News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Ismael Flores

I noticed that somehow it seems to be a trend, Ever since they started updating the lighting to LEDS they have changed the lighting for the worse. Just because they can use every color possible in an RGB color pallet does not mean they should.

Of course I have worked with color for 36 years in my profession so I am a bit bias. For example big thunder mountain in that picture looks comical. The color hues would work better if they were subdued a bit especially since the mountain is inspired by a real location.

Trauma

Why is everything even semi-positive a bot? Why is it so impossible that some people just like it?
I didn’t say everyone.

There is a pattern of positive comments with just a few words changed, followed by the same chain of emojis.

Disney has already been caught red handed with fake twitter reviews and these YouTube comments follow the exact same pattern.

LittleBuford

It's been interesting in the last few days, in regards to online reactions to the video. Initially, it was almost all negative, but now the people who wanted the re theme all along either don't like it but will never admit it, or are on a pixie dust high and like it for their little princesses, are starting to post comments, and alot of them always involve the same rude, dismissive, passive-aggressive phrases that they have been spouting for years. "
You’re not the first person to say this, but I really don’t see it. If anything, there was a flurry of positive responses right after the video came out, and it’s been overwhelmingly negative since then. Those with good things to say remain very much in the minority. For the most part, they’ve been perfectly polite, while others have branded them trolls and bots for daring to have a difference of opinion.

Ghost93

Do you think if they went back in and filled in some dead space, with more characters, it would improve things?

Is there a reasonable fix they could make in the coming years, to make the ride just a bit stronger?
The ride is easily salvageable. Add in some more critters and NAVEEEN during the "Going Down the Bayou" section.

And most importantly, add in some type of tension. There are one of two ways to do this I think:

1. Establish that we are running late to the party via ride dialogue to create a sense of urgency. Mama Odie shrinking us and sending us down the log flume could be a way to give us a "shortcut" so we make it to the party in time. It's not much, but would give narrative reason for us shrinking and us plunging down a 50+ drop.

2. Completely overhaul the Laughing Place/Dig A Little Deeper section so that ghost of Dr. Facillier — not Mama Odie — shrinks us. The firefly screens can be replaced with Facilier's shadows and friends on the otherside. It gives the story a smidgen of conflict and tension and then the lift hill could have the chants of "Are you Ready!?" The Mama Odie animatronic on the lift could remain as is, only now she is using her magic to defeat Dr. Facillier instead of merely just resizing us.

Professortango1

The ride is easily salvageable. Add in some more critters and NAVEEEN during the "Going Down the Bayou" section.

And most importantly, add in some type of tension. There are one of two ways to do this I think:

1. Establish that we are running late to the party via ride dialogue to create a sense of urgency. Mama Odie shrinking us and sending us down the log flume could be a way to give us a "shortcut" so we make it to the party in time. It's not much, but would give narrative reason for us shrinking and us plunging down a 50+ drop.

2. Completely overhaul the Laughing Place/Dig A Little Deeper section so that ghost of Dr. Facillier — not Mama Odie — shrinks us. The firefly screens can be replaced with Facilier's shadows and friends on the otherside. It gives the story a smidgen of conflict and tension and then the lift hill could have the chants of "Are you Ready!?" The Mama Odie animatronic on the lift could remain as is, only now she is using her magic to defeat Dr. Facillier instead of merely just resizing us.
Can't use Facilier.Deemed too problematic

doctornick

Well in person reviews from the Cast are more positive than the response to the video. Tiny sample size given breakdowns.

Really struggling to not watch the video…

Realistically I'm sure it will be a perfectly enjoyable experience (well, when it isn't breaking down). I don't think people are largely going to ride and say they disliked or hated it.

Preferring Splash to TBA or feeling it is a downgrade is a far cry from saying that TBA is in a vacuum a bad ride.

Trauma

You’re not the first person to say this, but I really don’t see it. If anything, there was a flurry of positive responses right after the video came out, and it’s been overwhelmingly negative since then. Those with good things to say remain very much in the minority. For the most part, they’ve been perfectly polite, while others have branded them trolls and bots for daring to have a difference of opinion.
If Disney doesn’t want positive feedback branded as bots maybe they should stop posting fake reviews on social media.

Incomudro

If we’re lucky the rides not broken, they’re just taking down banners and adding more static figures to flush out the scenes.

The story is going to be hard to fix but I think the ride itself could be easily improved, the biggest complaint is empty space, add some static characters tucked into the bayou, some huts, etc and that empty space doesn’t feel so empty anymore. Much of what made Splash so engaging was birdhouses, doors to character homes, etc, stuff that could easily be added to TBA.
If they changed the shrinking segment to Facilier, as well as the lift segment - relatively easy to do since Mama Odie sends us there through projections - it would help a lot.
I seriously doubt however the today's Disney would actually add menace.
They are more about Nerfing everything out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom