Truly Haunted Haunted Mansion Photo

disneytati

LUV4Goofy said:
I don't know about all of you or whether or not you all believe in ghosts but no matter how you look at it, this is an eerie picture. I can take all of those silly thrasher movies (Friday the 13th, Halloween, etc) but anything that pertains to spirits, ghosts and demons (especially movies like The Exorcist, The Ring, The Grudge) and scary looking faces FREAK ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!! And this picture freaks me out totally---------it's looking right at me. I would have had to change my panties if I were the one seeing this for real.................

Just like me!!! Whenever I ride the HM, I am always a bit scared that the ride may go 101 and I will have to walk out of it.. oh, my!! I would freak out!!! I guess someone would have to come and carry me out of the ride!!! :lol: I would just close my eyes and wouldn't move! And I really hope I don't see any little boys there.... :lol:

AimeeEvans

Hey Zac- (I am new to the board so I hope you don't mind if I call you by name- I'm still getting the "board etiquette" down) I LOVED the picture- how cool!!! And I believe it is "little boy wonder"- very eerie!! And this probably isn't the place to post it, but I live in Centralia, Il.

Aimee

TimeTrip

Main Street USA said:
Yet, no one has proven anything by recreating the picture, even though several have said they'll do so. Interesting.

Well .. after the whole hoopla over this thread.. a very long time ago.. i decided to see if i could get my head into that position going down that hallway. It was VERY easy, and I'm not a child. The lap bars on the HM are hardly what i would call restrictive.

TimeTrip

DisneyDellsDude said:
It would be very, very hard to have someone poke their head out like that on that part of the ride. If you look closely, the doombuggies are turning left. You could not get a kid to poke out like that on this part of the ride.

To me it looks like the person that took the photo was turning to the RIGHT and the person in the doom buggie in the photo is heading straight (look at the over head lights), which makes the possiblity of it simply being a person sticking their head out the side even more likely.

DisneyFreak529

clarkstallings said:
That is clearly a person leaning out of their doombuggy. Kids and adults alike have problems obeying the rules at WDW such as remaining in their doombuggies, etc etc.

I agree, it's a little kid with his head out looking back at the cars! Maybe who every took it edited it a little to make it look spooky that that is that. I have a photographer and I can tell you that that is a person.

It is fun to pretend that it is a ghost and it is creepy looking. A fake is a fake.

Still thanks for sharing the photo!!

Main Street USA

Original Poster
DisneyFreak529 said:
I agree, it's a little kid with his head out looking back at the cars! Maybe who every took it edited it a little to make it look spooky that that is that. I have a photographer and I can tell you that that is a person.

It is fun to pretend that it is a ghost and it is creepy looking. A fake is a fake.

Still thanks for sharing the photo!!
You can say it isn't a ghost all you want, because it probably isn't, but don't talk about fakes. By saying I faked it, you're spewing forth slanderous comments about a person you don't even know, and also about a subject you clearly don't know much about (altering photos). I took the photo, and it's 100% unaltered, not even cropped. If you think I've altered it, you know nothing about photography or Photoshop. Experts can see that it hasn't been played with.

A "Ghost" Host

Main Street USA said:
You can say it isn't a ghost all you want, because it probably isn't, but don't talk about fakes. By saying I faked it, you're spewing forth slanderous comments about a person you don't even know, and also about a subject you clearly don't know much about (altering photos). I took the photo, and it's 100% unaltered, not even cropped. If you think I've altered it, you know nothing about photography or Photoshop. Experts can see that it hasn't been played with.
I've got to agree with that, It sounds like he doesn't have enough time on his hands to go making fake photos. Don't get me wrong, it very well might be a kid poking his head out, but no one knows. So lets not start pointing fingers

jedimaster1227

Main Street USA said:
Here's some details of the camera:

I had to use my Sony TRV330 Video camera because it's all I have with nightshot, and it allowed for the attachment for the extended and strengthened nightshot. This camera does not have megapixel capability.

Memory Stick is a newer Lexar 128 mb.

Nightshot and nightshot accessory were turned up to the max, which could explain the brightness of the face. From what I can tell the nightshot with the attachment is capable of about 50 feet truly, rather than 100 as stated. I would guess, by looking at the pic, that that particular doombuggy is about 15 - 20 feet away.

I certainly wish now that I had a nightshot capable of taking a shot of at least a couple megapixels, but this camera model is 3 or 4 years old when they were first coming out with megapixels for camcorders.

I have that camera- Its great but the nightshot isnt strong enough, it only picks up a small portion of detail, trust me, I have used it in three of my movies, Its safer to say that the kid was so small or the ride was so crowded that you didn't see him load on with you.

SGT623

The picture just looks to me like a woman that is looking at the rest of her party in the doombuggy right behind hers. Nice timing of the picture though.

Dean Stevens

Account Suspended
SGT623 said:
The picture just looks to me like a woman that is looking at the rest of her party in the doombuggy right behind hers. Nice timing of the picture though.

exactly... i don't see how this picture has gotten such a huge uproar of responses...

I also get excited at the thought of hauntings, but this is CLEARLY... and OBVIOUS its a person leaning over, dont tell me you cant, you can... i've done it, never taken a picture but i've done it

i showed my mom, my gf, my sister, and 7 of my friends and they all were like "what are you showing me" or like "who's that kid... is that you???"

nothing has ever in my life been more blantantly obvious to be not a ghost...

c'mon now, you can see the doombuggies and you can CLEARLY see where the doombuggie is in correspondence to the kids (or womans, whatever) head... his head is cutoff directly by a vertical black line... (a doomgbuggie)

PurpleDragon

Main Street USA said:
Yet, no one has proven anything by recreating the picture, even though several have said they'll do so. Interesting.

Your last sentence bothers me. People that make statements like that are in for a lot of surprises in their life. You may want to lose the "I know for a fact" attitude, escpecially when your sentence is FAR from a fact. That may not be a ghost, but you don't KNOW for a fact that it isn't. You know why? Because no one KNOWS for sure whether or not ghosts and spirits exist.....not even you. Dead people might know, but none of us are dead.........at least I don't KNOW if any of us are. ;)

Well my whole point is this scene could eaisly be reproduced if someone were to take the time to set it up. This is because the kid is sticking his head out of the side of a doombuggie ahead of you. Now I could see if the kid was floating out to the side or up above the doombuggie, then I would have no problem with people screaming "GHOST!!":p But given the setup and the circumstances, in my mind this picture can easily be explained away.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I'm a huge skeptic when it comes to this kind of stuff. Like someone else said, I'm one of those, "won't believe it till I see it myself" type of people. :brick: I meant nothing rude by my post, just stating that it can be easily explained away by skeptics. Sorry if it seemed a bit harsh. :wave:

MKCustodial

Dean Stevens said:
exactly... i don't see how this picture has gotten such a huge uproar of responses...

And also, Dean, you seem so certain of everything that it seems like you just saw the picture instead of reading Zac's whole story first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom