Truly Haunted Haunted Mansion Photo

disneytati

nicholas said:
Wow, thanks for the stories! Had it been me, I woulda demanded I got reassigned to a new ride the second I heard any sign of this kid giggling. Fascinated by stories like this, but at the same time, they scare the livin bejesus out me.

Me too! I would never work at HM. I would be dead scared!!

Nice picture!! I think it's really difficult for a person to be looking back like that, and even if the person managed to turn back (considering the safety bar and everything) it would be a hell of a coincidence for you to catch it with your camera! And it definetely looks like a kid to me. Freeeeeaky!!! :eek:

Woody13

I always thought it was common knowledge that the Magic Kingdom was built over an ancient Indian (Seminole) burial ground.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Woody13 said:
I always thought it was common knowledge that the Magic Kingdom was built over an ancient Indian (Seminole) burial ground.
I've never heard that. Are you serious Woody? :confused:

I have visions of the movie Poltergeist and all of WDW sinking into an abyss!

Woody13

unkadug said:
I've never heard that. Are you serious Woody? :confused:

I have visions of the movie Poltergeist and all of WDW sinking into an abyss!
Back in April, 1969 was when construction first started on the Magic Kingdom. Back in those days, environmental and archeological disturbance laws were almost nonexistent. Bay Lake was a natural lake on property although it was full of weeds, algae and muck. The engineers dredged out the entire lake. Next to Bay Lake was a wetlands area, so they dumped all the dredge material in that area. They then decided to extend Bay Lake, so they dredged out that wetlands area and created Seven Seas Lagoon. They connected Bay Lake with Seven Seas Lagoon with a water bridge. But what did they do with the dredge from Seven Seas Lagoon?

They used that dredged material (7 million cubic yards of earth) to raise the Magic Kingdom site to about 14 feet higher in elevation. When that dredge material was put on site and being landscaped, numerous human skeletal remains were commonly found in the disturbed earth. Nowadays, all construction would be stopped and a complete archeological assessment would be done as required by law. However, back in 1969, no laws existed to protect ancient Indian burial grounds on private lands.

Now, some of the bones were removed from the Magic Kingdom site back in 1969 and "dumped" in the Kissimmee area. Frankly, some bulldozer operators got "freaked out" seeing large skeletal remains within the dredge material. To placate these workers, some crews were hired to come in and sift through the earth and collect up the remains. The remains were taken off property and dumped in the Kissimmee area. At least, those remains that they could find. They didn't sift through 7 million cubic yards of earth! Therefore, it is very obvious that most of the remains (probably 80%) are still located under the Magic Kingdom.

As a result of laws such as the Archeological Resources Protection Act (ARPA) passed by Congress in 1979, things started to change and other laws, both state and federal were enacted to protect and repatriate human remains, funerary objects, etc. to their culturally affiliated Indian tribes.

A "Ghost" Host

WOW. I wonder... I know theres a story that a young boy who loved the HM died, and his mtoher wanted to spread his ashes in there. Of course it was forbidden, but she did it anyway. Now, CMs and few guests claim to see a young boy crying near the exit. But I think thats a DisneyLAND story...maybe he decided to move?

MKCustodial

DisneyDellsDude said:
I'm glad that the Haunted Mansion is truly haunted. It makes more realistic!

I wonder if the Ghost Host counts him in among the 999 happy haunts.

RnRJoe6114 said:
Okay Zac according to your chart back a few pages it shows that you hope to have everything open as of today. Well.......whats going on with that?

Ummm... The man does have a life, you know? :lol:

dixiegirl

ok..now i can read all the post and look at all the pics..last nite i senthe first pic and well it was right before i went to bed...took me a very long time to fall asleep!! thast kinda spooky about magic kingdom onan indian burial ground....very much like polergist!!!! i'm bringing my nitelite when i go back to disney next month!!!!!

dixiegirl

don't know if this a conincodence (SP?) but last nite i could open the pic..this morning nothing i can't view any of the pics that anyone posted on this thread to be viewed...

LUV4Goofy

I don't know about all of you or whether or not you all believe in ghosts but no matter how you look at it, this is an eerie picture. I can take all of those silly thrasher movies (Friday the 13th, Halloween, etc) but anything that pertains to spirits, ghosts and demons (especially movies like The Exorcist, The Ring, The Grudge) and scary looking faces FREAK ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!! And this picture freaks me out totally---------it's looking right at me. I would have had to change my panties if I were the one seeing this for real.................

DisneyDellsDude

I just decided that I'm going to make The Ultimate list of WDW and Disneyland hauntings!!! Once I am done with it, I will show all of you ghost fanatics that are on here!! Then you can take a copy to WDW or Disneyland and go Ghost Hunting!!! Yea!! I know there are a few other ghost stories on here from other threads. I was wondering if I could use some of them in my list??

LUV4Goofy

Just wanted to all to know that I had a hard time falling asleep last night because I was was thinking about this eerie picture.:lookaroun :eek: Plus, "The Sixth Sense" was on ABC last night which made it hard to get that picture out of my mind :hammer: . I'm at work now, so excuse me, so I can take a nappie :snore: at my computer :lol: .

CoffeeJedi

i ran this pic by the folks over at the Fortean Times message boards, a LOT of "ghost pictures" get passed through those boards, the members are pretty good at identifying fakes, the general consensus was that it was a kid sticking his head out the side

PurpleDragon

Judging by the size of the child and his position, more than likely the lap bar was not enough to keep him from sitting up on his knees then turning around and sticking his head out of the side of the buggy to scare the people in the car behind him. If you claim you did not see him when you took the picture, it could be as simple as he jumped out quickly to say boo, then quickly sat back down, you more than likely caught him mid "jump".

The reason it appears as though he is looking directly at the camera are either A) The IR light created a reflection in his eyes which made it apear that his eyes were looking back at you, or B) He saw the little red power light on your camera as they rounded the corner and it caught his eye.

Either way its still a kid turned around in his seat when he wasn't supposed to be. Simple as that, there is no ghost and nothing haunted about this picture.

MKCustodial

Some people mentioned way back then that they'd try to recreate the picture as a way of proving that it's pretty difficult for a person, let alone a child, to lean out of the buggy like that on that particular spot of the track. I wonder if they ever did it.

Forgive me if one of the previous 258 posts on this thread made this point (I didn't read them all), but that kid/ghost looks suspiciously like Eddie Munster.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
PurpleDragon said:
Judging by the size of the child and his position, more than likely the lap bar was not enough to keep him from sitting up on his knees then turning around and sticking his head out of the side of the buggy to scare the people in the car behind him. If you claim you did not see him when you took the picture, it could be as simple as he jumped out quickly to say boo, then quickly sat back down, you more than likely caught him mid "jump".

The reason it appears as though he is looking directly at the camera are either A) The IR light created a reflection in his eyes which made it apear that his eyes were looking back at you, or B) He saw the little red power light on your camera as they rounded the corner and it caught his eye.

Either way its still a kid turned around in his seat when he wasn't supposed to be. Simple as that, there is no ghost and nothing haunted about this picture.
Yet, no one has proven anything by recreating the picture, even though several have said they'll do so. Interesting.

Your last sentence bothers me. People that make statements like that are in for a lot of surprises in their life. You may want to lose the "I know for a fact" attitude, escpecially when your sentence is FAR from a fact. That may not be a ghost, but you don't KNOW for a fact that it isn't. You know why? Because no one KNOWS for sure whether or not ghosts and spirits exist.....not even you. Dead people might know, but none of us are dead.........at least I don't KNOW if any of us are. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom