TSI / Frontierland Addition

flavious27

It moves more than that--at least the last time I was there, they took multiple stages to get all the barges out. And the riverboat runs on the half-hour, not every ten minutes. Finally, if there were two bridges, each on the opposite side of the island, one would always be down.

Video This shows them moving the globe and barges at once.

Yes the Liberty Belle runs every 30 minutes but there are procedures they will need to follow before, during, and after. There is going to be so much time it takes CMs to block the path and then close it, there is the time while the Liberty Belle passes through and then the time for the two spans to be lowered back into place. I also suspect that disney will need to have so much of a bubble so that the Liberty Belle does not need to slow down or stop to pass; that bubble will probably be the amount of time for the Liberty Belle to safely slow down and come to a stop in case there are any problems with the drawbridge.

As for having two draw bridges, disney is either going to have a group of CMs running back and forth between the two bridges or have to have two groups of CMs working the draw bridges. As I said earlier, having a draw bridge that will be opening and closing so much per day 24 - 30+, is going to require a large maintenance requirement.

dcibrando

It would make A LOT more sense to get rid of the speedway go-carts attraction this takes up alot of room, is loud, smells of gasoline, and has nothing to do with the land it's in.

I couldn't believe they didn't do this along with the FLE expansion. A good amount of land there they could build a cool new futuristic tomorrowland attraction

flavious27

It would make A LOT more sense to get rid of the speedway go-carts attraction this takes up alot of room, is loud, smells of gasoline, and has nothing to do with the land it's in.

I couldn't believe they didn't do this along with the FLE expansion. A good amount of land there they could build a cool new futuristic tomorrowland attraction

I look like to see them to find a way to update the ride, either with a better layout with futuristic looking EVs or maybe design a ride that would mimic the races in the speed racer film.

lazyboy97o

The problem with drawbridges is that it significantly increases the number of persons required to operate the Liberty Belle, whose ridership numbers are pretty low to begin with. You'll never get to argue the logistics of the issue with management if you are pushing towards a 1:1 Cast Member to Guest operating ratio.

BlueLightningTN

I think all of this is extremely unlikely. The last time I heard anything about future expansion after the Fantasyland Expansion, it was a pad southwest of Adventureland, south of the pirates building that would be used. I highly doubt Disney would go to the extra construction process of dealing with Tom Sawyer Island and the Rivers of America - both would be nightmares to deal with in the way being discussed here. Additionally, two drawbridges would be a real pain, and there really isn't room to place a path between RoA and the HM building without revealing the structure.

The next expansion is most likely going in the Tomorrowland Speedway slot or southwest of Adventureland with a path traveling down between the pirates building and jungle cruise to get to it.

I was going to say before reading that last post that I'd rather see an Adventureland expansion before a Frontierland one. I also think it would be easier for them to design attractions that fit into Adventureland, it's a much broader theme than Frontierland or Liberty Square.

flavious27

I think all of this is extremely unlikely. The last time I heard anything about future expansion after the Fantasyland Expansion, it was a pad southwest of Adventureland, south of the pirates building that would be used. I highly doubt Disney would go to the extra construction process of dealing with Tom Sawyer Island and the Rivers of America - both would be nightmares to deal with in the way being discussed here. Additionally, two drawbridges would be a real pain, and there really isn't room to place a path between RoA and the HM building without revealing the structure.

The next expansion is most likely going in the Tomorrowland Speedway slot or southwest of Adventureland with a path traveling down between the pirates building and jungle cruise to get to it.

I think any more expansion at MK will be difficult, everything that we have discussed has its issues. The AL expansion plot will involve some extensive paths that would need to have to be themed enough to break up any kind of emptiness. For a FL expansion, transportation will be an issue because of having to pass over the inlet and getting past BTMR. The speedway being replaced will create the problem of having the design interfere with FLE.

Captain Chaos

I agree with progroupie. AL has gotten no pirate-unrelated love in a very long time. It'd be nice to see a good jungle-y attraction there.

Well, Tim Allen and Tom Hanks are signed for the Jungle Cruise movie... How innovative will Disney be when they become our new skippers, replacing the live CMs with recorded voices... YIPPEE!!!!!

**sarcasm people, SARCASM!!!! :lookaroun

MotherOfBirds

Bite your tongue, dxer :lol:

Frontierland has plenty going for it, so I can't imagine that they would expand it when other places both in MK and other parks need the attention. As far as AL goes, I really hope the redone Tiki Room will help bring it back to life. But I'm getting off topic.

NoChesterHester

Original Poster
After further reading here, the drawbridges would pose a nightmarish problem... So, won't happen... Next....

I know there is a ton of nostalgia for the riverboat, but I personally love the idea of it being docked and turned into a restaurant. Keep the steamwheel running and add some smoke effects and it still provides some movement.

PalisadesPkteer

Well, Tim Allen and Tom Hanks are signed for the Jungle Cruise movie... How innovative will Disney be when they become our new skippers, replacing the live CMs with recorded voices... YIPPEE!!!!!

**sarcasm people, SARCASM!!!! :lookaroun

Well, look what they did with the boat "skippers" at Living with the Land.

They got replaced with audio!

MotherOfBirds

I know there is a ton of nostalgia for the riverboat, but I personally love the idea of it being docked and turned into a restaurant. Keep the steamwheel running and add some smoke effects and it still provides some movement.

The only problem would be where to put the actual cooking facilities/utilities

Spike-in-Berlin

The last time I heard anything about future expansion after the Fantasyland Expansion, it was a pad southwest of Adventureland, south of the pirates building that would be used...

That sounds pretty much after Fire Mountain, at least behind PotC and accessed between PotC and JC is exactly where Fire Mountain was said to be planned.
Another possibility would be Indiana Jones Adventure like it is situated in DL although I believe DHS would be a better location for the ride in WDW.

Spike-in-Berlin

I was going to say before reading that last post that I'd rather see an Adventureland expansion before a Frontierland one. I also think it would be easier for them to design attractions that fit into Adventureland, it's a much broader theme than Frontierland or Liberty Square.

Exactly my opinion. Frontierland is considered by most fans the best functioning land at the moment. AL on the other side had no major addition since the mid-70ies! I think some BIG addition to AL would or should be the next major project in the MK.

Spike-in-Berlin

That's different. There is no interaction necessary between the setting of Living with the Land and the boats, at JC they are vital although those terrible changes (first no shooting at hippos, then no shooting at all, absolutely ridiculous) have robbed the skippers of a lot of what they originally had to do besides telling their corny jokes.

Captain Chaos

I'm in agreement.. Dock the Liberty Belle...

And, in my opinion, it is a shell of what it once was... While I still do enjoy Living With The Land, I much prefer a live skipper...

That's different. There is no interaction necessary between the setting of Living with the Land and the boats, at JC they are vital although those terrible changes (first no shooting at hippos, then no shooting at all, absolutely ridiculous) have robbed the skippers of a lot of what they originally had to do besides telling their corny jokes.

I have a DVD set and was watching it recently... The video of Living With the Land had a live skipper... And the skipper was energetic... She added jokes... and pointed out small tidbits that you wouldn't get with a pre-recorded voice... The ride has lost something for me since the skippers were removed and audio put in... I noticed the difference after watching the video... Living With The Land is not better with pre-recorded audio... Just: CHEAPER (TDO's favorite word...)

lazyboy97o

I have a DVD set and was watching it recently... The video of Living With the Land had a live skipper... And the skipper was energetic... She added jokes... and pointed out small tidbits that you wouldn't get with a pre-recorded voice... The ride has lost something for me since the skippers were removed and audio put in... I noticed the difference after watching the video... Living With The Land is not better with pre-recorded audio... Just: CHEAPER (TDO's favorite word...)
I think if one compares most of the live guides before the switch to the recorded audio track, the recording does win. Lives guides are not going to be compelling parts of the experiences when no thought or care is given to who is placed into that position.

Captain Chaos

I think if one compares most of the live guides before the switch to the recorded audio track, the recording does win. Lives guides are not going to be compelling parts of the experiences when no thought or care is given to who is placed into that position.

You think so??? I really feel like the ride lost something with the ride audio... I dunno... Just my opinion I guess...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom