Time Racer Coming

MGM WDWFan

tiggerman--you are so right, SE is no doubt the ultimate makeout ride and I'm glad somebody finally recognized that! I remember 4 years ago when my eighth grade class took a trip to WDW and I was telling all of my friends that they needed to take their girls on that--and some of them got some serious action.

as for the rest of you all, a few things to note.

The worst thing that Disney can possibly do is to attempt to compete with IOA in any way. IOA is the best thrill park on the planet save for Cedar Point, and their brain trust is far more willing to spend than Disney's. If this competition happens, WDW will roll along for a while, depending on the Disney World name until people start to figure it out and that will be the beginning of the end.

Why are we updating SE? There is so much more in Epcot that needs dealing with, in Future World even. Ellen is starting to outstay her welcome very quickly (though we all love Bill Nye the Science Guy :lol: ). Body Wars is in DESPERATE need of a change. Some of the stuff in The Land is getting behind. Don't even get me started on the Living Seas.

But we have to stop the constant motion toward the thrill rides. Alienating the kids--the little 7 year olds who are scared of roller coasters and will only get on SM with prodding and poking--will be the death of Disney.

Thou shalt not alienate the children of our FUTURE WORLD.

--MGM

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by MGM WDWFan
tiggerman--you are so right, SE is no doubt the ultimate makeout ride and I'm glad somebody finally recognized that! I remember 4 years ago when my eighth grade class took a trip to WDW and I was telling all of my friends that they needed to take their girls on that--and some of them got some serious action.

as for the rest of you all, a few things to note.

The worst thing that Disney can possibly do is to attempt to compete with IOA in any way. IOA is the best thrill park on the planet save for Cedar Point, and their brain trust is far more willing to spend than Disney's. If this competition happens, WDW will roll along for a while, depending on the Disney World name until people start to figure it out and that will be the beginning of the end.

Why are we updating SE? There is so much more in Epcot that needs dealing with, in Future World even. Ellen is starting to outstay her welcome very quickly (though we all love Bill Nye the Science Guy :lol: ). Body Wars is in DESPERATE need of a change. Some of the stuff in The Land is getting behind. Don't even get me started on the Living Seas.

But we have to stop the constant motion toward the thrill rides. Alienating the kids--the little 7 year olds who are scared of roller coasters and will only get on SM with prodding and poking--will be the death of Disney.

Thou shalt not alienate the children of our FUTURE WORLD.

--MGM

Well said! (especially that last line)

Yes, Rob...you are right...it's just too bad that they put those new screens in :lol: That pitch black part was AWESOME heh heh heh

SamatBCV

10021982, I agree. I can't believe Disney hasn't sued that park for ripping them off. (I'm normally against lawsuits, but that is so BLATENT!!)

MGM, I agree with you to. I doubt if Universal would beat Disney just because Disney has a larger fan base and more money, but it wouldn't be a success for Disney to compete with Universal. There have always been parks with better thrills than Disney. Disney's cornered the market though on entertainment for the entire family by having such a variety in their rides. Even Universal's kid rides are in the thrill ride category. My wife and I went on Cat in the Hat after we rode Dueling Dragons 6 times in a row. We were looking for a relaxing break, but Cat in the Hat kept whipping us around and I think I felt more dizzy after that than after the roller coasters.

SirNim

Originally posted by 10021982
YIKES!!.....Holy Shipensberg!!......What the hell is that?!?!?!

You,....U,....Y'gotta be kidding me! This is a joke and someone is playing around with Photoshop......right?

That's the single biggest and MOST blatent RIPOFF I have ever seen in my life!! ANYWHERE concerning ANYTHING!!

They should have just gone ahead and named it "SpaceCraft Earth" or something of the sort!!!

Jeez, I don't ever want to see those pix again. Not just because it cheeses me off that it bites on SE,....but because it scares me to see what TimeRacers could "possibly" look like!
:mad:

Could you imagine: A Euro Theme park rips of Disney by copying SE and putting a roller coaster inside it and giving it a diferent name.....Disney then Returnes the favor and ripps off the Euro theme park by putting a roller coaster inside the "real" SE in Orlando and giving THAT a new name!!

Let me first explain a few things here: Disney may hold a patent on the actual specific design of Spaceship Earth, but does not hold a patent on the geosphere. Buckminster Fuller did much work creating spheres out of triangles. The triangles are not a decoration - they are a necessity. Fuller found that out - that adjacent traignles can be wrapped around a sphere. THe only objectionable aspect is that the outer traingles appear the Alucabond color of silvery-white. In addition, Eurostat is a geodesic dome, not a geosphere. Disney was the first (and presumably last) company to build a geosphere entirely off the ground - Eurostat is a dome, it is not fully lifted off the ground.

Thanks... :)

And yes, there certainly are better thrill rides out there. But they lack substance. Disney kept it clear that an attraction without a story, an attraction without substance, is wasted space. We can oly hope corporate Disney heeds this... And so far, it has... But slowly, surely, the stories of these attractions are becoming much looser, and substance, comprised of messages, morals, educative factors, and family appeal are becoming lost...

jmarc63

YIKES!!.....Holy Shipensberg!!......What the hell is that?!?!?!

You,....U,....Y'gotta be kidding me! This is a joke and someone is playing around with Photoshop......right?

That's the single biggest and MOST blatent RIPOFF I have ever seen in my life!! ANYWHERE concerning ANYTHING!!

They should have just gone ahead and named it "SpaceCraft Earth" or something of the sort!!!

Jeez, I don't ever want to see those pix again. Not just because it cheeses me off that it bites on SE,....but because it scares me to see what TimeRacers could "possibly" look like!
:mad:

Could you imagine: A Euro Theme park rips of Disney by copying SE and putting a roller coaster inside it and giving it a diferent name.....Disney then Returnes the favor and ripps off the Euro theme park by putting a roller coaster inside the "real" SE in Orlando and giving THAT a new name!!

Disney puting a Coaster inside SE had come to mind when I saw the picture, it could be a posibility but I would be really suprised if that happened at Epcot, I would hope it would just be another Omnimover type of attraction

Cliff

I'd love to see "Time Racers" be long slow moving high tech dark ride. I'd love to hear fantastic music score narrarated by "James Earl Jones" or something....with an "Iluminations- quality large sound system".

Yup, the latest animatronics...maybe flat panel screens in the cars or something.

Some "epic" historical scenes could include major "recent" events like World War II or somthing. ( Imagine that! )

I guess want it to just be a high tech updated SE.

This is the biggest test WDI has had in recent memoory. Let's see what they do to the very ICON of the park. Let's see if they give us another "Journey into YOUR Imagination."

Buford

Originally posted by SirNimajneb
And yes, there certainly are better thrill rides out there. But they lack substance. Disney kept it clear that an attraction without a story, an attraction without substance, is wasted space.

Yup! I was told that California Screaming in Disney's California Adventure is just an attraction...it makes me wonder why so many "Disney Fans" list this as one of their favorites...hmm...

...but its story is the "Time Period"... I kinda find that more of an excuse, however ;) ... same goes for the Carnival Style Dino-Rama. Ugh...:hurl: But that's just my opinion.

As for Spaceship Earth, yeap, I'm going to sit back and see what they do. This is their chance to make something good...or a chance to bly all my respect for them.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'd love to see "Time Racers" be long slow moving high tech dark ride. I'd love to hear fantastic music score narrarated by "James Earl Jones" or something....with an "Iluminations- quality large sound system".

Yup, the latest animatronics...maybe flat panel screens in the cars or something.

Some "epic" historical scenes could include major "recent" events like World War II or somthing. ( Imagine that! )

I guess want it to just be a high tech updated SE.

This is the biggest test WDI has had in recent memoory. Let's see what they do to the very ICON of the park. Let's see if they give us another "Journey into YOUR Imagination."

I really like this idea. Move away from the communications aspect of it and straight into a History of the Human race epic. I think we could have some very moving scenes if we kept the ride almost as is, but gave it a whole new story.

Buford

Where would we discuss communication? That is something very vital...EPCOT would really be missing out without something on it!! :(

Buford

Wait a sec - I have an Idea!

Make it a ride about everything! Kinda like Horizons - but more of a time ride...

Past: caveman, inventor of the wheel, it goes into motion and history, communication, kinda like an intro to EPCOT...and don't forget the future!!!! A GIANT future city!!!

Creative juicies!!

SirNim

Originally posted by OneLittleSpark
Wait a sec - I have an Idea!

Make it a ride about everything! Kinda like Horizons - but more of a time ride...

Past: caveman, inventor of the wheel, it goes into motion and history, communication, kinda like an intro to EPCOT...and don't forget the future!!!! A GIANT future city!!!

Creative juicies!!

Well yes, a giant chronology of the human race. From the "dawn of time" to the future. Actually, if you think about it, SE already has some aspects of this, from the Fall of Rome ro the Train Station with the telegraphs. With a few "retrofitted" scenes, an a new dialogue, and perhaps a new ride system, they can keep SE virtually intact but shift the focus...:D

dmspilot00

Originally posted by Fievel
I really like this idea. Move away from the communications aspect of it and straight into a History of the Human race epic. I think we could have some very moving scenes if we kept the ride almost as is, but gave it a whole new story.

Someone just pointed out that SE should still be about communication, but... that "History of the Human race epic" would be a great idea for a new Wonders of Life, don't you think???

Edit:
P.S. The idea of S.E. being an introduction to all of Epcot is a great idea too, considering it's at the front of the park and its the first thing everyone rides---it's already an unofficial "introduction" to the park...why not take advantage of this?

Buford

I saw we dump out the money from our piggie banks, buy EPCOT and build it fresh anew to bring the spirit back to the greatest means!!! :sohappy:

SirNim

Originally posted by dmspilot00
Someone just pointed out that SE should still be about communication, but... that "History of the Human race epic" would be a great idea for a new Wonders of Life, don't you think???

Hmmm... WoL...

If it focused on gorillas and East Africa, then slowly made its may in modern times...

Well...

I just dont see that inside WoL...:(

SirNim

Originally posted by OneLittleSpark
I saw we dump out the money from our piggie banks, buy EPCOT and build it fresh anew to bring the spirit back to the greatest means!!! :sohappy:

Amen to that!

Looking for $100,000,000??!?!

Anybody have change to spare?

We CAN save Epcot...!!

:lol:

dmspilot00

Originally posted by SirNimajneb
Hmmm... WoL...

If it focused on gorillas and East Africa, then slowly made its may in modern times...

Well...

I just dont see that inside WoL...:(

It would be a reincarnation of WoL. I know it would not fit into WoL the way it is now, but we all know it needs something new, with a less nauseating, thrill-inspried main attraction.

SirNim

Originally posted by dmspilot00
It would be a reincarnation of WoL. I know it would not fit into WoL the way it is now, but we all know it needs something new, with a less nauseating, thrill-inspried main attraction.

Man, I would love to see something like that happen! WoL is getting a bit tired... It could use an update or two... But something along the lines of the human epic should really be in SE... :D

Buford

Spaceship Earth: a history of man, motion, energy, imagination, etc. leading into the Earth Station, connected to a new Innoventions full of communication story

UoE: a brand new Energy exchange exhibit with a SKYDOME SPECTACULAR!

WOL: Make all new exhibits, new paint jobs, and brand new effects in the attractions

Mission Space: Create an attraction behind the area for families

World of Motion: Destroy Test Track, build the MAGIC SKYWAYS attraction, Dreamflight, and then use extra space in the back to rebuild a Test Track that will work...then it will end up in a brand new Transcenter in the present-day Odyssey Restaurant

JII: Brand new attraction using every space of that attraction with the original Figment and Dreamfinder back - and a brand new state-of-the-art Image Works upstairs!!

The Land: Create a soarin' attraction with ESSENCE, a more "original" style food show

The Living Seas: General updates

Progressland: Carousel of Progress!! Then a post-show with Horizons props, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom