News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

In the Parks
No
part of being a master story-teller is knowing how to edit and keep focus on the story....something that seems completely lacking in their own press releases... seriously....
If there's one thing we can agree on, the old-school Imagineers were master storytellers, and none of the rides designed by them had this much convoluted detail and scope condensed into a 10 minute theme park attraction. It truly is laughable.

dreday3

These types topics can be examples of when thoughtful discussion just isn't allowed.

There can be two things happening at once. The backstory of the ride was offensive and needed to be changed, but it can also be said the new ride is now creating a convoluted storyline just to prove how inclusive Disney is.

But people both sides of the issue deem every person must choose a side (their side) and if someone doesn't, then they are either racist or woke (woke being used as an insult).

God Bless America.

In the Parks
No
1685640085075.png

So maybe one of the show scenes is Tiana and her mother discussing her father's experience as a WWI vet? While a random person plays the saxophone in their living room?

LittleBuford

There are plans that would remove TEA from Frontierland but they are purposely avoiding any statements on what they’ll do as we saw in this Q&A. Not sure why. They seem more focused on using this as a cultural showpiece rather than highlighting how it will look and feel in an actual theme park.
I’m sure it’s very obvious, but what’s TEA?

TheMaxRebo

There are plans that would remove TBA from Frontierland but they are purposely avoiding any statements on what they’ll do as we saw in this Q&A. Not sure why. They seem more focused on using this as a cultural showpiece rather than highlighting how it will look and feel in an actual theme park.

So far the promotional stuff seems to be coming from research trips and this specific case is taking place in New Orleans so makes sense of where the focus has been in what shared

I would love to see more models and set pieces and stuff - I assume that will be more of the focus of what is covered at D23 in September, but guess we shall see

Bocabear

These types topics can be examples of when thoughtful discussion just isn't allowed.

There can be two things happening at once. The backstory of the ride was offensive and needed to be changed, but it can also be said the new ride is now creating a convoluted storyline just to prove how inclusive Disney is.

But people both sides of the issue deem every person must choose a side (their side) and if someone doesn't, then they are either racist or woke (woke being used as an insult).

God Bless America.
Actually the backstory of the ride was that Bre'r Rabbit was tired of his life and was setting out on new adventures... The thing that people are finding problematic is the source material for the movie that lightly inspired the ride... The ride had nothing racist in it... it had all been scrubbed and sanitized... We have to stop promoting the narrative that the actual ride was racist.... It was a beautiful piece of storytelling start to finish .

dreday3

Actually the backstory of the ride was that Bre'r Rabbit was tired of his life and was setting out on new adventures... The thing that people are finding problematic is the source material for the movie that lightly inspired the ride... The ride had nothing racist in it... it had all been scrubbed and sanitized... We have to stop promoting the narrative that the actual ride was racist.... It was a beautiful piece of storytelling start to finish .

That's what I meant by backstory, sorry. I meant the story the ride was based on, not the ride itself.

brettf22

Premium Member
New representation of the other nationalities that make up New Orleans including Philippines, Mexico, Caribbean, nations of Africa and China

Wait…Mexicans? Filipinos?
The "representation of other nationalities" is an interesting take. According to DataCenterResearch.org, whites and blacks were the only races of statistically significant number in New Orleans in 1920.

NewOrleans.jpg

MerlinTheGoat

Does bring up the question will the Tiana and Naveen look as good as these newer AA's they are rolling out lately.. I'm sure by Destination D they may show more details...
Or will they be the creepy faceless AAs with projections on them (Kristoff, Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Mickey, Minnie, Dwarfs).
Don’t look into Tiana’s deadlights!
I specifically asked my source about this because I wanted to know as well, and they've seen a handful of the new AA's. I was told they won't be using facial projection. It sounds like they're going to be using high quality figures like the BATB ones (they're described as state of the art, so i would guess the major characters will be A1000's like that Belle one).

I'm kind of curious if Disney is moving away from facial projection, at least for major human centerpiece figures. While Tokyo is getting a new and different Frozen ride with non-projected A1000 figures, even the ones being built in Paris and Hong Kong (which are said to be clones of the inferior Epcot version) are getting an improved main non-projected Elsa AA based on Tokyo's (not sure if the other figures are getting non-projected faces as well, we'll see).

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yes, along with Pecos Bill. New Orleans would work reasonably well next to Pirates of the Caribbean (heck, PotC is in New Orleans in DL).

We will see if they do it. Facade changes would need to begin pretty soon.
Are they still talking about retheming Pecos Bills?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It’s like making a little mermaid ride only there is no Ursula (cause she’s dead) and instead we find out about Sebastian’s brother who has been adopted to be the pet of Alexander Hamilton while he is in the Caribbean and he inspired Alexander to move to New York City.
Or Flight of Passage and we're not fighting the RDA!!

lightningtap347

I am a little concerned that an artist with no compositional or orchestral work to speak of - whose most notable achievement is a late stage addition to Maroon 5 - appears to be spearheading (and rearranging) the soundtrack to this attraction.
I'm a little concerned in your research skills if you believe that to be his only notable achievement and not the four Grammy's the man has won.

There's plenty to complain about on this project, but I'll commend them when they do something right. With PJ at the helm, the music is gonna be great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom