Tomorrowland: the land of walls - photo updates on all the TL projects

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Mouseplanet reported new speakers for TTA, have you heard anything about that Steve?

From their August 3rd update:

"The Tomorrowland Transit Authority is getting new speakers and new lighting as it waits to return to service."

Yep I believe that is correct. :)

Exprcoofto

I hope TTA is completed several days sooner. I really want to go on it. The new LED lights sound interesting. Wish it saw a bigger refurb though. (new/updates scenes and scripts)

SM news is a tad disappointing. But it seems all the news has been border line, so what exactly will we see opening day? Who knows :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Shouldn't they just come up with a new unified plan for TL, wall off the entire land completely, and then work on it night and day until its done.... similar to how the land was first built?
The park simply could not handle it. They are already running into issues with SM and the TTA closed. Just imagine how much worse it would be if threw threw Buzz, SGE, COP and the speedway into the mix.

officeboy

No nothing on that at all. It doesnt seem that much has been done at all. The word I have for both SM and TTA is not to expect much in terms of show improvements, certainly nothing on the scale of HM, Pirates or HoP.

Hopefully with the TTA they have been able to address the vehicle reliability issues at least.

I was unaware of TTA vehicle issues. Can you elaborate? Fixed magnets not staying fixed? I've seen what looks like a foot through the plastic covers either side of the wayside propulsion points, but that is all.

I tried searching, but this new internet thing sometimes has me stumped. ;)

_Scar

The park simply could not handle it. They are already running into issues with SM and the TTA closed. Just imagine how much worse it would be if threw threw Buzz, SGE, COP and the speedway into the mix.

They can take SGE whenever they'd like to.

prbiker15

Kind of depressing to see Space Mountain covered with a wall, it's gone on so many refurbs. Last time I went on it was in June 08, and it changed. But anyways, weird to see TL having so many WALLS.

hwdelien

I'd love to see a 360 degree picture of tomorrowland, sounds depressing. :( But, I know, the walls are necessary for improvements.

DisneyJunkie

Any word on what, if anything, people will be able to see once the TTA gets back up and running......in reference to inside SM? Or will the clear plexiglass in there be blacked out so that you're in darkness the whole time?

jt04

Wow, LEDS! I hope the rumor is true. Great decision.

Love construction walls. They reek of Future. And it is Tomorrowland. This sounds more and more like what I now call the "prefurb". Basically investing in the unseen infrastructure while a more cohesive design is created for the future. Jungle Cruise was a "prefurb" about a year ago. As was the Buzz M&G apparently. Anyway, this is progress. I just hope that if they didn't add any new sets to the TTA, they at least added some poster art to the windows that are blacked out or where there are long stretches of blank wall. And I surely hope nobody removed Walt's E.P.C.O.T. model. :zipit:

Thanks for the great pics!

Rob562

Ummmm, what? Are you just talking out of your butt again?

I think by "prefurb" was the JC closure a year or two ago where they closed it to do some infrastructure work on things that HAD to get done, and they were rumored to have done some prep work for the JC's eventual longer, full refurb.

As for the LED lighting on the TTA, wouldn't it be cool if the lights at night were normally one color, and then as a train passed they changed to a different color to highlight the passing train? The effect would be such that from a rider's viewpoint, all the lights they passed under were a single color, but to viewers on the ground the track glows with one color, and then with brighter-lit trains gliding along. Maybe even a different color for each train? Might add to the visual kinetics of TL.

-Rob

jt04

I think by "prefurb" was the JC closure a year or two ago where they closed it to do some infrastructure work on things that HAD to get done, and they were rumored to have done some prep work for the JC's eventual longer, full refurb.

As for the LED lighting on the TTA, wouldn't it be cool if the lights at night were normally one color, and then as a train passed they changed to a different color to highlight the passing train? The effect would be such that from a rider's viewpoint, all the lights they passed under were a single color, but to viewers on the ground the track glows with one color, and then with brighter-lit trains gliding along. Maybe even a different color for each train? Might add to the visual kinetics of TL.

-Rob

Exactly, thanks.

SirGoofy

-Rob

Yea. Everything that was done on the refurb was a necessary, almost emergency basis. The dock was literally about to collapse at some places.

As for the whole "prep" work idea, nothing happened in that department. They've been upgrading the animated figures' controls to fiber optics, but that has been happening for a while after said refurb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom