News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

ToTBellHop

I still feel like this would make more sense with a calm boat ride basically in lieu of Storybook Land for WDW. It's all calm and fun and then "suddenly, there's a drop! And another...and another...and then one more but like really big!"

I guess we are just randomly going over waterfalls for no reason. As one does in Louisiana...

PJ Morton is excellent. Feels like a surprisingly out-of-the-box choice for Disney, but I'm really excited to see what he comes up with.

Drdcm

Sounds like what everyone wanted when they were saying that Disney better not cheap out and there better be AAs.
It doesn’t really say anything about the number of animatronics though. Just that the main characters and 17 other animatronics. Could literally be 22 total based on her statement.

Cmdr_Crimson

I guess we are just randomly going over waterfalls for no reason. As one does in Louisiana...
Unless, someone from the "other side" is seeking revenge....
5f711b645b94593e7b689810b8126cf36e5626cb.gif

Surferboy567

With every update I worry more about this attraction. Maybe it will all come together in the end, was it so hard to make it a book report ride?

Did they really have to shoehorn all these weird elements. I have no issue with Tiana owning a co-op, her dad being a veteran etc. It all just seems very shoehorned this is a log flume it doesn’t seem to fit with these themes.

Mike S

• The attractions overall story will touch on some new themes
    • Tiana’s father being a WWI veteran and what’s it like for an African American man to fight for his country back then
    • Tiana’s mom made dresses not only for Charlotte but for other clients in the community which served as an inspiration for Tiana’s entrepreneurship
    • New representation of the other nationalities that make up New Orleans including Philippines, Mexico, Caribbean, nations of Africa and China
Psssst. Disney. Disney. Disney. Iger. Damaro. Whoever.....This a log flume
IMG_6540.jpeg

Surferboy567

Is it me or does it seem like every update seems more and more vague? Like they are giving us concepts about how true they are being to New Orleans but nothing actually concrete about the actual attraction?

Maybe I’m expecting too much?

Also please take special note of this:

Question: You're killing me. The other half of that is you've extended the storyline at Disneyland with Tiana's Palace restaurant and Eudora’s Chic Boutique shop. Will Walt Disney World get a similar treatment?

Carmen:
I will say, can't say. Stay tuned.

Full Q&A below.

Could that rumor about the retheming of Frontierland be true?

Bocabear

Be serious, for once.
ok...my serious take is they have packed this ride with some much miscellany and unnecessary information it is sounding less and less like Tiana from Princess and the Frog... When you try to include everything and everyone in the world, you tend to lose the point and the actual characters... Hard to believe I would say it, but at this point I would actually have preferred a book report ride....at least it would feature the characters from the film...not people we don't know from a storyline cast 10 years into the future....
I love that they are doing research and all, but this seems like "New Orleans Historical Splash Museum Mountain" where the unsaid back story is more important than the actual attraction....

CaptainAmerica

I’m sure the queue loop will be lovely but they are really making it harder by the day for this to fit in Frontierland.
They got voodoo, they got hoodoo, they got things they ain't even tried.

I do appreciate how earnestly they are trying to avoid cultural appropriation.
exasperated-idris-elba.gif

This is a theme park ride based on an animated movie based on a centuries-old fairytale and set roughly in an actual historical place and time period. The entire endeavor is cultural appropriation. Cultural appropriation is good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom