News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Stupido

It's truly wild hearing the claim that Tiana looks so off model that children won't be able to recognize her. First off, she doesn't. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Secondly, that's really such a discredit to Anika Noni Rose whose stellar voice work really brings Tiana to life. I know I might be biased, but I think Anika is truly in the golden trio of princess voice actors with Paige O'Hara and Jodi Benson. To be frank, Tiana wouldn't be Tiana without Anika Noni Rose's inspired acting.

I've been lucky enough to ride Tiana's Bayou Adventure (with all the animatronics working none the less), and found it ridiculous that anyone would claim it was difficult to understand whose ride it is. If you have any clue who Tiana is, you'll know exactly who you're adventuring with.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

Yeah. It is a little strange that they couldn't think of anything more for her to do than look for critter musicians. I honestly don't give that much thought to the stories of rides. But if they're trying to move the character beyond the movie, then I think they're should've been something more going on.
I think the narrative and design choices make some amount of sense if you consider that they were trying to fit the attraction into three distinct lands across three parks. It needed to fit within Frontierland at Magic Kingdom, hence the rustic bayou facade and self-made business story element; it needed to fit within New Orleans Square at Disneyland, hence the jazz music and themed queue elements; and it needed to fit within Critter Country in Tokyo, hence the uniquely designed cute critters for merchandising.

Tha Realest

I think the narrative and design choices make some amount of sense if you consider that they were trying to fit the attraction into three distinct lands across three parks. It needed to fit within Frontierland at Magic Kingdom, hence the rustic bayou facade and self-made business story element; it needed to fit within New Orleans Square at Disneyland, hence the jazz music and themed queue elements; and it needed to fit within Critter Country in Tokyo, hence the uniquely designed cute critters for merchandising.
And as a result, fits in none of them

tanc

When I go to ride this, I hope I board at a good time and don’t get stuck on it or that everything is terribly out of sync.

seabreezept813

It's truly wild hearing the claim that Tiana looks so off model that children won't be able to recognize her. First off, she doesn't. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Secondly, that's really such a discredit to Anika Noni Rose whose stellar voice work really brings Tiana to life. I know I might be biased, but I think Anika is truly in the golden trio of princess voice actors with Paige O'Hara and Jodi Benson. To be frank, Tiana wouldn't be Tiana without Anika Noni Rose's inspired acting.

I've been lucky enough to ride Tiana's Bayou Adventure (with all the animatronics working none the less), and found it ridiculous that anyone would claim it was difficult to understand whose ride it is. If you have any clue who Tiana is, you'll know exactly who you're adventuring with.
Also it’s the character but in pants. My 3 year old knows it’s Tiana. I totally get the ride not working right criticisms but the she’s unrecognizable claims are bizarre.

easyrowrdw

Interesting. I hadn’t thought of those things before.

Incomudro

Obviously children will recognize her.
That doesn't change the fact that the choice to do what they did was a poor one.

BagOfGroceries

IMG_8756.jpeg
Rabbit head logs are back in stock! Get them while they’re still here!

Animaniac93-98

They will figure out the technical issues and the ride will be successful. Not Splash Mountain level of quality but still a good ride nonetheless.

I can only speak for myself, but making one of Disney World's best rides worse and then struggling to keep it open at all or with adequate show quality is not something to be satisfied with.

It's not something to laugh about and or gloat over either. As a paying customer, it's extremely disappointing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom