News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

JD80

Yeah I guess I should.

The fact the conversation has devolved into “It doesn’t matter that the ride sucks because people will still wait in line for it” has me upset.

I figured at some point Disney fans would hold the company accountable for their actions. If this latest disaster isn’t enough nothing really is.

If I attacked you somewhere in a previous post I apologize. I just don’t get this insanity.

Does no one else care about the quality of the product ?

The world is big and has a varied amount of opinions. You should not be angry and rude to those that have different ones.

seabreezept813

While I don’t disagree with holding Disney to a standard I do think that part of what is missing in these discussions is seeing through a child’s eyes. I miss the Great Movie Ride terribly but I love Mickey because it’s fun but mostly because of the magic my kids have experienced riding it.

Incomudro

Yeah I guess I should.

The fact the conversation has devolved into “It doesn’t matter that the ride sucks because people will still wait in line for it” has me upset.

I figured at some point Disney fans would hold the company accountable for their actions. If this latest disaster isn’t enough nothing really is.

If I attacked you somewhere in a previous post I apologize. I just don’t get this insanity.

Does no one else care about the quality of the product ?
It doesn't matter if we try to "hold the company accountable."
The riders will be there.
That's all that matters to the company.

Professortango1

I’m pretty new to this forum overall and I just hope that this thread isn’t representative of how every conversation on every new thing goes because this has been miserable lmao

I’m all for criticizing The Mouse because there’s a lot of it they deserve but this has been genuinely way too much nonsense and hullaballoo for no legitimate reason.
I think the frustration and ire is because Disney was once held to a higher standard which is why we all became fans of the parks. But for the past decade or so, Disney has been consistently shoddy with cheap rethemes. So far it has been retheming an attraction with some objective issues like Maelstrom, Stormrider, Screamin, DCA's TOT (even though this was my favourite version of the ride), Snow White, etc. So people can argue that the storytelling isn't up to Disney quality, but people could also shrug and point out that the attraction it replaced needed some adjustments.

This is the first time they have messed with a beloved classic since Tiki Room, and Splash is far more beloved by guests. And while many were vocal about their worries considering Disney's history of lackluster rethemes, these were always dismissed by the hopeful crowd on here. And every time a new element was confirmed and seemed off, the critical crowd would point to these as evidence that we should be worried, but they were still waved away by those who cheerlead for Disney and told "wait until you ride it to form an opinion." The whole "we don't know the whole thing" excuse kept being used time and time again to squash all objective discussion of this project.

And now that we have the full attraction available...it turns out the criticisms were appropriate. And many of the folks who kept shouting down criticisms are now expressing their own dissatisfaction. I'm not a doom and gloomer, but it is annoying to have pointed out many of the issues years ago and been told my complaints and observations aren't valid only now that we are officially stuck with this, now we can all say the same thing.

There's nit-picking and there's wearing rose-coloured glasses. Maybe we need to start listening to the folks in-between.

Trauma

Did someone hand out talking points to the Sheild?

They all show up at once with:

The ride will have long lines so that’s all that matters.

Thru the eyes of a 4 year old the ride is great!

Well those seems like some great reasons to destroy Splash.

It all makes sense to me now.

Trauma

It’s a shame, Disney took the best E Ticket for overall experience at all of Disney World, at least the Magic Kingdom. And turned it into the the worst E ticket in the whole park.

They pretty much turned a Porsche 9/11 into a Prius and marketed it as better, what a shame.
It doesn’t matter.

People are going to wait for it anyways.

I also showed the ride to my Daughter and she rolled her eyes and walked away. I think that means she can’t wait to ride it.

Did I mention it’s going to have long lines and that means it’s amazing?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Did someone hand out talking points to the Sheild?

They all show up at once with:

The ride will have long lines so that’s all that matters.

Thru the eyes of a 4 year old the ride is great!

Well those seems like some great reasons to destroy Splash.

It all makes sense to me now.
As I told my friend, the primary goal was to rid us of splash and the replacement attraction quality was secondary. Seems they gave us a “meh” according to the cross sections of options out there.

davis_unoxx

It doesn’t matter.

People are going to wait for it anyways.

I also showed the ride to my Daughter and she rolled her eyes and walked away. I think that means she can’t wait to ride it.

Did I mention it’s going to have long lines and that means it’s amazing?
Hahaha I love it.

It’s interesting, the company D store in Anaheim for cast is full of Tiana merch this year and last, meaning her stuff doesn’t sell well in the park…

I honestly believe splash merch will sell better than Tiana ride ever will, no matter how hard they push this ride to act like it’s a success.

Trauma

Hahaha I love it.

It’s interesting, the company D store in Anaheim for cast is full of Tiana merch this year and last, meaning her stuff doesn’t sell well in the park…

I honestly believe splash merch will sell better than Tiana ride ever will, no matter how hard they push this ride to act like it’s a success.
Unlikely since they won’t make Splash merch anymore.

Smiley/OCD

WDI absolutely has to be questioned at this point?

What are they actually building that is good? The track record is now looking very bad. Everything is too much…and the results are too short or have awful stories and/or re-ride factors.

That’s if they work…which is a huge if.

The only recent wdw addition that is anywhere close to on par with its hype is guardians…which I know is not for everyone. But it’s a fun coaster…it’s space mountain or rnrcoaster 2.0…:where Isaac Newton is enough.

When it’s slow…mainly these mindless trackless efforts…they’re underwhelming.

I know a lot of this is the management…because the nut at the top should long be gone now…but WDI has to make lemonade out of lemon ideas too
The problem is they’re making plenty of lemonade…they just keep forgetting to add the sugar…I think this time they added salt…

TheRealSkull

Does anyone think Disney was expecting this much backlash? I think we got used to seeing Imagineering prove audiences wrong.

Wonder if they got cocky after their triumph of recent successes where they proved that all change is not necessarily a bad thing. One example I can think of is Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout.

Again, there's always going to be negative reviews to a change at first. But this is one of those special exceptions where the general reaction has been quite negative. Even content creators who have defended Disney this far for the change have been outweighing their pros with many cons.

There's no storyline. No buildup. Dead areas. Visually pretty, but you can only hide that for so long. And the opposite of that is what differs Imagineering and the Disney Parks from a Universal or Six Flags. That's why we hold them to such a high standard. Usually, each ride and attraction is handled with such artistry and care. To think Universal might top Disney next year with their new theme park finally might wake up WDI. I was never hoping to say that, but here we are. I hope they blow it out of the water because that's what is going to give us wonderful experiences from both sides in the future. It's why Cars Land was so amazing. I don't think they would have put in as much effort into Cars Land if it wasn't for Wizarding World.

Splash Mountain wasn't visually kept as it were "up to date" according to many people. But the general thrill, buildup to the drop, and catchy songs held the ride to be certified as a forever classic. Many people, like myself, put this on the Mount Rushmore of Disney attractions, one that would truly stick around from now until the end of time.

I wish that Disney had updated Splash Mountain instead of retheming it entirely. It would have shut up the naysayers who had complained about the off-putting lighting and poor state of animatronics, that Splash Mountain was a ride truly worth keeping forever. If only. Man if only. To think that now the majority of people are starting to appreciate now what was so hard for them to appreciate before is surreal.

Moral of the story is, be careful what you wish for. Especially in this era of Imagineering.

davis_unoxx

Does anyone think Disney was expecting this much backlash? I think we got used to seeing Imagineering prove audiences wrong.

Wonder if they got cocky after their triumph of recent successes where they proved that all change is not necessarily a bad thing. One example I can think of is Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout.

Again, there's always going to be negative reviews to a change at first. But this is one of those special exceptions where the general reaction has been quite negative. Even content creators who have defended Disney this far for the change have been outweighing their pros with many cons.

There's no storyline. No buildup. Dead areas. Visually pretty, but you can only hide that for so long. And the opposite of that is what differs Imagineering and the Disney Parks from a Universal or Six Flags. That's why we hold them to such a high standard. Usually, each ride and attraction is handled with such artistry and care.

Splash Mountain wasn't visually kept as it were "up to date" according to many people. But the general thrill, buildup to the drop, and catchy songs held the ride to be certified as a forever classic. Many people, like myself, put this on the Mount Rushmore of Disney attractions, one that would truly stick around from now until the end of time.

I wish that Disney had updated Splash Mountain instead of retheming it entirely. It would have shut up the naysayers who had complained about the off-putting lighting and poor state of animatronics, that Splash Mountain was a ride truly worth keeping forever. If only. Man if only. To think that now the majority of people are starting to appreciate now what was so hard for them to appreciate before is surreal.

Moral of the story is, be careful what you wish for. Especially in this era of Imagineering.
Yes exactly!

I would get downvoted on reddit when I said the Tokyo version animatronics looked fantastic, and opened a day apart from WDW version of ride. I said this in response to people saying the ride was dated LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom