News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disstevefan1

Electrolysis from salt water wreaked havoc on the mechanical sharks during the filming of JAWS. :D
Tiana is experiencing a similar situation sort of. Props that worked great where they were built, but failed when they try to use them on site.

"Bruce" the Jaws shark worked great where it was built but as soon as the moved it on site if failed as you say.

In the case of the Jaws movie, because of Bruce failing we did not see Bruce much and I think not seeing Bruce GREATLY HELPED the movie, building suspense!

In the case of Tiana...... Well, not so much... ;)

Epcot81Fan

In a bizarre way, the fact that its current reliability is so terrible distracts from the conversation about how embarrassing and juvenile the actual attraction turned out to be.

Also, I was shocked, absolutely shocked, Iger didn't even mention the opening of the most significant domestic park investment of the year on the earnings call as being a huge driver of visitation and merch per cap in upcoming quarters.

I am sure they are blown away by guest response, increased visitation, and guest merch spending since its opening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tha Realest

Tiana is experiencing a similar situation sort of. Props that worked great where they were built, but failed when they try to use them on site.

"Bruce" the Jaws shark worked great where it was built but as soon as the moved it on site if failed as you say.

In the case of the Jaws movie, because of Bruce failing we did not see Bruce much and I think not seeing Bruce GREATLY HELPED the movie, building suspense!

In the case of Tiana...... Well, not so much... ;)
Navi River Journey is 7 years old. How often is the Shaman of Songs in B-mode?

Those are both water based attractions. Have the abilities of WDI regressed that much? SoS is more impressive than anything in TBA.

WorldExplorer

I was hanging out around the Port Orleans resorts today. They have a Tiana's photo op in the Riverside lobby.

It's amazing how, even after all of this, I see that general shape and the waterfall and immediately think of Splash Mountain. It took me a moment to register what it actually was for.

There are a bunch of reasons why they kept the track and showbuilding, but I really wonder if the constant stain of "this obviously used to be Splash, this reminds me of Splash, this used to look better, this used to have stuff, this used to..." was worth it.

Especially since it's not like they really make use of the drop anyway...

MerlinTheGoat

1723146778340.png

This may have been posted prior, but it's worth repeating given the increasing number of frequent failures that the figures are experiencing in the past few weeks. This also isn't some nobody who doesn't know what they're talking about either, he's a mechanical engineer who has repaired animatronics for both Disney and Universal.

I can see the potential for all-electric figures having more issues with extremely humid and wet environments than traditional hydraulic and pneumatic figures. And Splash/TBA is much wetter than other boat rides like Navi, which has a greater separation from the outside air and no drops to cause water to be sloshed all over the sets and spray up into the air. Part of me wonders if this is why they left the stretch immediately after the first drop empty and devoid of figures, despite there having been a number of them in Splash. This area always got hit with a lot of backsplash.

But I still think the newer animatronics and moving props are likely just being built with worse quality standards as well. When even things such as twinkle lights and such are going out, that isn't something you can blame on the ride being wet. You can easily weather proof these types of fixtures. It has to be poor standards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom