Tomorrowland: the land of walls - photo updates on all the TL projects

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Land of walls.... what a mess.

The TTA was supposed to have a software / hardware upgrade, replacement lighting and also new speedramps. We`ll see.

EPCOT Explorer

The TTA was supposed to have a software / hardware upgrade, replacement lighting and also new speedramps. We`ll see.

At least we still have the Avenue of the Planets clear.
And the rest should be fun to look over.:lookaroun

Interesting on TTA. Would installing the new stuff be a big job, i.e. We would see it?:lol:

rct247

What if the track layout for TTA inside of Space Mountain was redone to accommodate anything that might be done to Space Mountain?

I havn't been keeping up with any of the Space Mountain buzz (so don't attack me for this post), but IF there is a track replacement, wouldn't it make sense why TTA would go down for so long, and not just have a tarp placed over the TTA track in Space Mountain?

[I should also note this is a friend's theory, and not mine.]

Figment632

What if the track layout for TTA inside of Space Mountain was redone to accommodate anything that might be done to Space Mountain?

I havn't been keeping up with any of the Space Mountain buzz (so don't attack me for this post), but IF there is a track replacement, wouldn't it make sense why TTA would go down for so long, and not just have a tarp placed over the TTA track in Space Mountain?

The TTA isnt getting a new track they will just cover up the windows that show SM.

Rob562

I believe their point was, if Space Mountain wasn't getting a new track, why was the TTA sitting there so long, unless there was construction going on?

It was closed more due to safety concerns than upgrades to the TTA itself. Overhead construction within the mountain, as well as asbestos removal, would have made it unsafe to have Guests riding along directly under what was essentially an active construction zone.

-Rob

Figment1986

at least it got the lighting.... if they do the rest of it, who knows. (it would be nice to ride the attraction and not have it go down randomly practically needing a reboot)

the-reason14

Believe me, I hope and pray that is the case. It's just everything I've heard internally and externally about the project leads me to believe Space will basically be the same after it opens, and after some great refurbs like HM and HoP, keeping something the same is incredibly disappointing, IMO.

If thats true than why the heck did they close it in the first place? Its like, if they didnt have enough money to do it right and go all out, why couldnt they just wait and do it right? If its gonna be pretty much the same with different music in the que, they could have just left it open.

Tell me if Im wrong, but hasnt this refurb been rumored for a loooong time, like 2005 or earlier? If so, then they should have just poured the money into SM, instead of stuff like the stitch crap show that lasted about 3 weeks, and just make it right.

Im sorry, dont want to sound like a big time complainer, but SM is my absolute fav. WDW ride. Its the WDW ride for me. I didnt really want it to close because I wont set a foot on WDW property with it down, and now thats its been closed and Im hearing that much may not be different makes me think why close it in the first place. Im starting to see what a few people here have been talking about.

EPCOT Explorer

That, and they needed to protect guests. And hopefully add things to the TTA...:rolleyes::(

Would only make sense...

SirGoofy

If thats true than why the heck did they close it in the first place? Its like, if they didnt have enough money to do it right and go all out, why couldnt they just wait and do it right? If its gonna be pretty much the same with different music in the que, they could have just left it open.

Asbestos removal and smoothing out the track would require the ride to close.

Tell me if Im wrong, but hasnt this refurb been rumored for a loooong time, like 2005 or earlier? If so, then they should have just poured the money into SM, instead of stuff like the stitch crap show that lasted about 3 weeks, and just make it right.

Agreed. But TDO balked on the cost time, and time again, so all we're getting is a smoothed out track.

Im sorry, dont want to sound like a big time complainer, but SM is my absolute fav. WDW ride. Its the WDW ride for me. I didnt really want it to close because I wont set a foot on WDW property with it down, and now thats its been closed and Im hearing that much may not be different makes me think why close it in the first place. Im starting to see what a few people here have been talking about.

It's sad, isn't it? I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

Agreed. But TDO balked on the cost time, and time again, so all we're getting is a smoothed out track.

This is bad. I hope none of this is true and SM gets the refurb it deserves.

EPCOTPluto

And hopefully add things to the TTA...:rolleyes::(
And remove/clean unsightly things on the TTA & add to it:

(Dirty footprints inside the Metropolitan Science Center steel structure? :shrug:)
(Fresh coat of paint on walls around? Probably hasn't been painted since 2001...)
(More interesting things to note besides the dioramas & EPCOT the City)

Figment632

You know what if this is true and there I'd no significant changed and updates to SM I might have to stop going to WDW so often and maybe go to DL a couple times a year instead. How stupid can TDO be?

EPCOT Explorer

Thanks,

by the way, I think the exterior work to IaSW and PPF might be "prefurbs" also. Time will tell.
Primer? :lol: That could be the case...however, in the plans we have seen FL West is not touched (But then again, those are old plans!) They might retain the Tent Look, while the rest of FL does not. Something I wish we could get rid of altogether, but it'll be a nice transition. And if they keep updating the Tents it won't be so bad.:lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Primer? :lol: That could be the case...however, in the plans we have seen FL West is not touched (But then again, those are old plans!) They might retain the Tent Look, while the rest of FL does not. Something I wish we could get rid of altogether, but it'll be a nice transition. And if they keep updating the Tents it won't be so bad.:lol:
Just because they were not shown on that page does not mean that they are not on another page. A project the scope of the FL expansion would span hundreds of pages and we saw only 1.

EPCOT Explorer

Just because they were not shown on that page does not mean that they are not on another page. A project the scope of the FL expansion would span hundreds of pages and we saw only 1.

That makes me very, very happy.:D

However, would there be one page that shows a brief overview of it all?:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom