Thomas Kinkade releasing new painting of Cinderella's Castle

bgraham34

Oh wow, I just love his work. I always tell my wife one day we will own his one of his pieces. I can't wait to see this completed.

MeTa

I have the Disneyland version framed ( i think it about an 8x10) but I wil not be able to get there till next year for this one. Is there any way I will be able to. It would finish the set in my dining room.

Shimmer73083

If anyone is going to be there, I would love to pay you to pick up an 11X14 print and a pin for me. Do you think he would sign the 11x14? :D

I am moving next weekend and already have a different Kinkade framed and ready to hang in my new living room. of course, I can't afford the real deal so it is a puzzle I framed :eek:

Feel free to email me if you can pick me up a print shimmer73083@gmail.com

I really appreciate it!!! Thanks!!!
:wave:

Cynderella

Will you be able to buy any of these prints after the 20th? I'd love to try and get one when we come for the day in November.

RLMickey

The event was posted a while ago on Disney World official website.

"We are delighted to announce that world-renowned artist, Thomas Kinkade will be at Exposition Hall at Magic Kingdom Part the afternoon of Saturday, October 20, 2007. Commissioned by the Walt Disney World Resort, Thomas Kinkade has captured the majesty of the Cinderella Castle in his unique new masterpiece, A New Day at the Cinderella Castle. Guests are invited to meet Thomas Kinkade at Expo Hall between 11:00am and 1:00pm...All pieces purchased on Saturday, October 20, 2007 will be hand signed by Thomas Kinkade. This is not a signing event. We ask that you bring no personal items from home to be signed."

"A New Day at the Cinderella Castle piece will be offered in the following formats: giclee on canvas and giclee on paper. Both the canvas and paper giclee will come in the following editions; Standard Numbered Limited Edition as well as Artist Proof Limited Edition."
:wave:

ImaYoyo

This is part of a reg123 event, you would have to be there the day-of to get the print. Here's the event-services link to the event, with information on the prints and the breakfast, so on and so forth:

http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x91695a7a2&varPage=location

If you cannot make it to the event, you can call event services and be added to the "Wish-List", which is first come-first served, for any remaining event product.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is part of a reg123 event, you would have to be there the day-of to get the print. Here's the event-services link to the event, with information on the prints and the breakfast, so on and so forth:

http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x91695a7a2&varPage=location

If you cannot make it to the event, you can call event services and be added to the "Wish-List", which is first come-first served, for any remaining event product.
Any idea on a price or the number being made?

PintoColvig

Back in Aug. on our trip to DL, we saw that a few limited editions of the Sleeping Beauty Castle painting were still available. It was a great temptation but we didn't bite. Now we'll have to fight off the temptation at WDW.

MKCP 1985

been looking at this for awhile now, but rainbows and deer . . . where are the unicorns? :rolleyes:

So disappointing, too, because it could have been so much better. :(

Still, I will be at the MK on Saturday at the Exposition Hall between 11:00 and 1:00 to check it out, just in case it turned out better than it looks in the sneak peek.

MKCP 1985

Back in Aug. on our trip to DL, we saw that a few limited editions of the Sleeping Beauty Castle painting were still available. It was a great temptation but we didn't bite. Now we'll have to fight off the temptation at WDW.

There are still plenty for sale at his website, so don't fret! To me, the Disneyland painting looks much better than the Cinderella Castle painting, based on what's been released for viewing so far. :shrug:

Buried20KLeague

Not to hijack the thread... But this is a great opportunity for me to ask those that might know...

Is there anywhere on line to buy the sort of high end artsy type things they have in, say, the Art of Disney store at DD?

SirNim

Not to hijack the thread... But this is a great opportunity for me to ask those that might know...

Is there anywhere on line to buy the sort of high end artsy type things they have in, say, the Art of Disney store at DD?
eBay.

Or you could call WDW Merchandise Mail Order...I would think there would be no restrictions on telephone orders... Assuming you know what you want...

But I can't recall any high-end Disney-run websites selling the high-end, limited edition stuff...

dandaman

Kinkade is known to hide little messages to his wife and family in his paintings, and the Disneyland pieces are no different. The Disneyland painting, for example, had a full portrait of his entire family, not to mention 50 Hidden Mickeys. When asked about the new work, Kinkade replies coyly, "Well, there is the possibility that a Hidden Mickey or two has made its way there, but we'll leave that up to the collectors to find."

Promote this man. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom