TSI / Frontierland Addition

lazyboy97o

You think so??? I really feel like the ride lost something with the ride audio... I dunno... Just my opinion I guess...
I think you misunderstood. I would much prefer somebody with skill in delivering a live spiel over a recorded narration, but I think in plenty of cases the recorded narration would be superior to a person with no such skills. Cast Members are not assigned to live spiels based on their skill but on that attraction's need for bodies. I think that system of how roles are filled helped contribute to a lower quality guide, creating the rather widespread impression that the recorded narration is superior.

Slowjack

You think so??? I really feel like the ride lost something with the ride audio... I dunno... Just my opinion I guess...
When the cast members were reasonably into it, Living with the Land / Listen to the Land was better for their presence. But I do recall that towards the end it seemed like they had been reduced to live-action audio tracks. It's all a money issue, though. If they had larger staffs on the ride, boat op shifts would be shorter and they wouldn't get burned out so fast.

flavious27

I know there is a ton of nostalgia for the riverboat, but I personally love the idea of it being docked and turned into a restaurant. Keep the steamwheel running and add some smoke effects and it still provides some movement.

They already have this kind of unique dining experience, fulton crab house.

NoChesterHester

Original Poster
They already have this kind of unique dining experience, fulton crab house.

Not the same as being inside the boundaries of the magic kingdom. Also, I didn't get the feeling like I was eating on a riverboat there. It was nautical themed and looked like a nice seafood restaurant, but nothing sold it as a riverboat from the dining room.

Captain Chaos

I think you misunderstood. I would much prefer somebody with skill in delivering a live spiel over a recorded narration, but I think in plenty of cases the recorded narration would be superior to a person with no such skills. Cast Members are not assigned to live spiels based on their skill but on that attraction's need for bodies. I think that system of how roles are filled helped contribute to a lower quality guide, creating the rather widespread impression that the recorded narration is superior.

AHhh ok, gotcha... Yes, I misunderstood...I thought you said you preferred the audio tracks and it made the ride better... Now I understand what you truly meant...

flavious27

Not the same as being inside the boundaries of the magic kingdom. Also, I didn't get the feeling like I was eating on a riverboat there. It was nautical themed and looked like a nice seafood restaurant, but nothing sold it as a riverboat from the dining room.

Well it might have when it was The Empress Lilly

NoChesterHester

Original Poster
Well it might have when it was The Empress Lilly

I barely remember eating there when it was the Empress. I do remember the decor was upgraded when it changed over to Fulton's. I don't think many structural changes were made. I don't remember it being any more boat like then. Could be wrong.

flavious27

I barely remember eating there when it was the Empress. I do remember the decor was upgraded when it changed over to Fulton's. I don't think many structural changes were made. I don't remember it being any more boat like then. Could be wrong.

I never was on the empress though wasn't it divided into different restaurants and areas? I have a feeling that if they dock the liberty belle and make it a restaurant, it will either eventually be a CS or 3rd party vendor.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Lee mentioned in the "Lucasland" thread that plans for a Frontierland expansion or attraction were much further along in development then any Studios expansion.

At the request of Wizard I am creating a new thread for discussion on this topic.

Thoughts? Does this rumor have credence? What are people's thoughts regarding another potential expansion of the Magic Kingdom before the other parks needs are addressed?

I know nothing about this, but why can't disney go ahead and fix up a few things that actually need fixing?

A.K.A. Wonders of Life, Imagination, Stitch, Sounds Dangerous, Spaceship Earth, Narnia, must I go on? :brick:

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion :king:

Lee

Adventurer
To be precise, we are thinking about them turning the riverboat into a restaurant - big difference.
To be more precise...
We're thinking about it because they're thinking about it.
(Or they were at one point. Maybe still are. Maybe not. New info in this regard is a bit scarce.:shrug:)

Gregoryp73

To be more precise...
We're thinking about it because they're thinking about it.
(Or they were at one point. Maybe still are. Maybe not. New info in this regard is a bit scarce.:shrug:)

It really does make sense to do this...They desperately need at least one really good sit down eatery in each land. I could see them doing this even without or before a Frontierland expansion.

Denscott

To be precise, we are thinking about them turning the riverboat into a restaurant - big difference.

Personally, I think that would destroy the kinetic energy and theming found in Frontierland with Big Thunder, Splash and the riverboat...all of those things are weenies and bring attention to that area of the park. Plus, it's pretty cool to be on the boat and get a different look at the park and Tom Sawyer Island.

flavious27

It really does make sense to do this...They desperately need at least one really good sit down eatery in each land. I could see them doing this even without or before a Frontierland expansion.

If that is the goal, they have a handful of TS that need to be built.

muteki

I can't agree more. IMO we already have one docked-boat-turned-restaurant on property (that doesn't interest me in the slightest) so repeating that with the Liberty Belle is pretty pointless to me. I think FL/LS would loose quite a bit if the boat was docked, and there are better places/ideas for restaurants that don't involve removing something else.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Except it`ll be the final nail in the coffin for water traffic.

As would the proposed TSI expansion that came with it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom