News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

DCBaker

Premium Member
Some highlights from a Q&A with Carmen Smith, Charita Carter & Ted Robledo.

Question: Can you clarify which of the characters we’ve seen will physically be present in the ride? For example, the PJ art or Naveen’s little brother?

Charita:
OK, well … playing back in my mind, everything that you have seen … I believe the answer is everything that you have seen will be manifested in a physical form. So when you saw earlier at the Jazz Museum, you saw the baby little brother Ralphie, he will be physically there with a physical drum set that was inspired by the drum set that we saw. The possum that you see in PJ's painting, she will be there. They all have names that I think we're going to be revealing, but yes, we have – I think Ted mentioned we have 17 new characters, and all of those characters will be represented as Audio Animatronics.

And then of course, what we call our hero characters, the main characters Tiana and Naveen, and of course, Louis, will all be physical animatronics. Does that answer your question? And, of course, Mama Odie. How can you forget Mama Odie?

Question: I have a quick two-parter question. Imagineering has a long history of sort of recycling some old things or reusing things, adding Easter eggs to attractions. And since Mark Davis built that incredible America Sings attraction that Tony Baxter then moved those animatronics over to Splash Mountain, do you all have any of the characters that we might see again in a different way or any other little Easter eggs to Splash Mountain?

Carmen:
I say, you know, surprise. I say we don't want to, we want you … I think the ride is also a discovery, and I think when you find Easter Eggs it's like “Wow” and I don't think we want to give that away just yet.

Question: You're killing me. The other half of that is you've extended the storyline at Disneyland with Tiana's Palace restaurant and Eudora’s Chic Boutique shop. Will Walt Disney World get a similar treatment?

Carmen:
I will say, can't say. Stay tuned.

Question: Is the attraction going to be tied at all to the Disney+ series?

Charita:
Well, I think what we can say is just like we've been working with Walt Disney Animation Studio on the attraction itself, we have had a number of sessions with the Disney+ team, so it's very important to understand and have continuity along those lines. And I think that's really all I can say about that. But we are a very collaborating organization.

Carmen: This is something that you'll find out more about probably in 2024, but when I think about Tiana, someone asked a question about outfits, and I also work for Consumer Products, Games and Publishing, and I think about how we're going to express her story, her clothing in so many different ways. If you go to ESSENCE Fest coming up, you'll probably get a sneak preview of some things that we're thinking about. But again, we want people of every age and every walk of life to enjoy Tiana in some way, and we’re going to have that for you.

Full Q&A below.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
  • The attractions overall story will touch on some new themes
    • Tiana’s father being a WWI veteran and what’s it like for an African American man to fight for his country back then
    • Tiana’s mom made dresses not only for Charlotte but for other clients in the community which served as an inspiration for Tiana’s entrepreneurship
    • New representation of the other nationalities that make up New Orleans including Philippines, Mexico, Caribbean, nations of Africa and China
Psssst. Disney. Disney. Disney. Iger. Damaro. Whoever.....This a log flume

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

More details on music coming to Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

"PJ Morton is writing, arranging and producing the original song for the attraction. He is performing on and producing the sessions in New Orleans of all-new arrangements of the song, as well as songs from “The Princess and the Frog” within the attraction. On the trip, we had the pleasure to discuss our collaboration with him at the historic Preservation Hall.

Terence Blanchard is helming music arrangement for the attraction’s queue. Terence is working with us to select songs from “The Princess and the Frog,” as well as iconic themes from New Orleans. Just like Tiana’s recipes, the music will combine a medley of instrumental ingredients to cook up something worth savoring."

"The music will borrow from several musical styles that either originated or took up permanent residence in New Orleans. Some of our brand-new Audio-Animatronics figures will bring the invigorating sounds of New Orleans to life. Take this new rendering of Prince Naveen’s brother, Ralphie, for example. It’s a scene you commonly see in New Orleans: the joie de vivre influencing his every movement as he jams to the beat of his songful soul. Or this band of friendly critters playing joyful Zydeco-style music."

View attachment 720463

The figure is even uglier up close.

Tha Realest

• Tiana’s father being a WWI veteran and what’s it like for an African American man to fight for his country back then
    • Tiana’s mom made dresses not only for Charlotte but for other clients in the community which served as an inspiration for Tiana’s entrepreneurship
    • New representation of the other nationalities that make up New Orleans including Philippines, Mexico, Caribbean, nations of Africa and China
Seems they’ve lost the plot - unless the “plot” is feel good empowerment.

JohnD

I really don't mind a rethemed ride with Tiana and the gang just having a fun time in the Louisiana bayou. I just hope that the socially relevant plotlines don't bog it down.

Drdcm

The 17 new characters is a fascinating announcement. Makes me suspect they’re removing a lot of the old animatronics. I guess we’ll have to see.

I hope we get animation screens a la Mexico pavilion. That just screams effort and class.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Mr. Disney, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered an interesting ride. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Some highlights from a Q&A with Carmen Smith, Charita Carter & Ted Robledo.

Question: Can you clarify which of the characters we’ve seen will physically be present in the ride? For example, the PJ art or Naveen’s little brother?

Charita:
OK, well … playing back in my mind, everything that you have seen … I believe the answer is everything that you have seen will be manifested in a physical form. So when you saw earlier at the Jazz Museum, you saw the baby little brother Ralphie, he will be physically there with a physical drum set that was inspired by the drum set that we saw. The possum that you see in PJ's painting, she will be there. They all have names that I think we're going to be revealing, but yes, we have – I think Ted mentioned we have 17 new characters, and all of those characters will be represented as Audio Animatronics.

And then of course, what we call our hero characters, the main characters Tiana and Naveen, and of course, Louis, will all be physical animatronics. Does that answer your question? And, of course, Mama Odie. How can you forget Mama Odie?

Question: I have a quick two-parter question. Imagineering has a long history of sort of recycling some old things or reusing things, adding Easter eggs to attractions. And since Mark Davis built that incredible America Sings attraction that Tony Baxter then moved those animatronics over to Splash Mountain, do you all have any of the characters that we might see again in a different way or any other little Easter eggs to Splash Mountain?

Carmen:
I say, you know, surprise. I say we don't want to, we want you … I think the ride is also a discovery, and I think when you find Easter Eggs it's like “Wow” and I don't think we want to give that away just yet.

Question: You're killing me. The other half of that is you've extended the storyline at Disneyland with Tiana's Palace restaurant and Eudora’s Chic Boutique shop. Will Walt Disney World get a similar treatment?

Carmen:
I will say, can't say. Stay tuned.

Question: Is the attraction going to be tied at all to the Disney+ series?

Charita:
Well, I think what we can say is just like we've been working with Walt Disney Animation Studio on the attraction itself, we have had a number of sessions with the Disney+ team, so it's very important to understand and have continuity along those lines. And I think that's really all I can say about that. But we are a very collaborating organization.

Carmen: This is something that you'll find out more about probably in 2024, but when I think about Tiana, someone asked a question about outfits, and I also work for Consumer Products, Games and Publishing, and I think about how we're going to express her story, her clothing in so many different ways. If you go to ESSENCE Fest coming up, you'll probably get a sneak preview of some things that we're thinking about. But again, we want people of every age and every walk of life to enjoy Tiana in some way, and we’re going to have that for you.

Full Q&A below.

The Q&A leaves a lot more questions than answers. At the very least I hope the gopher that says "GO FSU" in the WDW version and Rufus the bear in DL stay in the attraction. I wanted the Zip-a-Dee Lady to stay in as well but I guarantee you the name's getting changed.

Bocabear

Every possible storyline from every ethnic people that lived in the New Orleans river delta will be included...lol... Messy is right... and still there is no Facilier...no villain... Just lots of people that were not part of the plot or storyline of the source material...I don't get it...How much more can they cram into this attraction? A little worried about new animation for screens....

Tha Realest

Sounds like what everyone wanted when they were saying that Disney better not cheap out and there better be AAs.
“Everyone:” I hope we can get Dr. Facilier or Louis!

WDI:
1685634416594.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom