• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

lazyboy97o

Advertisement
I know. It's the 2 years that's annoying. I can watch Cedar Fair or Busch or Sea World throw up a coaster in a box in 6 months - 1 year. That's why Disney is annoying with their 2-4 year time frame.
This isn’t just a coaster. It’s also a very large box with everything else that goes into a building plus stuff like show controls systems and show lighting. It also has a very complicated canopy out front.

DCLcruiser

Only a section of it. The rest is in an enclosed building.

EDIT: I'm not sure the canopy is inflated? (It may just look that way.)
It has a show building because some parts of the coaster are indoors.
Thank you both. I just used Google Maps to look at the Shanghai version and I see the building. Pictures online made it look like the entire ride was just under a canopy.

Movielover

I know. It's the 2 years that's annoying. I can watch Cedar Fair or Busch or Sea World throw up a coaster in a box in 6 months - 1 year. That's why Disney is annoying with their 2-4 year time frame.
Yeah I've worked at a Cedar Fair park before, you can't really call what they put their indoor coasters in as a "building"... More of a fully enclosed shed to be honest. Whats going in Disney's buildings are much more complicated...

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, August 8, 2019. At the redesigned railroad embankment, the retaining walls have been painted and large items of landscaping are being installed. This work began as part of the enlargement of the retention pond when the Tron roller coaster was started. I don't think there is another place to post this, and I have posted progress on this area in this thread before.
The railroad track is along the orange fencing near the tree line.

IMG_1657.JPG

Last edited:

azox

Photo update as of Thursday, August 8, 2019. At the redesigned railroad embankment, the retaining walls have been painted and large items of landscaping are being installed. This work began as part of the enlargement of the retention pond when the Tron roller coaster was started. I don't think there is another place to post this, and I have posted progress on this area in this thread before.

View attachment 396816
Thanks for posting this I was wondering how this was progressing. I keep wondering if they are going to put some sort of welcome to the magic kingdom sign in here. It almost seems like too much work just to have a retaining wall.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member

View attachment 396816
Are the dinosaur dioramas going to be peeking around those trees?

larryz

Can't 'Member Anything
Premium Member

View attachment 396816
What retaining walls? ;)

gerarar

It's crazy as to where time went...soon our views of the track will be obstructed soon by the impending (unthemed) showbuilding!!
Really hope they somehow wrap the canopy completely around, ugh. Also rip big tree, hopefully they plant some new ones later on.

Bottom: October 2018 (ResortTV1)
Top: August 9, 2019 (MickeyViews)

Top Bottom