney minus WDW. :(

jt04

I guess this is opinion.

For me, it does something for the whole land. And it kinda alludes to something else getting lights...Hopefully.:shrug:

I like it. Makes Tomorrowland look fresh.

Ah. True. Switching out would have been good, but then again, we got an addition.

It's a good thing, jt, but it's not that good.:lol::eek:

Ah, to find a happy balance....

Yep....I would be happier if WDW were FOR SURE getting something out of this, however. Right now, it seems as though D23= Disney minus WDW. :(

Any WDW announcement(s) were to be on Saturday.......hopefully. :D

Future Guy

I see your point. Walt's Disneyland didn't need an overcooked backstory to justify the presence of an attraction. Take the Matterhorn, for instance. There's no fancy "we're on a mission to find the Abominable Snowman" story---and before the addition of the Snowman in the 70s, there was no "we're on a mission to bobsled down the Matterhorn to save the day". It was simply, "you're bobsledding around the Matterhorn." Let your imagination work its magic.

I, too, get annoyed with the overly complicated storylines that are lost on the majority of the guests. I think much of the stories are lost on guests because the presentation of these storylines is too expository. I much prefer the old-school WDI attractions that simply put you in the middle of the action and let your imagination explain what you're seeing. Pirates and Mansion didn't need explicit storylines to impress generations of guests (and I don't count the storylines that could only be found in the SOP guides).

Disney does well when it emphasizes theming over expository storytelling.

That's exactly what I was thinking. You said it way better than me :)

dixiegirl

Paging Mr Morrow, Mr Tom Morrow ... I'm so glad it has opened before next week when we'll be resting our weary feet on it several times.

So true huh? Our girls refer to that ride as "the relaxing ride"...Was always a favorite and still is in our family, From feeding little ones their bottles to getting them a little shut eye (or yourself) , to when their older and enjoy the realaxing feel of it..Yeah so glad it up and working again....... 2 weeks and we'll be on it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom