Toy Story Playland

disneygeek90

A small point of clarification, but this ride pictured is Luigi's Flying Tires, which is going away after the holiday season to be replaced with a new flat ride.
Slightly off topic but it's good to hear Flying Tires is being replaced. A cute idea and Luigi's shop looks fantastic, but the ride simply does not work as nicely as it was probably intended.

mikenatcity1

A small point of clarification, but this ride pictured is Luigi's Flying Tires, which is going away after the holiday season to be replaced with a new flat ride.

The rumored "Woody's Roundup" is a reworked version of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree:
P6103136.jpg

Not going to lie...when I went to Carsland, I kinda loved this attraction! I would be really happy to have this in WDW!

disneydudette

Does anyone else think it's odd... that IF a Cars attraction/space was coming to DHS... and assuming that it would be placed in a 'themed' land: Cars, Pixar, etc... why they would then re-theme Maters attraction to Toy Story?

There's been no talks of a 'Pixar blended' space... so how would any type of Cars attraction be incorporated? A complete new 'land'? They just lost 1 of 3 attractions... and the most popular is rumored to be a 'Different attraction. Different ride system.' At this point... it seems almost random and 'out of place.'

Is it possible that TSPL may be a 'bigger project' than we're anticipating? More design elements and substance? Creating a space similar in theme and quality to Carsland and It's a Bug's Life?

If they're brining over Mater's... couldn't they also 'bring' a RR similar-ish attraction themed to RC from Toy Story?

While I'm probably giving WDI way too much credit... it strikes me as odd that after seeing the end result of NFL (in regards to design and theme) and concept art for Avatar... that they would suddenly 'flake out' with a TSPL-like space.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Personally, I think that they should use a good 70-80% of the 1.2-1.7 billion dollar budget to make ultra realistic, hyper-themed rides targeted at families with smaller children. This would be the wisest investment of money. Why create simple-yet-fun rides who's design and development work is already completed to help flesh out the family demographic when you could create mind-blowing ultra expensive attractions for the same demographic. I say blow the whole budget here in Toy Story Playland and skip out on all the other stuff.

BrerJon

Personally, I think that they should use a good 70-80% of the 1.2-1.7 billion dollar budget to make ultra realistic, hyper-themed rides targeted at families with smaller children. This would be the wisest investment of money. Why create simple-yet-fun rides who's design and development work is already completed to help flesh out the family demographic when you could create mind-blowing ultra expensive attractions for the same demographic. I say blow the whole budget here in Toy Story Playland and skip out on all the other stuff.

If they did nothing else but build 'Monsters Inc Ride and Go Seek', that alone would keep a lot of people happy, catering to all ages and being a high quality high capacity dark ride.

doctornick

Does anyone else think it's odd... that IF a Cars attraction/space was coming to DHS... and assuming that it would be placed in a 'themed' land: Cars, Pixar, etc... why they would then re-theme Maters attraction to Toy Story?

Yes. Mater's is an excellent flat ride. I would welcome the ride -- in some form -- at DHS. But my impression is that there are plans for some version of Cars Land to come to DHS in the future, probably not in the same scope as DCA but something similar. If they are building some version of Cars Land in Florida, why wouldn't they include Mater's in that and use other rides for a TSPL?

I guess if they do a version of Cars Land, they might use the planned modified Luigi's ride + the rumored dark ride (as a replacement for RSR), but not have Mater's, Luigi's and the dark ride? You could probably fit all that in the space used by LMA + Catastrophe Canyon and leave the bulk of the Backlot Tour footprint for other Pixar properties.

cheezbat

The spinner needs to just disappear. Wouldn't fit dhs. But the laugh floor would be perfect for DHS.
I wasn't suggesting moving the spinner to DHS in its current form. i guess i shouldve been more clear. i figured the ride could be rethemed and used in this expansion. Disney loves their spinners, so why not take the unnecessary one out of MK and place it in a park that could use it!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
If they did nothing else but build 'Monsters Inc Ride and Go Seek', that alone would keep a lot of people happy, catering to all ages and being a high quality high capacity dark ride.
I'm not very familiar with the ride itself. What's the capacity on that attraction? I see 3 people per car and a ride-time of 4 minutes. Not sure the throughput.

BrerJon

I'm not very familiar with the ride itself. What's the capacity on that attraction? I see 3 people per car and a ride-time of 4 minutes. Not sure the throughput.

It's probably about the same as Toy Story Mania, maybe a little higher - certainly it would have a much higher capacity than all three Toy Story Playland rides added together.

doctornick

There really should be a family friendly dark ride as part of any Pixar Place expansion. I'm not opposed to having some version of TSPL flat rides as the first step (especially if they are added quickly to increase capacity in a park that needs it) but I'd like to see something like one of the Monsters Inc ride (preferably Ride N Seek) or Ratatouille or a new ride for this area. Plus Cars additions later, which seem inevitable.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
It's probably about the same as Toy Story Mania, maybe a little higher - certainly it would have a much higher capacity than all three Toy Story Playland rides added together.
According to the interwebz, TSMM and dumbo have about the same hourly capacity.
Edit: I've seen TSMM capacity mentioned between 900-1000 people per hour.
Mater's Junkyard sits around 600 per hour.
So, 3 rides of Mater capacity are almost (or exactly) double that of 1 TSMM capacity ride.

Last edited:

Fox&Hound

We don't even know with any certainty that they are retheming Mater's to Toy Story, do we? It's just a rumor at this point like everything else...

I'd be surprised if this entire space became dedicated to Toy Story when they have so many bankable franchises to incorporate: Cars (and with its merchandising there is no way it's not coming, seriously), Up, Incredibles, Nemo,Monster's Inc, etc.

But, time will tell =)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom