News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Why does everything regarding Tiana have to be Off-Model? It is just weird that she is no longer being associated with her look in the film...her iconic her finale dress...instead it is a pantsuit? and appearing at the Grand Floridian in a pant suit? Why aren't the other characters all dressed in off-model outfits? Jasmine in a mini skirt and tube top? Belle in culottes and a sweater.... Cinderella in a powder blue catsuit... It is just strange...
yeah I don't get that either... kids have a certain image they identify these characters as/in

James Alucobond

Why does everything regarding Tiana have to be Off-Model? It is just weird that she is no longer being associated with her look in the film...her iconic her finale dress...instead it is a pantsuit? and appearing at the Grand Floridian in a pant suit? Why aren't the other characters all dressed in off-model outfits? Jasmine in a mini skirt and tube top? Belle in culottes and a sweater.... Cinderella in a powder blue catsuit... It is just strange...
Tiana is kind of atypical in that her noteworthy princess dress actually only shows up for a few moments and is also her wedding dress. Even in much of the original marketing material, she showed up in gowns from earlier in the film. It would be like Ariel always showing up in her bridal gown from the boat at the end. I feel like the dress at the end of TBA is actually a good compromise because it retains the tiara, includes some nice period details, and is at least reminiscent of what she wears at the end of the film.

Epcot82Guy

Tiana is kind of atypical in that her noteworthy princess dress actually only shows up for a few moments and is also her wedding dress. Even in much of the original marketing material, she showed up in gowns from earlier in the film. It would be like Ariel always showing up in her bridal gown from the boat at the end. I feel like the dress at the end of TBA is actually a good compromise because it retains the tiara, includes some nice period details, and is at least reminiscent of what she wears at the end of the film.

I agree with your point. I do think the ballgown is the most recognizable. But, you are right the screentime is low. An issue I see is they aren't really referencing the film as much. It's kind of funny that they don't want original stories in the parks because of the mandate. However, if a person has no parks knowledge, a face character in these outfits is also not a recognizable character. (Obviously, Disney mentions who the characters are at the location, but it's not immediately placed by that person.) At least if they use dresses from the film, there is a chance of recognition. A lot of these moves are starting to feel forced, as several have mentioned above. (The Wish analogy is a good one.)

MerlinTheGoat

Belle's iconic yellow dress only appears for a very short amount of time in her movie as well, just for the ballroom scene and the ending. But it's still her most well known outfit. And the one they sell for princess dress up in the parks. Cinderella also doesn't appear in her iconic light blue gown for very long in her movie either, but the same facts apply to that dress.

Tiana's green waterlily dress is similarly the one people associate her with. Despite a number of the movie cases having her in Charlotte's blue dress, the green one is what she previously appeared in with all of her meet and greets. And the one that children dress up as.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Belle's iconic yellow dress only appears for a very short amount of time in her movie as well, just for the ballroom scene and the ending.
Indeed. Some of the princesses' iconic gowns/dresses aren't portrayed specifically as their wedding dress, nor as their formal royal dress for state occasions.

Imagine telling The Queen (RIP) that she should wear a ball gown to her wedding or to receive the president of the U.S. at the airport tarmac, or to wear the ball gown at the state dinner. The nerve!

Why isn't Disney selling these unseen dresses!!!! Another opportunity squandered by the bald man who used to run merchandising!!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In reality yes. I think this discussion is about how TWDC wants to present their female characters going forward.

I think Disney wants to move away from the princess who need a prince to save her, and move toward a self sufficient, strong heroine who does not need a man, and is a leader.
No.

The princesses can wear different things at different times. There is no rule that Disney imposes on itself that they have to pick one outfit for each princess and no matter what the situation, present that princess in that get-up.

Belle still meets in her peasant outfit and her ball gown and always will.

I see no movement on Disney's part to limit the princesses to one outfit. This is all in your mind.

Squishy

Rare Bob Iger W, Mr Josh tear down this ride! 🙃
1723222443084.png

Incomudro

No.

The princesses can wear different things at different times. There is no rule that Disney imposes on itself that they have to pick one outfit for each princess and no matter what the situation, present that princess in that get-up.

Belle still meets in her peasant outfit and her ball gown and always will.

I see no movement on Disney's part to limit the princesses to one outfit. This is all in your mind.
True.
But how about something the character wore in the film?
The whole idea of Tiana existing in a timeline outside the film was a terrible mistake.
Huge mistake for the ride too.

Jedi14

True.
But how about something the character wore in the film?
The whole idea of Tiana existing in a timeline outside the film was a terrible mistake.
Huge mistake for the ride too.
They make new outfits for the characters often at the parks like Jasmine and Ariel’s current outfits. The ride is still connected to the film. It’s before the show, after the movie.

Disstevefan1

Has WDI explained yet why everybody else (Charlotte, Naveen, Mama Odi, etc.) looks like they just walked right out of the animated movie and haven't aged a day while Tiana looks, well, um, "more mature"?
I think the cover story line was for the attraction was she is supposed to be older, BECAUSE they wanted to use EXISTING animatronics designs instead of creating new for a different face shape to save costs.

The same way they clone rides to save costs.

Just a guess.

Epcot81Fan

I think the cover story line was for the attraction was she is supposed to be older, BECAUSE they wanted to use EXISTING animatronics designs instead of creating new for a different face shape to save costs.

The same way they clone rides to save costs.

Just a guess.
If that is true, that is even more idiotic. You age up one character (the most important one) and then leave the others looking exactly like the movie?

For a ride that was deemed to be so “important”, it is honestly shocking how poorly they treated Tiana - both in her appearance (apparently we cannot show or discuss the comparison to the animated film character) and role in the attraction.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

I have never did a VQ and I have a question.

When Tiana goes down, what happens to the folks that were boarding at that moment?

Can they return at any time to enter with whatever boarding group is boarding?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom