Tta is open

Tom

Beta Return
narration? music? tunnels? epcot model? anyone?:wave:

I had higher hopes for the WDWMagic members. The "new" TTA has been open for 12 hours, and there's not one new pic on this site. Oh, the humanity!

I'm sitting here in lonely 'ol Indiana and I rely on WDWM members to help me live vicariously through descriptions and pictures.

Someone! Anyone! Post some photos or a description of the walls. It's been dark for over an hour. No pics of video of the lighting in action?

I'm dying here!!!! :brick:

TalkingHead

So the attraction opening in August of 69 and Disneyland Records recording the LP 6 months prior to that does not make that story line the official storyline? Not only does it contain most of the elements that you see in the ride, but it also contains alot of things that were planned but not produced. :shrug:

hmmm...

I've heard the LP recording, and I just don't buy that it's the "official" story of the ride. If so, why do we never see any evidence of the kids (Ron Howard and the girl) within the ride? It's been a while since I listened to it, but I'm pretty sure I've heard elsewhere that the story on the LP was not really the basis for the Imagineers' work on the ride.

WDITrent

What did you want, a loop?:rolleyes:
We're getting one of those in Space Mountain. :lookaroun

:lol:

Just the entire concept. Very original, very Disney. And it needs to be in WDW!
Really? I thought it was a cheap mish-mash of things Disney already had. A summary of the presentation. "Well, uh, Harrison Hightower has this friend and he has a mansion (By the way, his name is 'Henry Mystic.' You know how long it took us to think of that name?). Well, anywho, he has this monkey, and it opens a mystical box and trackless ride and rooms and we can spin them around cuz it's cool and then we have stuff and armory and yeah and magic dust." :)

Nope.:rolleyes:
Refurb: Failure on a massive scale.
Ain't that the truth.

devoy1701

I've heard the LP recording, and I just don't buy that it's the "official" story of the ride. If so, why do we never see any evidence of the kids (Ron Howard and the girl) within the ride? It's been a while since I listened to it, but I'm pretty sure I've heard elsewhere that the story on the LP was not really the basis for the Imagineers' work on the ride.

Because the guests take the place of the kids in the ride. Much like how the original Snow White dark ride did not have Snow White in it...you were supposed to be riding through the story as her. I didn't say that the LP was the basis for the Imagineers' work on the ride, but that the LP was created based on their work and notes from when the attraction was being created...that is why it contains some elements that are not in the attraction we see today.

I give you the point that other elements such as the back storiy of Constance and the attic have since developed from fans both inside and outside of Disney, or about her ring in the cement in front of the mansion, or even how Master Gracey actual ties in with the BTM Mining Company and Frontierland backstory, but the fundamentals of why we are traveling through the mansion, and why the Raven appears in multiple scenes is all laid out in the LP.

EDIT: I also don't mean to say that the two children from the LP are specifically important to the storyline either...those 2 characters can easily be replaced by any body, any age...they just are a place holder for the fact that 2 people (or a whole group of people) went into the mansion, were greeted by the ghost host, trapped in the mansion and are then tasked with finding their own way out. The LP meerly defines what is unspoken about the journey through the mansion.

TalkingHead

Really? I thought it was a cheap mish-mash of things Disney already had. A summary of the presentation. "Well, uh, Harrison Hightower has this friend and he has a mansion (By the way, his name is 'Henry Mystic.' You know how long it took us to think of that name?). Well, anywho, he has this monkey, and it opens a mystical box and trackless ride and rooms and we can spin them around cuz it's cool and then we have stuff and armory and yeah and magic dust." :)

The Imagineer's description of Mystic Mansion reminded me of how WDI just insists on giving us more story than we need.

Case in point, the whole story revolves around this Pandora's box having been opened. So at the end of the ride the monkey closes the box and Mystic reappears, ironically not realizing what's happened and inviting us back.

I guess modern-day WDI would never let a ride end with the hitchhiking ghosts. After all we don't have a crystal-clear resolution (Imagineer 1: "The ghosts will follow you home??" Imagineer 2: "That's too open-ended.").

Instead we'd have to discover that the hitchhiking ghosts were actually the ghosts of the three original owners of the mansion and they're really just inviting us back to visit again.

Can someone go tomorrow and go on this ride? I'm surprised no one went over there today to check it out.

Don't tell me we have to wait until next Saturday when I get a chance to get over there!

MyLittleAngels

I had higher hopes for the WDWMagic members. The "new" TTA has been open for 12 hours, and there's not one new pic on this site. Oh, the humanity!

I'm sitting here in lonely 'ol Indiana and I rely on WDWM members to help me live vicariously through descriptions and pictures.

Someone! Anyone! Post some photos or a description of the walls. It's been dark for over an hour. No pics of video of the lighting in action?

thats because the admins here have a bad habit of banning people that post links to other sites images.... thats all

I saw the TTA in full force today, and have pics.. but they won't be posted here.

MyLittleAngels

We were saying this right at the start, so we really shouldnt be disappointed. Both the TTA and SM projects are not major makeovers - they are both about doing some touch up and working on ride system issues.

PS. the lighting job was actually quite a big one. You are talking hundreds, if not thousands of lighting fixtures in there.

While I agree, the lights are a major upgrade.. lets not go crazy... It's not hundreds, or thousands... it's dozens..

they are every 15 yards or so, in pairs.. and only in the areas that are not 'tunnels' plus the loading platform... which is roughly 10-12 lights at most.. I'll can count them tomorrow if you'd like

CaptainMichael

The Imagineer's description of Mystic Mansion reminded me of how WDI just insists on giving us more story than we need.

Case in point, the whole story revolves around this Pandora's box having been opened. So at the end of the ride the monkey closes the box and Mystic reappears, ironically not realizing what's happened and inviting us back.

I guess modern-day WDI would never let a ride end with the hitchhiking ghosts. After all we don't have a crystal-clear resolution (Imagineer 1: "The ghosts will follow you home??" Imagineer 2: "That's too open-ended.").

Instead we'd have to discover that the hitchhiking ghosts were actually the ghosts of the three original owners of the mansion and they're really just inviting us back to visit again.

Personally, I think it's the best thing they've come up with since TDS. Stories should have a beginning, middle, and end, and Mystic Manor seems to have all 3. I approve.

sillyspook13

Sorry! I had to work today, and by the time I was off I saw multiple sources that said it was closed, possibly reopening for the Halloween party. :(

Kuhio

Personally, I think it's the best thing they've come up with since TDS. Stories should have a beginning, middle, and end, and Mystic Manor seems to have all 3. I approve.

I completely agree. I was blown away by the presentation on Mystic Manor -- I think they've really done an impressive job of taking elements from a number of different, well-loved Disney attractions, lands, and themes and potentially making something that transcends all of its parts. Even though some of those parts are a bit hokey ("Henry Mystic," the mischievous critter that inadvertently creates chaos and has to fix things, etc.), the context and execution seem more than fresh and exciting enough to compensate. I can't wait to see Mystic Manor when it opens in a few years.

In regard to a bigger-picture point... it doesn't make sense to dismiss an attraction categorically because it has a narrative, or because it doesn't have one. Some attractions work well with a clear narrative beginning, middle, and end. Others don't. Some attractions sink under the weight of a poorly-conceived backstory, and would have been better off just being a series of well-themed, atmospheric, related scenes. Other attractions would benefit with more of a narrative overlay. It all depends on the needs and the nature of the attraction.

EPCOT Explorer

I think it's all the same...Hence, no news.:wave:

Ain't that the truth.

Really, guys?:shrug:

I think it's a wonderful idea....It's not a "experience" as the HM is, but this time, it's a actual sequence, a story. And it teaches a wonderfully symbolic lesson- Pandora!:D I find it fantastic.

And 3 hitchhiking ghosts....3 Manor Owners/Competitors?:lookaroun

I haz theory.:D

Vince3

We just rode TTA twice during MNSSHP. The ride is much smoother. The revolving floor is new. Unbelievably , the upholstery was not changed nor was it fixed. Some new lighting . All the "scenes" were all the same as well as the narration .
Going thru SM was different only because the lights were on.The black walls covered the loading dock.I got to see the top part of the track,but to be honest I don't know what it looked like before.
I also stood up to see that the exit scenes were also the same.
I posted some pics on twitter if anyone cares to see.
Also on Tuesday while on COP there was a heavyset dude with a WDWmagic shirt on, but I did not get to talk to him.
I am whipped, will try to get better info tomorrow!

jt04

Ain't that the truth.

Oh I see you are making quotes of the people on wdwmagic with supposedly clever comments and that same tired signature and not even a new avatar for the tired one and stuff and bad spelling and yeah cynacism which is the realm of the mostly vacant.

.....and some kind of dust.

See anyone can be a cynic. :lol:

:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom