Toy Story Playland

Donald Razorduck

So much negativity. This really isn't a big deal. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is a fun ride so I have no complaints about seeing its ride system cloned. This land will help alleviate some of the criticism that there isn't enough for kids to do at the park..

Yeah, I don't get it either. This is just adding to the Toy Story Mania area to make it more complete. Sure it will have more eateries and stuff as well. When are some convinced this is the extent of the whole Pixar expansion. I'm sure, if they are really doing a Pixar area, there will be a coaster. Some of ya'll need to check out Mack's new coaster at Europa and then imagine that to a Pixar movie. It has a couple of small rides enclosed in the queue area. As for the carnival rides, so what, theme them up and have fun.

Here's an example, let's take a typical tea cup ride like this
10659105_865950763417526_4672314595067432862_o.jpg

And turn the same ride into a highly themed ride complete with a restaurant as the transformation
1397160_865420436803892_7346129178345721733_o.jpg

1889075_865949940084275_5963575119379516647_o.jpg

Ya'll fret too much.

SirLink

Yeah, I don't get it either. This is just adding to the Toy Story Mania area to make it more complete. Sure it will have more eateries and stuff as well. When are some convinced this is the extent of the whole Pixar expansion. I'm sure, if they are really doing a Pixar area, there will be a coaster. Some of ya'll need to check out Mack's new coaster at Europa and then imagine that to a Pixar movie. It has a couple of small rides enclosed in the queue area. As for the carnival rides, so what, theme them up and have fun.

And turn the same ride into a highly themed ride complete with a restaurant as the transformation

Ya'll fret too much.

So we have the same problem as FLE a pretty band aid that lacks content.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Wow, so it basically doesn't even go anywhere and it truly is built out of a carnival ride system. Most of the time I think people are being very hyperbolic when saying that, but this is the worst ride i've seen in any Disney park.

I'd actually rather the Green Army Men parachute drop ride come than this piece of ****.
It's based of the same ride system as one of the mermaid rides at Tokyo Disney Sea. Basically a spinner but instead of moving up and down on an arm it stays on the ground.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
i would guess the TSPL part will make up maybe 10-15% of the budget
The original TSPL in Paris cost $85M in 2010. Even with inflation it would cost no more than $100M. That's even less then 10% of the rumored $1.2B to $1.5B budget. Plenty left over for other pieces of the project.

It will also be quick and easy to build. In Paris they started construction late in 2009 and it opened in August of 2010 so less than a year to build. Depending on how long it takes to clear land they could have it open by next Christmas (along with the TSMM expansion). Then they can close LMA and Indy and get down to the major construction work:)

Little Green Men

My thoughts exactly. At this point, there's absolutely no reason not to rename Pixar Place "Toy Story Land."

I love the idea of TSPL coming to DHS, but there needs to be a much larger Pixar presence as well.
I think it's all Toy Story so it will all mesh together. The land is about being shrunken to toy size, if they change the theme to Up then suddenly you're normal size again going up in a house with balloons. People say Toy Story Mania doesn't really fit in DHS anyway because of it's carnival theme. The area would make it more carnival themed like DCA's area if they add this.

lazyboy97o

I think it's all Toy Story so it will all mesh together. The land is about being shrunken to toy size, if they change the theme to Up then suddenly you're normal size again going up in a house with balloons. People say Toy Story Mania doesn't really fit in DHS anyway because of it's carnival theme. The area would make it more carnival themed like DCA's area if they add this.
Except that when walking around Pixar Place you're not toy sized, the Pixar Studio is just decorated like a Value Resort. That would still need to be reworked to better connect everything together. otherwise your normal size, then small, then normal, then small.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
One would hope you don't get RC Racer purely for the sight intrusions behind the Chinese Theatre...

Midway Mania gives them carte blanche to add them in Orlando ...
Doubt they will. They are horrible in DCA. Why add them in DHS or whatever it'll be called.

Little Green Men

Except that when walking around Pixar Place you're not toy sized, the Pixar Studio is just decorated like a Value Resort. That would still need to be reworked to better connect everything together. otherwise your normal size, then small, then normal, then small.
You're right, I guess if they rework the exit so you end up in TSPL from TSMM where you're already toy sized they can avoid that.

Ignohippo

Oh please stop. You're WAY overthinking it!

Ignohippo

10659105_865950763417526_4672314595067432862_o.jpg

1397160_865420436803892_7346129178345721733_o.jpg

1889075_865949940084275_5963575119379516647_o.jpg

Ya'll fret too much.

Where are those concept pics from? They're amazing!

Next Big Thing

As I said in an earlier post, there's plenty of room BEHIND TSMM... i'm not sure it's likely, but it sure isn't impossible to put TSPL back there and reroute the exit to the ride to exit into the land, making everything more cohesive in the process.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
And Mickey's Fun Wheel, The Silly Symphony Swings, King Triton's Carrousel, and the Golden Zephyr at DCA.

Speaking of mickey's Fun Wheel...I thought that might be an idea to go in Disney Springs and just charge admission to ride (like the big wheels they have at some other vacation destinations now like pigeon forge, myrtle beach, Atlanta, etc). Could look nice lit up at night and watching everyone waste their money on it :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom