News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

mickEblu

What happened to when they would try and get people who looked similar to try and keep consistency/character integrity? This lady looks nothing like Tiana nor any of the Tianas I've met.

It’s already difficult to find face characters that can do the job AND that look anything like the cartoons. Now give that cartoon character a hair cut and a whole outfit change and voila, they’re unrecognizable.

As far as the ride, I do not feel like I’m looking at Tiana. Not in one of the show scenes. Not even the finale. All this effort to make sure we understand this ride is about TIANA and it doesn’t even look like her.

Last edited:

Jedi14

Some of the reactions to Tiana’s one of many outfit at this point reminds me of when on two separate occasions, people freaked out when Minnie wore pants.

TP2000

I can't wait to see how, and in what context, Sidekick Tightpants and the various WDI brouhaha's a couple days from now mention Tiana's Bayou Adventure on the big stage at D23 Expo.

I'm betting two churros on the vetted and pre-approved Talking Points from Sidekick Tightpants and Company that this ride is "immersive" and "impactful" and "inclusive" and at least one or two "firsts!".

And that it's been nothing but successful in Florida, and will be equally and hugely successful in Anaheim this December.

In other news, now that skinny jeans are no longer in fashion, and the kids in SoCal are all wearing high waisted bell bottoms like it's 1978, I wonder how Sidekick Tightpants will update his wardrobe for D23 Expo?

GenChi

Guess I'll say it more direct this time.

Tiana should have only been revealed at this D23 this weekend. The last four years should have it been quietly approved but working out the story, ride structure and most importantly the quality control to ensure the ride met the standards of this company.

It's far beyond what I'm not into, it's going into the downtime and broken aspects are embarrassing for a park this caliber. It's going into I'm getting nervous for the safety of parkgoers like with the glass light accident. These should be the last things I think about with a Disney ride but they aren't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom