Time Racer Coming

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Really? I love Muppets, Bug and HISTA, and never really cared that much about EO... :lookaroun Maybe I don't remember it well... :zipit:

Wow...you're showing my age :lol:

Actually, I don't remember much of Capn Eo but I do remember wanting to see it EVERYTIME I went...but I kinda remember a fuzzy little guy that flew around on butterfly type wings. :lol:

MKCustodial

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Wow...you're showing my age :lol:

Actually, I don't remember much of Capn Eo but I do remember wanting to see it EVERYTIME I went...but I kinda remember a fuzzy little guy that flew around on butterfly type wings. :lol:

Yeah, I remember that too.... And people that looked like they escaped a Star Wars movie... (And I'm NOT talking about Jacko!! :lol: )

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Yeah, I remember that too.... And people that looked like they escaped a Star Wars movie... (And I'm NOT talking about Jacko!! :lol: )

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now, now.. Let's not pick on poor Jacko just because he's had more noses than Pamela Anderson has had implants..:lol: :lol: :lookaroun :lookaroun

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Here's a quick "jist" of Spiderman...and this will NOT do this ride justice...

Take Winnie the Pooh...(ride technology is similar...I know...it's a long shot)...put in a touch of "It's Tough to Be a Bug" and VOILA...you have Spider-man :lol:

Seriously though...you sit in a "simulator" type car...with 3D glasses...you move from scene to scene (like Pooh) but each scene has a large screen and you see Spiderman battle his enemies but it puts you RIGHT in the middle of the battles. Now, top it off with REAL effects (flames, water, wind, smoke) and top it off with a 400ft virtual plunge off of a skyscraper. (your car interacts with EVERYTHING...from spinning effects to getting "shocked" to even moving when Spidey jumps on the hood :) )

This is probably one of the best rides HANDS DOWN that I have ever been on.

Sounds pretty kewl Freak!

Of course, I've never been on Pooh or Tough to be a Bug, but you've still made Spidey sound appealing....

Perhaps I'll check out IOA after all! :)

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Sounds pretty kewl Freak!

Of course, I've never been on Pooh or Tough to be a Bug, but you've still made Spidey sound appealing....

Perhaps I'll check out IOA after all! :)

(granted...Pooh is QUITE a stretch from Spider-man)

The reason I picked it is because of the ride technology...you sit in a car and the car moves along a track...but the actual car can spin, "bounce", and has other movements that are all made but the "CAR" not the track.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Wow... here is an Oldie But a goodie thread, I thought I would dig up.... and here is the reason why.... this was posted over at screamscape today.... This goes along with what I have been saying for the longest time... SE cannot just be gutted and redone on the inside due to the helix/spine & its structural integrity:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WDW - Epcot's Project Gemini / SSE:Time Racers is as good as dead

(9/17/03) Screamscape has confirmed with other sources that the Spaceship Earth geosphere structure just simply can not be gutted and replaced with another ride due to the fact that that the current ride system is critical to the geosphere’s structural integrity. While, from a technical standpoint, it is still possible to go on with the project, the costs involved have likely risen to the point where it is no longer worth the effort and building the same ride in a new building from scratch would likely be a cheaper answer. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D :) :wave:

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Honestly, I believe we'll find out what is to come of Time Racers in a few weeks at the conference. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing UoE being ripped out and shot numerous times.

Since now that we know that SSE isn't going anywhere, I think its the best place to put TR (Over in the UoE building).

Universe of Energy=9th gate of hell:fork:

Lee

Adventurer
A redo of Spaceship Earth is on hold, but not dead. It is clear that whatever goes into the sphere will have to retain a portion of the existing ride infrastructure, but from what I have heard all along, that was part of the plan.
Lance (Screamscape) has been under the mistaken impression that the new ride would be a coaster which would be launched from Innoventions into the sphere. I know that is not accurate. The redo I have been hearing about for a while is certainly not a coaster, and would in fact utilize much of the current...ummm...innards (for lack of a better word) of Spaceship Earth.

Oh, and all together now.....Time Racers is the post-show, not the ride. Repeat 10 times to memorize.:hammer:

ToTBellHop

Disney would not be wise to put another E-Ticket and/or thrill ride in Future World East. Either add it to Future World West, put it in Spaceship Earth (something Screamscape posts by no means should be regarded as fact), or...replace one side of the very lame Innoventions--honestly, they could combine all the exhibits from Innoventions East and West together on the East side, and build a new ride where Innoventions West is now...it's prime real estate that is filled w/ too many construction walls...

Favrefire4

God people understand this. It is impossible to gut Spaceship Earth, hear it IMPOSSIBLE. It most likely will never happen, most likely a new omnimover and updated scences but it is impossible due to the sturcture of the ball to gut it and put in some other sort of ride.

Becky

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
it's prime real estate that is filled w many construction walls...

Wow, The Construction Wall Ride:D :cool:

Reported today by reliable sources:animwink: that The Construction Wall Ride at Epcot joins MGM's Ladder and Chair Rides:lookaroun

Stay tuned for further details:wave:

thebubster4

Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
I wouldn't mind seeing UoE being ripped out and shot numerous times.

Universe of Energy=9th gate of hell:fork:

I was there last week, and took the "Undicovered Futureworld Tour", and was told two things:

1) There will be a "Soaring" ride placed inside of the land pavillion, but will NOT replace baot ride, it will be in addition to it.
2) Spaceship Earth "will" be getting a rehab into an E-ride, guide made it sound like Time recaers would go there.

Oh, and by the way, UoE was having a facelift done as of last week, so don't count on it being changed any time soon. :wave:

josh_e_washie

Hey y'all
I only read the first page so if I'm repeating something I apologize!!! Here is my view on the situation...

I agree with the whole 'organization turning to chaos' theme that an earlier member described (see page 2). I really think that the organization and consistancy Epcot once had was what made it special...such as the circle logos, theme of education, technology, etc. All of that is slowly decaying away. If they put in time racers, I hope they make one thing clear...MAKE IT IN SOME FORM EDUCATIONAL!!!!! I know that Epcot is meant to changed and believe me...I think parts of it need to ***cough cough...UoE**** but the one thing in epcot that shouldn't change is the educational value of it. The living seas is full of great knowledge...the land is too (and with soarin' in soon perhaps even more)...JII is lacking a bit, but it helps us key in on how to use our imagination...Test Track has SOME knowledge to gain...WoL does, UoE sorta does but M:S doesn't!!! I hope this won't be the trend with SE.....thats all I ask!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

DMC-12

Originally posted by Lee
Oh, and all together now.....Time Racers is the post-show, not the ride. Repeat 10 times to memorize.:hammer:

Yes... I am well aware of that....:hammer: :hammer:

Anyway... it would be cool if it did still happen... a redo of SE, but the purpose of my post was to kill the myth that SE could be gutted to just the shell... and it would be fine... which is clearly not the case. :) :wave:

DMC-12

Originally posted by thebubster4
I was there last week, and took the "Undicovered Futureworld Tour", and was told two things:

1) There will be a "Soaring" ride placed inside of the land pavillion, but will NOT replace baot ride, it will be in addition to it.
2) Spaceship Earth "will" be getting a rehab into an E-ride, guide made it sound like Time recaers would go there.

Haha! I was told the same thing in March! Who was your tour guide? If you dont mind me asking of course :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom