Too much Alcohol in the parks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratman50th

thread-locked-forum-pics.jpg

Yup, religion and politics. Two things that should never be brought up at work or on an internet forum.
Look at the bottom of the page where it shows who is viewing. I've never seen that many people in one thread since I've been here. For the uninitiated, that was what a feeding frenzy in shark infested waters looks like. :lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
21st amendment to the constitution (Just in case you did not know, it is what all of the laws in our country are based on.)

Our constitution is based on judaeo christian beliefs taken directly from the Bible. Do your homework....
The influences for the US constitution included the philosophy of John Locke, the English Bill of Rights,and several French political philosophers, especially Montesquieu among many others.

There were also important negative influences from Britain, such as the problems of having a church established by law.

I do my homework. The difference is I use someone other that Rush and the 700 clubs for information.

Quick question...How many time does the word god or the name Jesus appear in the US constitution?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Being a drinking man myself (I IV it at home), I have to be drunk in the parks. Actually, I don't see how anyone could enjoy the parks sober. I read a thread where sober people notice chipped paint, and broken lights? Ha! Have fun with that! :lookaroun

:sohappy:

menamechris

LOL! Thank you SOOO much OP! You have made my afternoon! My friends and I will toast you this weekend while we sip margaritas in Mexico...

Chevross

Why does God, (by the way thats his name) pronounce a WOE to them that even gives his neighbor drink if it's not so bad. ANd why does he command to not even look upon it, and why does he say that those that drink arent wise? Admit it its Wrong and you just like it.

If it's a sin to look upon it, doesn't that mean Jesus sinned when he turned water into wine?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Proverbs 20:1 "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise"......God

Proverbs 23:32 "At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder".......God

Argue with him.

Jesus didn't turn the water into more drinkable water. :lookaroun

janoimagine

Why does God, (by the way thats his name) pronounce a WOE to them that even gives his neighbor drink if it's not so bad. ANd why does he command to not even look upon it, and why does he say that those that drink arent wise? Admit it its Wrong and you just like it.

Ready and study the bible ... moderation is the key. The bible speaks of excess and the dangers of excess. You seem to want to ignore that and skew it to your point and purpose.

Christ turned water into wine. At the last supper they had wine. Why is it that extremist's always seem to ignore these facts.

Rowdy

Ok, coming from a religious person... My God (yours too if you'd like;)), give it a rest. Everyone knows you can interpret the Bible wrong. Hints why people think the world is going to end every other weekend, because the "Bible says so". Religion is not a valid vantage point in this discussion so I'm not sure why it was even brought up. Seems the OP had no valid points backing what one person said, so he broke out religion. Or if he's just trying to spread the word of God, God bless you, and thank you. But, this is not the context in which you should be doing it.

ABigBrassBand

Proverbs 20:1 "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise"......God

Proverbs 23:32 "At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder".......God

Argue with him.

You can't argue with somebody that doesn't exist :drevil:

stratman50th

flashcar.gif

Ok, everyone move along now. Nothing left here to see. Go home, this is going to get ugly.
Who the hell left that raw meat laying around?

I thought alcoholics quit using this bogus idea in the 80's. You know they've thought up new ones since then, that are still wrong but easier to believe.
Do you think anyone who drinks is an alcholic? I'm not asking to be mean, I am just curious. There are Christians that drink and believe it is ok to drink.

I also wonder if the alcohol bothers you this much, how do you avoid all of that awful "magic" in the park? What about the witches? Do you stay away from all of that too?

I'm not trying to be mean, I am seriously wondering how you justify that, but not the alcohol.

The Andrews

Original Poster
Before I go......

O.K. this has been fun but I have to get to work, I have VBS (Vacation Bible School) shortly to prepare for, but let me conclude with this.

#1 If Jesus taught to obstain from it, dont look at it, and dont serve it, do you really think he'd make it? (Just askin) If he had made fermented wine it would have nullified his purity and holiness and been unable to pay for our sin. Of course you'd have to believe the Bible for that to matter.

#2 Look up the word wine in a Bible concordance there are many definitions to "wine" of which grape juice, or "fruit of the vine" is one of them. I will gladly respond in depth when I get back, but for now I have kids to tend to.

janoimagine

Ok, coming from a religious person... My God (yours too if you'd like;)), give it a rest. Everyone knows you can interpret the Bible wrong. Hints why people think the world is going to end every other weekend, because the "Bible says so". Religion is not a valid vantage point in this discussion so I'm not sure why it was even brought up. Seems the OP had no valid points backing what one person said, so he broke out religion. Or if he's just trying to spread the word of God, God bless you, and thank you. But, this is not the context in which you should be doing it.

Well stated.

wizards8507

O.K. this has been fun but I have to get to work, I have VBS (Vacation Bible School) shortly to prepare for, but let me conclude with this.

#1 If Jesus taught to obstain from it, dont look at it, and dont serve it, do you really think he'd make it? (Just askin) If he had made fermented wine it would have nullified his purity and holiness and been unable to pay for our sin. Of course you'd have to believe the Bible for that to matter.

#2 Look up the word wine in a Bible concordance there are many definitions to "wine" of which grape juice, or "fruit of the vine" is one of them. I will gladly respond in depth when I get back, but for now I have kids to tend to.

Wow, that's a new one even from the fundamentalists... Jesus turned water into grape juice.

Check a history book. They drank wine because the water wasn't sanitary.... Like, all the time.

I need a beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom