News Tomorrowland love

TJJohn12

I will say this... if all this work goes on to spiff up signage and no one rebalances the bed music during CoP’s “Papa, I’m not decent!” scene, I will spew.

That audio is so chronically poorly mixed that even the fan-created audio tracks for the ride have her drown out by production music... we’ve all basically decided that’s canon.

Also, don’t get me started on how the stage left to right pan when the fuse blows is always slightly out of Phase and breaks the illusion.

Last edited:

Clamman73

There’s some more painting going on...Josh’s Resort TV1 channel was streaming today and he noticed it, but his stream that’s on YouTube doesn’t include this mornings video part for some reason so I just grabbed a screenshot from someone else from just this evening and compared it to an old one....the new paint area is an orange color...have to see if this is the final paint scheme in this area.

Clamman73

I don't mind the new paint treatment, but it's basically the same aesthetic as before....I'm not really sure what the overall vision of tomorrowland is anymore. I thought they were trying to phase out the pastel colors of the 90's refurb, but that creamsicle orange is saying otherwise.
I would say it’s all starting to remind me of ‘80s Tomorrowland.

Brad Bishop

I don't mind the new paint treatment, but it's basically the same aesthetic as before....I'm not really sure what the overall vision of tomorrowland is anymore. I thought they were trying to phase out the pastel colors of the 90's refurb, but that creamsicle orange is saying otherwise.

This thread was started in 2016. We're getting paint.

Yes, we're getting Tron, too, but, adding a ride doesn't equate to re-making a land.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It does seem that they're randomly repainting pieces without anything cohesive.

Regarding the addition of TRON, I think the notion was that since it has a very specific aesthetic that Disney may want to make the rest of Tomorrowland fit with that style better.

Personally I think it would be cool to have some glowing LEDs on the sides of the peoplemover vehicles, and maybe just turn it off when it's in Space Mountain.

aladdin2007

Now they just need to get rid of the obnoxious safety spiel that plays every 5 seconds in the entrance and star tunnel. You can’t even listen to the music anymore.

they also need to fix the effects for the people mover when its inside space mountain, half the time your literally in pitch black darkness, for awhile there was white and green like glowing stars/effects, and soundtrack playing, then it all was turned off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom