TSI / Frontierland Addition

lazyboy97o

What exactly is the excuse? It is a fact, look at the kids and watch them, and their parents for that matter. If it is not 3d, have an app, or goes through inversions at 60 mph, people, kids included, want nothing to do with whatever it is they are supposed to be experiencing. It is not an excuse, it is reality.
Because I do not see that when there is something of substance presented.

EpcotFanForever

Pure speculation

Based on what I've heard here, this is my bit of inventive speculation. The new Expansion Land would take over the North part of TSI plus part of the waterway. The water loop and TSI would be reduced, and it's possible that there would be a "dinner cruise" of sorts on a Liberty Belle restaurant. The remaining waterway would be a "way out" all the way to Bay Lake. There would be a drawbridge (opened to let the Liberty Belle through) near the entrance to BTM, and a walkway along the queue to HM.

This is all imagination, but it keeps things close with plenty of access.

HrRxT.jpg

The Empress Lilly

- Demolishing Tom Sawyer Island and redeveloping it into a major attraction
- Filling in the back part of the Rivers of America for access to the attraction
- With the Riverboat now stationary, it would be converted into some kind of eatery.
No! No! No!

Please not, none of these three, especially bnot the last two! :zipit:

flavious27

I think TSI is a waste in this point in time. That land could be used for better purpose. When I was a kid I never wanted to go over there. Now that I have 2 kids of my own and asked them if they want to go over there, they tell me no because there are no rides. When it was originally created it was a perfect piece of americana. Now most kids don't care and the same could be said about the parents.

I look at TSI being a better themed playground set. Just because there are not rides there, does not mean it is not enjoyable. They can update TSI without changing the theme and not needing to add much. First off, they need to reopen Aunt Polly's Dockside Inn as a real restaurant.

UrbanDonovan

I think TSI is a waste in this point in time. That land could be used for better purpose. When I was a kid I never wanted to go over there. Now that I have 2 kids of my own and asked them if they want to go over there, they tell me no because there are no rides. When it was originally created it was a perfect piece of americana. Now most kids don't care and the same could be said about the parents.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I loved TSI as a kid and now my three little ones do as well. They'd spend the whole day on the island, if we let them.

Spike-in-Berlin

The greatest fun and most entertaining details on TSI are IMHO the caves! Injun Joes Cave and the Magnetic Mystery Mine. I love them. They are actually the only reason I visit TSI because the Fort is, sorry, boring, with absolutely nothing to do there after they even took away the airguns (which are only interesting for kids), perhaps again due to follow "political correctness" and they closed Aunt Pollys YEARS ago. But the caves are fun. That is something Disney could expand without too much effort. I loved to explore both caves although there is very few to see and they are not very long either.
That could be expanded to a network of tunnels and caves with some new elements, that provide thrill and fun.

devoy1701

I look at TSI being a better themed playground set. Just because there are not rides there, does not mean it is not enjoyable. They can update TSI without changing the theme and not needing to add much. First off, they need to reopen Aunt Polly's Dockside Inn as a real restaurant.

This is the truth. My fiance and I love to just sit and relax when we're at the MK because we've been there so many times being passholders. Many times we've escaped over to TSI, but if we get hungry we have to go back to the mainland. Reopen Aunt Polly's, even if it's just serving quick eateries like the Sleep Hollow Treats in Liberty Square, funnel cakes, floats, wafflecones, etc...that will keep me and probably a lot more people over there longer.

Also, I've heard that the Disneyland locals aren't too fond of the Pirate's Lair they received on their TSI (though I bet if they went to ours they would enjoy it). But my fiance and I loved it! We spend about 2 hours on TSI exploring the caves, activating the little interactive features and posing with some of the movie props they have set up. I kow it fits a little more thematically over there because PotC and New Orleans Square are right there, but I think a similar overlay, even if it's a cowboys and indians Frontierland overlay of some sort would be fantastic!

juniorthomas

i know it. That's what the second part of my post was talking about. I know it wasn't something they were probably worried about back in 1970 when they were constructing everything, but if they would have hugged the river coastline a little more with the HM building, that space between HM and iasw could have been used to access that expansion pad and would have had room to thematically hide those show buildings.

It'll be tough, but they'll figure it out. Maybe they make a bridge that will connect things. I don't know. I trust them though

juniorthomas

They need to expand the cave underneath the fort so it has more paths?

I love TSI. I really do. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to renovating/retheming it. Sadly (but accurately), most kids today aren't aware of Tom Sawyer (or worse, anything by Twain). You could increase the numbers of people heading to TSI by retheming it - maybe Princess and the Frog bayou like or something - and putting new life into it.

I love the charm of TSI, but I can understand why a lot of people dont.

juniorthomas

Based on what I've heard here, this is my bit of inventive speculation. The new Expansion Land would take over the North part of TSI plus part of the waterway. The water loop and TSI would be reduced, and it's possible that there would be a "dinner cruise" of sorts on a Liberty Belle restaurant. The remaining waterway would be a "way out" all the way to Bay Lake. There would be a drawbridge (opened to let the Liberty Belle through) near the entrance to BTM, and a walkway along the queue to HM.

This is all imagination, but it keeps things close with plenty of access.

HrRxT.jpg

Access is the name of the game. A one way in, one way out access point would be a disaster. Two way access, as you've provided, makes this considerably closer to reality.

Way to draw!

flavious27

The greatest fun and most entertaining details on TSI are IMHO the caves! Injun Joes Cave and the Magnetic Mystery Mine. I love them. They are actually the only reason I visit TSI because the Fort is, sorry, boring, with absolutely nothing to do there after they even took away the airguns (which are only interesting for kids), perhaps again due to follow "political correctness" and they closed Aunt Pollys YEARS ago. But the caves are fun. That is something Disney could expand without too much effort. I loved to explore both caves although there is very few to see and they are not very long either.
That could be expanded to a network of tunnels and caves with some new elements, that provide thrill and fun.

I say they can expand the caves and have them lead to a large cavern that is setup to be a performance area. There is alot that they could do with the idea of tom sawyer and caves.

The thing that needs the most work and focus is the fort, and wdi can get creative in so many ways. Why not have the rifles activate mini fountains in the river so it simulates bullets hitting the water?

This is the truth. My fiance and I love to just sit and relax when we're at the MK because we've been there so many times being passholders. Many times we've escaped over to TSI, but if we get hungry we have to go back to the mainland. Reopen Aunt Polly's, even if it's just serving quick eateries like the Sleep Hollow Treats in Liberty Square, funnel cakes, floats, wafflecones, etc...that will keep me and probably a lot more people over there longer.

Also, I've heard that the Disneyland locals aren't too fond of the Pirate's Lair they received on their TSI (though I bet if they went to ours they would enjoy it). But my fiance and I loved it! We spend about 2 hours on TSI exploring the caves, activating the little interactive features and posing with some of the movie props they have set up. I kow it fits a little more thematically over there because PotC and New Orleans Square are right there, but I think a similar overlay, even if it's a cowboys and indians Frontierland overlay of some sort would be fantastic!

I think aunt polly's should be a TS, it would make sense with the character. It would be charming to be waited on while having a table "riverside". I think that they should expand the seating if they do change to TS.

I love TSI. I really do. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to renovating/retheming it. Sadly (but accurately), most kids today aren't aware of Tom Sawyer (or worse, anything by Twain). You could increase the numbers of people heading to TSI by retheming it - maybe Princess and the Frog bayou like or something - and putting new life into it.

I think if they expand behind the hm showbuilding, they could build a bayou with a mama's shack.

Spike-in-Berlin

I think aunt polly's should be a TS, it would make sense with the character. It would be charming to be waited on while having a table "riverside". I think that they should expand the seating if they do change to TS.

I loves Aunt Pollys, it's a typical WDW-childhood memory and although I am German I know both books by Twain, Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn so I understood the details (the painted fence etc).
And I would love to see it reopen but there is neither the space nor the capacity for a TS-restaurant, especially not considerint the fact, that you are outdoors (there are no indoor-guestareas if I remember correctly). Perhaps it works as a CS.

jgz1

Interesting Map

Looking at the map, I have some questions:
1) What is B2 - Adventurers Club in Adventureland?
2) I haven't heard anything about the Main Street Expansion as shown by A4.
3) I haven't heard anything about Western River Rapids or Mesa Ver de dark rides in Frontierland

There seems to be a lot of room to expand if they are really willing to go across the train tracks.

devoy1701

3) I haven't heard anything about Western River Rapids or Mesa Ver de dark rides in Frontierland

There seems to be a lot of room to expand if they are really willing to go across the train tracks.

the map was drawn by a couple fans...not all of it is based on fact/rumors, so the points you brought above above are probably just fanboy dreams.

flavious27

I loves Aunt Pollys, it's a typical WDW-childhood memory and although I am German I know both books by Twain, Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn so I understood the details (the painted fence etc).
And I would love to see it reopen but there is neither the space nor the capacity for a TS-restaurant, especially not considerint the fact, that you are outdoors (there are no indoor-guestareas if I remember correctly). Perhaps it works as a CS.

Well the menu would be able to dictate how long it takes to turnover the tables, like a small menu that focuses on southern food.

flavious27

Well this map is something that I worked with another user, it has different improvements and expansion I would like to see in MK.

Part of it would have an AC inside JC's temple. An AC in AL would fit along with its future not being dictated by the profit margin of outside vendors.

The Main Street Expansion came up when discussing how MK CM will let guests walk backstage from TL. The area would be modeled upon a walt and wed concept for a chinatown in dl.

The last part of the map is an expansion of frontierland across the inlet into rivers of america. It would be based partly on wre but expands on what marc davis designed.

Slowjack

I don't think the theme is the problem, and that kind of thinking leads to Disney's favorite easy fix--shove some characters at the problem and call it a day. When I got my daughter to the island last trip, it was because I told her what she could do--in particular she wanted to walk on the bridges she had seen from the riverboat. Tom Sawyer wasn't an issue one way or the other, but the point is, if she hadn't been able to see what was over there she wouldn't have been game for it. She wanted to do the Treehouse because she could see that she could climb up it. She doesn't need to know about the Swiss Family to want to climb a tree--but once she got going, and I explained the basic idea as we walked, she thought it was a neat story.

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think the theme is holding the island back. If they decide to retheme it as part of a major renovation, I'm cool with that if it still fits the area (Princess and Frog would not, in my opinion). But my fear is that if they decide to retheme, they will expect the new theme to carry the weight and we'll get a cheap re-do.

Slowjack

The thing that needs the most work and focus is the fort, and wdi can get creative in so many ways. Why not have the rifles activate mini fountains in the river so it simulates bullets hitting the water?
I like that. Or--what if they also activate sounds and effects on the riverboat, which has guns on the inside rail where they could fire back? You could even have two different stories. On the boat, the captain could say--river pirates have taken over the old fort! Inside the fort, a voice could call out saying that bank robbers had escaped town by taking over the steamer.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I like that. Or--what if they also activate sounds and effects on the riverboat, which has guns on the inside rail where they could fire back? You could even have two different stories. On the boat, the captain could say--river pirates have taken over the old fort! Inside the fort, a voice could call out saying that bank robbers had escaped town by taking over the steamer.

Or instead of the current riverboat being the one used, bring back something similar to the Mike Fink Keel Boats but have them all "Next Gen" fitted to shoot back at the fort as well as "react" if the fort hits them.

That way you dont "ruin" the riverboat for people who enjoy the more peaceful boatride, you give the folks at the fort something to shoot at, and you have another small capacity "ride" to suck in crowds.

You could actually expand this by adding some next gen "props" in areas you can see from the fort and have it almost like a giant shooting arcade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom