Thomas Kinkade releasing new painting of Cinderella's Castle

The Mom

Premium Member
Hello, I am replying to the posts about my post. BTW I'm a girl :wave: and my name is Kayce. I am not trying to sell you, but to inform you where you can get these paintings.

But you will profit if someone uses your link and buys one from YOUR gallery, which means that you are posting a link for your own financial gain, which is not allowed without permission from the administrator.

PintoColvig

If I come across mean then I offer my apologies. But helpful or not, whether you get a commission or not, it's still against forum rules. Besides, no one knows you here. Who can vouch for you? Honestly, those with the funds to afford a TK painting are probably astute enough to track down the painting on their own.

MeTa

Does anyone know if the paintings sold in the park are going to have the LE frame for the 8x10ish size? When i got the DL version i boiught the frame with the gold 50th stamp on the matte. Also if they are doing this does anyone know where i canget one without getting to the parks?

THANKS!

happymom52003

Original Poster
Does anyone know if the paintings sold in the park are going to have the LE frame for the 8x10ish size? When i got the DL version i boiught the frame with the gold 50th stamp on the matte. Also if they are doing this does anyone know where i canget one without getting to the parks?

THANKS!

Do you have a Thomas Kinkade Gallery near you? You can get them there now. Or call a gallery and order it. I went to my local gallery a couple of weeks ago and they had it....it was AMAZING in person! I almost talked my husband into getting it for me for Christmas.....almost. Didn't happen.:ROFLOL:
I do not know the answer to your first question, but I am sure if you call on official Thomas Kinkade gallery they can answer it for you. Go to the Thomas Kinkade website and you can locate a gallery.

edit: I just read your question again, and I might have misunderstood. Are you only wanting an 8x10 size? I am not sure if those are available at the galleries....just the larger (and very expensive!) ones. But a gallery should be able to answer your questions.

shoppingnut

I've bought mine and just waiting for it to come into the Gallery. They only had one of the large ones on display which I thought was way too big and besides didn't have a space for that size. I really like the rainbow with tinkerbell over the castle. I also do like the side view as it is not so "in your face" as the DL one. I also think the DL one looks very squished, like they were squishing main street up into the hub.

Art is very individual and not everyone likes the same thing. And, just because you don't like someone's work doesn't mean they are not an artist. For instance Pollack's work is something I don't care for as I think it is something a two year old can do, but the Met has a different opinion and I respect that.

RNRguy

yeah i went and looked at it today for a christmas gift.. she said they would have to order the bigger size for me. it will make a good christmas gift, since we just was there a few weeks ago,. i can splurg and get it !.lol

MeTa

There actually is a Gallery near me, I just dont want to buy it then find out disney sells it with a custom frame like the one we got at DL. I kinda would want the matching set if it was sold. Any more info would be great though. Thanks.

happymom52003

Original Poster
There actually is a Gallery near me, I just dont want to buy it then find out disney sells it with a custom frame like the one we got at DL. I kinda would want the matching set if it was sold. Any more info would be great though. Thanks.

I wonder if you could buy it through the WDW mail order, like you can other merchandise that is sold in the parks? Here is the contact info in case you do not have it already: http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/mailorder.htm

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Art is very individual and not everyone likes the same thing. And, just because you don't like someone's work doesn't mean they are not an artist. For instance Pollack's work is something I don't care for as I think it is something a two year old can do, but the Met has a different opinion and I respect that.

I won't deny that Kinkade is a talented painter. Anyone who denies it is blind. However, he is not an artists- there is nothing personal about his paintings. There is no emotion in them.

Pollack on the other hand, was not what I would call a talented painter. However, his work is art in that I can see the rage and emotion in his work.

And now, I shall take off my beret.

happymom52003

Original Poster
From the online American Heritage Dictionary: I think Thomas Kinkade fits the description, as does anyone who creates art.;)

art·ist (är
prime.gif
t
ibreve.gif
st) [SIZE=-2]KEY [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]NOUN: [/SIZE]

1. One, such as a painter, sculptor, or writer, who is able by virtue of imagination and talent or skill to create works of aesthetic value, especially in the fine arts.
  2. A person whose work shows exceptional creative ability or skill: [SIZE=+0]You are an artist in the kitchen.[/SIZE]
  3. One, such as an actor or singer, who works in the performing arts.

mkt

Premium Member
From the online American Heritage Dictionary: I think Thomas Kinkade fits the description, as does anyone who creates art.;)

art·ist (är
prime.gif
t
ibreve.gif
st) [SIZE=-2]KEY [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]NOUN: [/SIZE]

1. One, such as a painter, sculptor, or writer, who is able by virtue of imagination and talent or skill to create works of aesthetic value, especially in the fine arts.
  2. A person whose work shows exceptional creative ability or skill: [SIZE=+0]You are an artist in the kitchen.[/SIZE]
  3. One, such as an actor or singer, who works in the performing arts.
Websters says,

Main Entry: art·ist
Pronunciation: \ˈär-tist\
Function: noun
Date: circa 1507
1 a: obsolete : one skilled or versed in learned arts barchaic : physician carchaic : artisan 1
2 a: one who professes and practices an imaginative art b: a person skilled in one of the fine arts
3: a skilled performer; especially : artiste
4: one who is adept at something <con artist> <strikeout artist>

and I'm certain that neither of the writers of either dictionary have earned an MFA or run their own art studios :) But I do think what they have done is failed at making an objective decision on what an artist is. It's somewhat impossible since art is purely subjective.

happymom52003

Original Poster
I'm certain that neither of the writers of either dictionary have earned an MFA or run their own art studios :) But I do think what they have done is failed at making an objective decision on what an artist is. It's somewhat impossible since art is purely subjective.

Yes, opinions on art are subjective. But defining who is and isn't an artist is not subjective. One who creates art is an artist.

mkt

Premium Member
I won't argue with you. My opinion will remain that, regardless of what you or anyone else has to say. Obviously someone who earns their living from their art is going to have a different opinion that those who don't.

Thomas Kinkade is not an artist.

shoppingnut

Pollack on the other hand, was not what I would call a talented painter. However, his work is art in that I can see the rage and emotion in his work.

Oh, yeah, rage and emotion on a canvas painted in just a plain blue, white or yellow color, so much went into that.

mkt

Premium Member
Oh, yeah, rage and emotion on a canvas painted in just a plain blue, white or yellow color, so much went into that.

Then you must be blind and completely devoid of any human emotion :)

Sometimes simplicity is the answer.

mkt

Premium Member
Was that insulting remark really necessary.

Opinions are opinions when it comes to art and artists.
It's not insulting, it's my opinion based on your opinion of Pollacks work. No cursing or namecalling was involved, just an opinion. :)

Art doesn't need to be pretty. It just needs to be an expression

RNRguy

actully went and orderd mine today . we orderdth 18 x24 paper for my mom for christmas!. it was the secon expensive on they had!. but oh well!. its christmas, its disney and its a thomas ! what better combo! lol

DarkMeasures

I haven't read this topic.

But shame on any of you for buying the painting. I'll let the article talk.

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/8363.html
http://www.readthehook.com/Stories/2006/03/02/newskinkade.html

Not only is he a really bad artist. But he abuses religion in ways it should not be done.

EDIT: I just read through the topic again. And really. Shame on you.

The guy is a really bad man.... and a pest to society.

"Then there’s this disturbing story: In the late 1990s, Kinkade was staying at a Disneyland Hotel near Anaheim, Calif., when he allegedly, um, “ritually marked” a statue of Winnie the Pooh."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom