Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

mrflo

The small Tangled pond could actually be for the ride foundation of the "teacups" ride itself.

Despite the visible progress, I think the Frozen area will take at least another two years until completion aiming for an opening in 2025. Will be interesting to see whether they will open the Tangled ride, English garden and new TSL entry in advance (2024) or wait for everything to open at once.

J4546

I still wished they would have used the giant mountain for something more then just eye candy, it's a large area for just 1 ride.
They could have used Kristoff's sled as a frozen themed matterhorn style rollercoaster
I agree that they should Def have 2 rides minimum in any land around that lake. I think if they put in the cancelled sliding sleighs ride from HK on the lake front that would look great, especially if it was made to look like it was on top a huge sheet of frozen ice going out onto the lake

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Any idea of what lighting will be upgraded? The stars perhaps? Based on POVs, it should be the projectors and the SOBATs (since you can barely see and hear Iron Man and Captain Marvel)...
Pass. I’m just glad the initial criticism didn’t fall on deaf ears. I’ll be riding it soon myself so may see what the fuss is about.

mrflo

I am glad they are addressing it and will make some upgrades. Though I remain sceptical what can be actually achieved with some additional lighting.

What surprises me is how this has happened in the first place. If rumours are true, the US execs were not impressed by FF when riding it the first time during the press events. Is the Disneyland Paris Imagineering team building the expansion without final approval by the mothership in Glendale? With all the VR technology WDI is usually using, it should have been pretty clear to everyone involved what the ride experience would be. Or did they think that it would be just enough to please DLP guests who - they thought - would be happy about any new addition?

Kevin_W

I am glad they are addressing it and will make some upgrades. Though I remain sceptical what can be actually achieved with some additional lighting.
It seems like it needs more "darkening" rather than lighting, to me. Much like hyperspace mountain, the black levels on the screen projections are much too high so they just look like screens instead of being immersive. The effects where the lights whoosh along side the track with you are nice.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

What surprises me is how this has happened in the first place. If rumours are true, the US execs were not impressed by FF when riding it the first time during the press events. Is the Disneyland Paris Imagineering team building the expansion without final approval by the mothership in Glendale? With all the VR technology WDI is usually using, it should have been pretty clear to everyone involved what the ride experience would be. Or did they think that it would be just enough to please DLP guests who - they thought - would be happy about any new addition?
Burbank approved Harmonious so does make you wonder if they thought they could do no wrong.

cjkeating

Glendale cut the budget so DLP did what they could and what we got was the result.

Around the time of opening I posted to say I thought it made logical sense for the budget to be focused on everything prior to the coaster as if needs be it could be plussed quickly and easily and... low and behold this is what is happening.

No idea what the additions are but what I class as 'lighting effects' with the launch and the green lasers are good and more of that to fill the dark portions between screens and when entering the return tunnel would really help. I honestly thought the ride was better than RNRC and the audio/story/screens really helped the pacing of the second half of the ride.

LondonTom

They just return the lights they removed for RnRC 😂

I haven't actually riden it yet but knock it down, and give us Cosmic Rewind (but with Iron Man and Captain Marvel) 👀

mrflo

Glendale cut the budget so DLP did what they could and what we got was the result.

Around the time of opening I posted to say I thought it made logical sense for the budget to be focused on everything prior to the coaster as if needs be it could be plussed quickly and easily and... low and behold this is what is happening.

No idea what the additions are but what I class as 'lighting effects' with the launch and the green lasers are good and more of that to fill the dark portions between screens and when entering the return tunnel would really help. I honestly thought the ride was better than RNRC and the audio/story/screens really helped the pacing of the second half of the ride.
From an overall scope I am sure the team did what they could do with the given budget. That's probably how the Stunttronic got cut from the Paris Campus and how they could not completely redo the rollercoaster or add major new set pieces within the actual ride building. But if they can now add quick fixes to the show lighting after complaints, this should not have cost them that much more in the first place.

This just seems like a "this will be sufficient" attitude and lack of creative ambition to me rather than a pure budget issue.

Indy_UK

From my visit I don’t think Paris needs the Stuntronic Spider-Man. That part of the Campus between Pyms and Web Slingers is very narrow and you really wouldn’t get much of a good view of it was there. I can only imagine it’s much wider in California.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom