Toy Story Playland

IowaHawks7

Original Poster
I know that this has been mentioned in the main thread about the changes coming to Hollywood studios and even been rumored but today there was a quick blurb in the new Miceage update that said
"While the parks in both Shanghai and Tokyo are slated to get their own version of the ride, another clone of Mater’s will also show up in Orlando. A copy of the ride, re-themed to Woody from Toy Story, will be one of three small rides being added to a new Toy Story Playland area, to be built where much of the shuttered Backlot Tram Tour currently is at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The plans to directly clone Cars Land for WDW may have died at the hands of Orlando’s accountants, but at least one of the three Cars Land rides will make the trip to Florida, albeit with a different character and theme." Just more fuel to the fire of the Toy Story Playland coming to DHS?

Kman101

I doubt we're getting JUST Toy Story Playland. And again, at least they're not cloning it exactly, although to be fair we really still don't have any official confirmed ride information.

AndyS2992

Not gonna lie, I love Toy Story Playland at Disneyland Paris, as cheap as it is and would welcome it to DHS as long as it also have something unique like the rethemed Mater ride. Very happy with this news if true.

tspl_conceptart.jpg

Last edited:

jdmdisney99

I think it's great DHS will be getting rides like that. Some similar attractions have become classics (Dumbo, Tea Party, Astro Orbiter, Carousel, etc.), and they are needed to round out the park. I just hope there is something more. The wide range of Pixar content deserves much more than a couple of small flat rides.

rct247

I completely agree that the actual rides from Toy Story Playland would be welcome. I'm not sure about the theme. Can we get more Pixar properties involved to make it more of a Pixar Playland? I really am most concerned about capacity. Some of these attractions are not exactly people eaters. Hopefully additional high capacity family attractions can join the roster to help spread those crowds out. Can you imagine waiting 50 minutes for these flats? At the current DHS and with it being a new land, I can see it happening.

Mouse_Trap

Surely nobody can get excited about 3 cloned travelling carnival class rides?

This really should not be coming to the studios....the rides are a cheap Chester and Hester style fill out lifted straight from the worlds worst Disney park.
If this is what the mean to a overhaul of the studios, I fell they should hardly bother.

AndyS2992

This really should not be coming to the studios....the rides are a cheap Chester and Hester style fill out lifted straight from the worlds worst Disney park.
If this is what the mean to a overhaul of the studios, I fell they should hardly bother.
I thought this way too when they were announced for WDS but as cheap and generic as they may seem, they are very well themed and are fun rides and isn't that what matters? So don't bash until you try them. DHS needs these types of family friendly rides.

Last edited:

JustInTime

Exactly. Not to mention MORE Toy Story?! WHY?!?! There are SO many new franchises they could use...

Siren

I just hope it looks cute like the one in Hong Kong.

dlt4xu.jpg

29fzeis.jpg

1z1qpm9.jpg

mif8k0.jpg

dlt4xu.jpg

ETA:

While this may be nothing to stand up and shout about, I echo the sentiment that DHS is in dire need of more family attractions.

I would have preferred a general Pixar theme of this and that. But, Toy Story Land can be cute with some effort and it should be relatively cheap.

Technically, this can be done by next fall or late summer. But, this is Disney so I am hoping for summer of 2016. It will be a shame for this to open *after* Avatarland -- it that happens, then it will be 2020 before we see anything remotely E ticket or Star Wars at DHS.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom