News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Kamikaze

Yes, along with Pecos Bill. New Orleans would work reasonably well next to Pirates of the Caribbean (heck, PotC is in New Orleans in DL).

We will see if they do it. Facade changes would need to begin pretty soon.
I thought the idea was more of a mini New Orleans Square area than to make it Adventureland.

Bocabear

I thought the idea was more of a mini New Orleans Square area than to make it Adventureland.
That whole internal courtyard queue area could be made into a literal New Orleans Square back there...but I have a feeling they will keep the stuff closer to the Salt Dome looking like the Bayou... Who ever thought that one day we would be calling it a Salt Dome? lol

MerlinTheGoat

A reformatting of the Pecos Bill corner has recently cropped up on this site and i've also heard there's truth in it. I don't have any idea when they'd start working on it though. I guess it's plausible that it could come after the ride opens, given that they're moving pretty quickly with that.

I don't actually mind this idea if they put the proper effort in. As long as the Country Bears show isn't compromised (which is more Tennessee anyway, and also far enough away that it shouldn't cause too much interference with the New Orleans stuff).

yensidtlaw1969

Actually the backstory of the ride was that Bre'r Rabbit was tired of his life and was setting out on new adventures... The thing that people are finding problematic is the source material for the movie that lightly inspired the ride... The ride had nothing racist in it... it had all been scrubbed and sanitized... We have to stop promoting the narrative that the actual ride was racist.... It was a beautiful piece of storytelling start to finish .
No, that's not quite true.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

A reformatting of the Pecos Bill corner has recently cropped up on this site and i've also heard there's truth in it. I don't have any idea when they'd start working on it though. I guess it's plausible that it could come after the ride opens, given that they're moving pretty quickly with that.

I don't actually mind this idea if they put the proper effort in. As long as the Country Bears show isn't compromised (which is more Tennessee anyway, and also far enough away that it shouldn't cause too much interference with the New Orleans stuff).
Interesting. Looks like they’re going the route they did with MBO>>Avengers Campus at DCA or TSMM>>TS Land at DHS.

I.e. build the ride first then as “phase two” tear down and rebuild/retheme the surrounding area to match the new attraction thereafter.

Mike S

Yes. An example of a fantastic ride not being about dealing with a villain.

So, yeah. Really.
There’s a big difference in quality of those villains. People don’t care so much for the RDA, they do care about Facilier. Same goes for Frozen not having that great of a villain.

Not to mention when this layover was first announced everyone and their mother wanted the same thing: “ARE YOU READY?!?!?!” before the drop.

Kamikaze

As it was explained to me, it becomes a district of Adventureland. Adventureland already has the area around Pirates which is very different from the area around JC/Carpets. It could accommodate more diversity at this point.
Correct, it is, but there's no reason to call it Adventureland at that point. Just call it NOS like DL.

FettFan

Correct, it is, but there's no reason to call it Adventureland at that point. Just call it NOS like DL.

images

Bocabear

Our Pirates is set in the Caribbean including your departure point...with that being basically Caribbean Square...perhaps if they changed the theming after you passed under the archway heading towards Splash...but not around Pirates...Leave that as it is. That would make a much smaller area to transform...but again, if they are going to be ready for the ride, they are probably already a year late...

MerlinTheGoat

Our Pirates is set in the Caribbean including your departure point...with that being basically Caribbean Square...perhaps if they changed the theming after you passed under the archway heading towards Splash...but not around Pirates...Leave that as it is. That would make a much smaller area to transform...but again, if they are going to be ready for the ride, they are probably already a year late...
Tokyo Disneyland has a New Orleans Square (including a very similar copy of DL's Pirates and the associated facades, restaurants and shops). Though it's not considered a separate land, it's a part of Adventureland. Perhaps because unlike DL, it's JUST Pirates there, no connecting Haunted Mansion or Riverboat (or soon to be Tiana's ride) like at DL. So there might not be enough content for them to have classified it as a "full" land of its own. Not to mention that Pirates itself is acts as a sort of transitional ride into Adventureland even at Disneyland.

Transitioning into the Caribbean from a small New Orleans themed corner is a probably a fairly reasonable solution, especially compared to just leaving this stuff as-is. Provided they don't do it on the cheap. I would imagine they would leave the entrance archway into Adventureland alone (no reason to mess with it), but there's a decently long walkway with little there aside from the side of Pecos Bill and the Golden Oak Outpost concession stand. There's plenty they can do to aid the transition in that corner.

MerlinTheGoat

You aren't looking forward to 9:55 of being preached at/bored to death with 0:05 of plunging into the depths of a salt mine?
I've said this before, I do not expect to see much of the rightly maligned Salt Mine backstory and such when the actual ride "begins". I would guess that's largely going to be contained to the queue and parts of the exterior. I think that following the first drop, the ride will become almost exclusively a "critters playing instruments" affair.

Kamikaze

Tokyo Disneyland has a New Orleans Square (including a very similar copy of DL's Pirates and the associated facades, restaurants and shops). Though it's not considered a separate land, it's a part of Adventureland. Perhaps because unlike DL, it's JUST Pirates there, no connecting Haunted Mansion or Riverboat (or soon to be Tiana's ride) like at DL. So there might not be enough content for them to have classified it as a "full" land of its own. Not to mention that Pirates itself is acts as a sort of transitional ride into Adventureland even at Disneyland.

Transitioning into the Caribbean from a small New Orleans themed corner is a probably a fairly reasonable solution, especially compared to just leaving this stuff as-is. Provided they don't do it on the cheap. I would imagine they would leave the entrance archway into Adventureland alone (no reason to mess with it), but there's a decently long walkway with little there aside from the side of Pecos Bill and the Golden Oak Outpost concession stand. There's plenty they can do to aid the transition in that corner.
I mean, they consider Liberty Square its own land and that has one large vehicle, one attraction, and one show. A proposed New Orleans Square would have two attractions. I don't see how it would be any different to just call it its own thing instead of shoehorning them together.

Mike S

When seeing this in person I was utterly shocked at how the removal of a single element completely threw off the carefully designed forced perspective of this ride and how tiny it now looked.

I was also under the impression that for a while now all of these types of effects sort of stopped being as effective as I grew older and grew a more discerning eye.

Nope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom