News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Chi84

Premium Member
I’m pretty new to this forum overall and I just hope that this thread isn’t representative of how every conversation on every new thing goes because this has been miserable lmao

I’m all for criticizing The Mouse because there’s a lot of it they deserve but this has been genuinely way too much nonsense and hullaballoo for no legitimate reason.
It’s pretty exceptional.

Trauma

Its just really amazing that you think general audiences aren’t gonna love this because the Disney fandom has been mixed on it. Time has proven that what the fandom thinks doesn’t really matter and that the GP will ride and enjoy most things because they’re not this emotionally invested.

What are you all gonna say when this ride opens and proves to be popular and people love it? Where is the goal post gonna shift then?
I’m not going to engage with your trolling. I don’t know who you are but find someone else.

JD80

I’m pretty new to this forum overall and I just hope that this thread isn’t representative of how every conversation on every new thing goes because this has been miserable lmao

I’m all for criticizing The Mouse because there’s a lot of it they deserve but this has been genuinely way too much nonsense and hullaballoo for no legitimate reason.

Unfortunately there are quite a handful of regular posters who regularly bash, dismiss and just straight up bring down the conversation every chance they get. I would suggest a heavy use of the ignore feature.

JD80

The concept for Disneyland began when Walt Disney was visiting Griffith Park in Los Angeles with his daughters Diane and Sharon. While watching them ride the merry-go-round, he came up with the idea of a place where adults and their children could go and have fun together, though this idea lay dormant for many years.

That's cool, keep insulting a grandfather who wants to have fun with his grandkids. I'm sure Walt would love that about you.

Trauma

Unfortunately there are quite a handful of regular posters who regularly bash, dismiss and just straight up bring down the conversation every chance they get. I would suggest a heavy use of the ignore feature.
Yeah it’s just a small group of posters here.

Not the entire Sphere of Disney Park fans from all over the world, dumping on this ride on every platform available.

Chippah

One of the main problems I have with the whole thing is that you can't just look at the scenes and go "Oh here's how we got from A to B and why" Take the first three scenes with Louis and Tiana:
View attachment 789060
View attachment 789061
View attachment 789062

"OK Tiana is in the barn...Louis is causing trouble in the garden? Now we're listening to music? And music again?"

Now compare it to the same scenes in Splash:
View attachment 789058
View attachment 789059"Fox and Bear are clearly bad guys looking to catch Br'er Rabbit. Uh oh they caught Br'er Bear instead!" It was like a Looney Tunes episode brought to life. This new ride is just fluff.
Just random animatronics, so people can say, "Oh, wow! Did you see those animatronics!!!"

Brer Oswald

Or.. ‘Tiana’s Bayou Adventure: With Br’er Rabbit’

So the fix for the redo is this (ala Journey Into Your Imagination ‘09 to With Figment ‘02).. Tiana’s planning her critter band party just like the first redo but she discovers a new critter has wanted to join in on the fun, Br’er Rabbit and it happens he’s looking for his laughing place.. so what better way to get a laugh than to hijack/screw up/prank Tiana’s party plans every step of the way, Tiana getting annoyed with him ala Dr. Channing until the very end when Tiana finally learns from Br’er Rabbit “Everybody’s Got a Laughin’ Place, it’s just people need to take the time to look for it.” and it ends with her, her friends, and Br’er Rabbit and some reused AAs from the previous ride laughing altogether at the end/finale

Just a way to rub salt on the wound like With Figment did on the fan complaints surrounding the redo, under the masquerade of a “return/comeback”.
The sad thing is...I could see them doing something like this 😂

Brer Oswald

I get your point, but that seems to also speak to the horrifically bad management and leadership of WDW, and Magic Kingdom Park especially, over the past 20 years. That park is so woefully under capacity that it's nearly criminal. No wonder the guests are breaking out info fistfights regularly now, the pressure is too high in that park.

The leaders who have been in charge of Magic Kingdom Park are not good showmen, and they have no sense of hospitality. Or so their decisions over the past 20 years would seem to show.

I just posted this over in the Disneyland version of this thread, where the general sentiment from the West Coasters on this new ride is unimpressed and disappointed, but there's still a mild hope that it will somehow be improved with Disneyland's faster and more frenetic version of Splash Mountain's ride system. But at Disneyland, even if Tiana's Bayou Adventure is a noticeable downgrade from Splash Mountain, there's a couple dozen extra rides for customers to work with during their day, and almost a half dozen extra E Tickets at Disneyland compared to Magic Kingdom.

That would seem to lessen the pressure on Tiana to be the big hit at Disneyland it does not appear to be at WDW.

Magic Kingdom Park = 8 E Tickets, including Tiana's Bayou Adventure
Disneyland Park = 13 E Tickets, including Tiana's Bayou Adventure (and that's counting MMRR as a D Ticket)

MK E Tickets (Jungle, Pirates, Tiana, Thunder, Mansion, Small World, Tron, Space)
DL E Tickets (Jungle, Indy, Pirates, Mansion, Tiana, RoTR, MF:SR, Thunder, Small World, Matterhorn, Submarines, Space, Star Tours)
It is absolutely a worse scenario for MK than it is DL. Even if this ride stinks in DL, it doesn't really matter.

At MK, it was the equivalent to DL's PotC. And there are way less attractions in general. Absolute disaster.

JD80

Yeah I guess I should.

The fact the conversation has devolved into “It doesn’t matter that the ride sucks because people will still wait in line for it” has me upset.

I figured at some point Disney fans would hold the company accountable for their actions. If this latest disaster isn’t enough nothing really is.

If I attacked you somewhere in a previous post I apologize. I just don’t get this insanity.

Does no one else care about the quality of the product ?

The world is big and has a varied amount of opinions. You should not be angry and rude to those that have different ones.

seabreezept813

While I don’t disagree with holding Disney to a standard I do think that part of what is missing in these discussions is seeing through a child’s eyes. I miss the Great Movie Ride terribly but I love Mickey because it’s fun but mostly because of the magic my kids have experienced riding it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom