News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

lazyboy97o

What does that have to do with anything?
The drawings for TRON could easily number in the hundreds of sheets, if not actually exceeding 1,000 sheets. The specifications would be equally as long if not longer. How long it would take you just to read that much information should tell you the minimum scope of work involved. A lot of the construction until a few months ago overlapped with the work of creating the new drawings and specifications. There should be some basis to saying the work is too slow, so an easy base would be how long would it take you to just read the documents, much less update them based on thousands of pages of regulations.

DisneyRoy

The drawings for TRON could easily number in the hundreds of sheets, if not actually exceeding 1,000 sheets. The specifications would be equally as long if not longer. How long it would take you just to read that much information should tell you the minimum scope of work involved. A lot of the construction until a few months ago overlapped with the work of creating the new drawings and specifications. There should be some basis to saying the work is too slow, so an easy base would be how long would it take you to just read the documents, much less update them based on thousands of pages of regulations.

I understand that. I also bet the companies building this are fully aware of the complications of building where they are. They probably understand 500 pages of those documents without even needing to read them. My point stands though...it's a coaster in a box. And it annoys me. Just my opinion. Not fact. I know Disney isn't changing their building process any time soon.

lazyboy97o

I understand that. I also bet the companies building this are fully aware of the complications of building where they are. They probably understand 500 pages of those documents without even needing to read them. My point stands though...it's a coaster in a box. And it annoys me. Just my opinion. Not fact. I know Disney isn't changing their building process any time soon.
The architects and engineers have to read them in order to redraw and rewrite them as required by law. You and many other say you are annoyed but provide no actual basis for that annoyance. The major construction that actually encompasses the coaster and its box is around 2 years, not the 3 or 4 that encompasses the entire project and the claims of taking too long.

DisneyRoy

The architects and engineers have to read them in order to redraw and rewrite them as required by law. You and many other say you are annoyed but provide no actual basis for that annoyance. The major construction that actually encompasses the coaster and its box is around 2 years, not the 3 or 4 that encompasses the entire project and the claims of taking too long.

I know. It's the 2 years that's annoying. I can watch Cedar Fair or Busch or Sea World throw up a coaster in a box in 6 months - 1 year. That's why Disney is annoying with their 2-4 year time frame.

lazyboy97o

I know. It's the 2 years that's annoying. I can watch Cedar Fair or Busch or Sea World throw up a coaster in a box in 6 months - 1 year. That's why Disney is annoying with their 2-4 year time frame.
This isn’t just a coaster. It’s also a very large box with everything else that goes into a building plus stuff like show controls systems and show lighting. It also has a very complicated canopy out front.

DCLcruiser

Only a section of it. The rest is in an enclosed building.

EDIT: I'm not sure the canopy is inflated? (It may just look that way.)

It has a show building because some parts of the coaster are indoors.
Thank you both. I just used Google Maps to look at the Shanghai version and I see the building. Pictures online made it look like the entire ride was just under a canopy.

Movielover

Yeah I've worked at a Cedar Fair park before, you can't really call what they put their indoor coasters in as a "building"... More of a fully enclosed shed to be honest. Whats going in Disney's buildings are much more complicated...

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, August 8, 2019. At the redesigned railroad embankment, the retaining walls have been painted and large items of landscaping are being installed. This work began as part of the enlargement of the retention pond when the Tron roller coaster was started. I don't think there is another place to post this, and I have posted progress on this area in this thread before.
The railroad track is along the orange fencing near the tree line.

IMG_1657.JPG

Last edited:

azox

Photo update as of Thursday, August 8, 2019. At the redesigned railroad embankment, the retaining walls have been painted and large items of landscaping are being installed. This work began as part of the enlargement of the retention pond when the Tron roller coaster was started. I don't think there is another place to post this, and I have posted progress on this area in this thread before.

View attachment 396816
Thanks for posting this I was wondering how this was progressing. I keep wondering if they are going to put some sort of welcome to the magic kingdom sign in here. It almost seems like too much work just to have a retaining wall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom