News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Kman101

I get the appeal it has to people of all ages, but the track is lackluster, I don't think anyone can really deny that (not to mention it's pretty much over before it starts lol ... maybe a bit hyperbolic but close to the truth).

I imagine even just a Christmas overlay (likely left over Obsorne displays and lighted trees) will make it 100x better ... I'm not advocating Disneyland remove Autopia but Tomorrowland Speedway is not what it could/should be and it's on a nice piece of land ...

And that's not even mentioning the exhaust fumes ...

The Pho

Hated Speedway when I was a kid. Steering was impossible.
The last time I rode it a couple years ago, the steering column on my car got detached entirely and there was nothing I could do but slam back and forth the entire ride. The mid ride watcher started to lecture me when I had to explain this to him.

Even after that though, the pedal is the worst part.

Monorail_Red_77

The last time I rode it a couple years ago, the steering column on my car got detached entirely and there was nothing I could do but slam back and forth the entire ride. The mid ride watcher started to lecture me when I had to explain this to him.

Even after that though, the pedal is the worst part.
A few years back I actually saw a woman coming back to unload on the Speedway and the car jumped the track rail. Took several CM’s to get it back on the track. I always worry about that when riding with the kids and the car is banging back and forth on the rail while out on the track. LOL

tribbleorlfl

A few years back I actually saw a woman coming back to unload on the Speedway and the car jumped the track rail. Took several CM’s to get it back on the track. I always worry about that when riding with the kids and the car is banging back and forth on the rail while out on the track. LOL
I still remember going on one time with my son when he was younger and right after the first turn coming from the starting line, there was actually a gap in the track in front of us! It was right around the garage area, so I'm assuming they must have added (or taken off) a car but forgot to raise the track back up.

Suffice it to say, I had a heck of a time trying to keep the steering wheel straight while he was doing his best to make it a true go kart experience!

Rich Brownn

I still remember going on one time with my son when he was younger and right after the first turn coming from the starting line, there was actually a gap in the track in front of us! It was right around the garage area, so I'm assuming they must have added (or taken off) a car but forgot to raise the track back up.

Suffice it to say, I had a heck of a time trying to keep the steering wheel straight while he was doing his best to make it a true go kart experience!
Ugh, I remember having to lift those cars to put them back on the track - usually by myself... Worst job ever

tribbleorlfl

Ugh, I remember having to lift those cars to put them back on the track - usually by myself... Worst job ever
I believe that. They probably weigh a good 100#, right? Is the gap in the track a newer thing and installed to avoid the manual strain you described? This was maybe 7 or 8 years ago.

Touchdown

Technically, due to the roller coaster hill drop on Splash you could make the argument that is a coaster as well. I don’t but you could...

Touchdown

And since the Liberty Belle is on a track I’d bet it’s also a rollercoaster.
To be a roller coaster you must:
1. Move on a track
2. Have at least one portion that is controlled solely by gravity for a downward and upward portion.

The liberty bell is powered throughout therefore not a coaster.

Top Bottom