Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

celluloid

From my visit I don’t think Paris needs the Stuntronic Spider-Man. That part of the Campus between Pyms and Web Slingers is very narrow and you really wouldn’t get much of a good view of it was there. I can only imagine it’s much wider in California.

It would also cost a lot of money for something that was not really that great of a ROI and Paris gets very cold for bouts of time.

LondonTom

From my visit I don’t think Paris needs the Stuntronic Spider-Man. That part of the Campus between Pyms and Web Slingers is very narrow and you really wouldn’t get much of a good view of it was there. I can only imagine it’s much wider in California.
California is fairly narroow too and it mostly works, its not any different to the other roof top shows. Though I do wonder at Paris if you would get more of a crowd gathering. Its quite cool to see in person and its a shame its missing.

Only awkward thing is that, its next to an entrance/exit to the land.

1675657506680.jpeg

DaDo

Hi everyone!

I couldn‘t find any news or talks about Nautilus. It‘s already closed for a long time.

Is there any rumors about if there are major changes due to the big investment, what Disney allocated to Paris?

yensidtlaw1969

Same here but nothing more. Maybe a better squid. Maybe no squid !
Would LOVE to see the squid improved - for as cool as I still think it is, it moved like MAGIC back in the early days of the walkthrough. Restoring that level of motion (or, dare I dream . . . improving even further??) is what the figure and the attraction deserve.

For all the attention the Dragon gets from guests at DLP, I wish that same energy was held for the Squid. An improved version of the show might be what it needs to draw more people down into the sub.

I'd raise hell if the squid was removed.

yensidtlaw1969

Imagine a 20,000 Leagues ride where the DLP walkthrough is the queue and then you board the TDS ride from the Nautilus.

Imagine if that had replaced the WDW ride instead of what we have now...
Stooooooop, my heart can't take it . . .

I'm still gunning for a TDS 20K Sub-style ride for Pandora at Animal Kingdom based on The Way of Water . . . but obviously I would prefer YOUR idea!

SplashJacket

Honestly, I was severely disappointed by TDS 20,000, but I haven’t talked to many people about it, so I would be curious to hear what other people like about it

yensidtlaw1969

Apparently so. Roughly around when TDS was being designed.
Oh goodness - I thought you meant it was being bandied around again in recent times. I'd love to think Disney might consider building something like that again these days, but it does seem so unlikely.

Honestly, I was severely disappointed by TDS 20,000, but I haven’t talked to many people about it, so I would be curious to hear what other people like about it
Having not actually ridden in person, I think the appeal for me comes from the combination of the IP, the ride system, the unique dry-for-wet approach, and out of my general love for charming little C-Ticket Dark Rides and undersea environments.

I have heard other people say they came away from it disappointed, so I'm not so shocked to hear you say that, though I wonder if it's one of those Na'vi River Journey situations where the expectations for the property and the wait time combine to raise hopes beyond what the ride was ever designed to exceed.

From videos online it does seem like the ride is good for what it is, it just doesn't aim to be a WDW 20K E-Ticket situation. Which, admittedly, I think we deserve from 20,000 Leagues.

Animaniac93-98

Having not actually ridden in person, I think the appeal for me comes from the combination of the IP, the ride system, the unique dry-for-wet approach, and out of my general love for charming little C-Ticket Dark Rides and undersea environments.

It's better in person, if a little awkward to get in and out of the ride vehicles if you're a taller person and sit on those little benches.

The ride has great replay value. The scenery is detailed enough that if you're sitting in front of one porthole you don't see everything, so you have to come back and sit somewhere else. The little joystick-controlled flashlight also lets you look for more hidden details.

At 5 minutes or so, it doesn't feel too short. It's about the same as the old WDW ride indoor portion and hits a number of the same beats (squid, lost city, shipwrecks, bioluminescent deep waters etc).

If you ride by yourself it's actually somewhat creepy. It's a very literal dark ride and there's something inherently unnerving about being in a claustrophobic little pod at the bottom of the ocean, but that's part of the adventure. The dry for wet is very convincing too.

All narration is in Japanese, but it's not hard to understand what's going on, especially if you're familiar with the two former American Submarine Voyages.

I love it. I'd put it #1 or #2 at DisneySea, behind maybe Sindbad. I'm biased, but it makes me so happy every time I ride it. My last two trips I never saw very long lines for it compared to other DisneySea rides. Maybe 45 minutes at most. Usually quieter towards the beginning or end of the day like most rides. Obviously, it depends upon when you go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom