News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

ToTBellHop

Yes I caved and watched the DPB video because it was too hard to discuss without watching it once.

Why did they release such an awful, dark video? That was supposed to help control the narrative? And that’s the best their team can make?

There are entire visual effects that you can’t even make out in that video. Bloggers make better videos.

Brer Panther

I think Splash had Brer Fox there.
Yeah,that's where Brer Fox being attacked by Brer Gator was in Splash Mountain.
Team Disney Tokyo. The Disney people in Japan. And they'll probably sign off if OLC signs over enough money, as we both know that's what TWDC cares about over anything else. They might try to fight it for a bit, but they'll likely concede to this rebuild eventually. It will probably be built in such a way it can be rethemed if need be, also
I'd be shocked if this was true, but if it was, that's just putting more salt (no pun intended) on the wound.
Serious plans for a Splash replacement go back years before the announcement in 2020.

The ride was pretty much a lock to be replaced at some point this decade regardless of how it ended up being announced, but the execution was always dependent on the direction they chose.
Source, please?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes I caved and watched the DPB video because it was too hard to discuss without watching it once.

Why did they release such an awful, dark video? That was supposed to help control the narrative? And that’s the best their team can make?

There are entire visual effects that you can’t even make out in that video. Bloggers make better videos.
Try this one

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Try this one

I just want to say thank you for this I noticed a few things that I was not able to see from the other videos posted! Mainly that Louis is in the first scene with the okra, and was able to locate Naveen in the showboat scene. You did a great job... Still not convinced the ride is good but glad to finally be able to see it clearly enough! You did a great job!

Additional question to you or anyone who has rode the ride, did you get wet? I noticed that the splash effect is gone and I read/saw someone comment that when they rode they did not get wet. So I am curious if this is still part of the experience.

Surferboy567

Umm... I'm sorry, but this looks EXACTLY like Fantasy Springs. I don't understand the people holding up Fantasy Springs as an ideal that is wished for instead of what we got. Tangled doesn't have conflict. Pan has CGI screens. Everything has a feeling of plasticity to it except for beautiful naturescape. This being done by the same team makes 100% of the sense.
lines. In this video she just kept repeating "Juju..."
Fantasy Springs is millions of times better than this. It doesn’t look “exactly” like this. Sure this builds up an atmosphere like Fantasy Springs (an aspect of Tiana’s I enjoy) but for the actual attractions they are nothing alike.

Frozen - Is way more advanced then this will ever be and has conflict (Elsa running away, Anna freezing etc). Far better show scenes then Tiana’s as well.

Tangled - Is like you said conflict-free which isn’t a bad thing because the story of Rapunzel going to the lantern festival is portrayed nicely. Tiana’s is also not as advanced as tangled. Tangled is also not meant to be a E-ticket.

Peter Pan - You are correct, it’s a screen based ride. That being said, it works incredibly well and is probably one of the best uses of a screen attraction I’ve seen. Probably my favorite ride in fantasy springs ironically.The attraction also has conflict (John is captured by Captain Hook and we and the darlings are there to rescue him with Pan’s help).

Fantasy Springs is also a land with 3 attractions, a hotel, and lots of eateries that are very well done/themed and from what I’ve seen well received. Apples and oranges comparison between a single land and one attraction.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Fantasy Springs is millions of times better than this. It doesn’t look “exactly” like this. Sure this builds up an atmosphere like Fantasy Springs (an aspect of Tiana’s I enjoy) but for the actual attractions they are nothing alike.

Frozen - Is way more advanced then this will ever be and has conflict (Elsa running away, Anna freezing etc). Far better show scenes then Tiana’s as well.

Tangled - Is like you said conflict-free which isn’t a bad thing because the story of Rapunzel going to the lantern festival is portrayed nicely. Tiana’s is also not as advanced as tangled. Tangled is also not meant to be a E-ticket.

Peter Pan - You are correct, it’s a screen based ride. That being said, it works incredibly well and is probably one of the best uses of a screen attraction I’ve seen. Probably my favorite ride in fantasy springs ironically.The attraction also has conflict (John is captured by Captain Hook and we and the darlings are there to rescue him with Pan’s help).

Fantasy Springs is also a land with 3 attractions, a hotel, and lots of eateries that are very well done/themed and from what I’ve seen well received. Apples and oranges comparison between a single land and one attraction.
I imagine you could count on one hand the number of guests who have been to Fantasy Springs and ridden TBA but based upon videos, I see a lot of similarities between the boat rides there and this. But yes, 3>1

Surferboy567

I imagine you could count on one hand the number of guests who have been to Fantasy Springs and ridden TBA but based upon videos.
This is also a fair point, and like I said I’m only drawing reactions to POV videos I’ve seen. I cannot make a final judgement on Tiana’s and Fantasy Springs till I ride them. Which in fantasy spring’s case may not ever happen unless they are cloned stateside.

ToTBellHop

This is also a fair point, and like I said I’m only drawing reactions to POV videos I’ve seen. I cannot make a final judgement on Tiana’s and Fantasy Springs till I ride them. Which in fantasy spring’s case may not ever happen unless they are cloned stateside.
Same for me with Tokyo. Wish they’d bring more to WDW from TDL since I imagine VERY FEW guests visit those two. Many more make it to DL and DLP.

Incomudro

See that is what is so interesting!

Every review I've seen on Twitter (by people who have ACTUALLY ridden it) has been relatively positive. They're not "shills", they're not "WOKE DEI enthusiasts," but they are normal park guests riding with their kids and reviews have been glowing.

Maybe we shouldn't take everyone who has the word "Br'er" in their usernames' opinions at face value?
Of course it's better when you ride it.
It's still a great flume ride.
We get no sense of movement sitting at our screens criticising a video.
No smells, feeling of outdoor heat and indoor A/C.
It's all new inside, higher tech, nice lighting.
But that doesn't mean that it could not have and should have been so much better.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

But it doesn't have the stench of being an inferior replacement of something else hanging over its head.

at least it's a new ride/land over there that didn't come at the cost of something else that people loved.
Yeah, that’s the big one I imagine. Once you mess with people’s nostalgic memories by ripping and old (probably superior) ride and replace it with something else. That’s where they run into problems.

There are some rethemes though that I actually prefer over the original though. Buy and large though the above applies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom