Thomas Kinkade releasing new painting of Cinderella's Castle

shoppingnut

Not to hijack the thread... But this is a great opportunity for me to ask those that might know...

Is there anywhere on line to buy the sort of high end artsy type things they have in, say, the Art of Disney store at DD?

He has gallery stores in some malls, so you might want to check their website to see if a store is in a mall near you.

happymom52003

Original Poster
My wife said one day she'll have one of his paintings. This one may be the one.

I always said the same thing! I knew years and years ago that I would have one some day. And last year I finally convinced my DH to let me get one! And I ended up getting two:cool: (had to have a Christmas one too!). Now it looks like I am going to have to start begging for a third one!

Brian_WDW74

There are still plenty for sale at his website, so don't fret! To me, the Disneyland painting looks much better than the Cinderella Castle painting, based on what's been released for viewing so far. :shrug:

I just checked his website and all ordering options for the Disneyland painting are listed as "sold out". :confused:

kucarachi

what would jesus do?

Isnt he supposed to be some kind of christian painter? I dont remember jesus charging 2G's for some sears paint and a little Kinkade DNA. (Yes they do mix in his DNA with the paint so you know its real...but still........ewwww) I prefer to take a picture of it with my digital cam when im at the mall then go to kinkos and blow it up to a frame size.....nothing in the bible about taking pictures of pictures is there?

wdwmomof3

I never knew that he painted pictures of Disney. His work is amazing and just breathtaking. I looked at this one and while I really like it, I wish that the artist was not in it. It's still beautiful of course and I would love to have one but I would really love one of just the castle for my office.

DisneyChik17

I never knew that he painted pictures of Disney. His work is amazing and just breathtaking. I looked at this one and while I really like it, I wish that the artist was not in it. It's still beautiful of course and I would love to have one but I would really love one of just the castle for my office.

He's not in it. They took a picture of him painting it over his shoulder.

Disneyfalcon

I have the Disneyland version. I was there for the signing at DL too. It's awesome to have a signed copy, but he signed on the back. I bought the framed version so you can't even see the signature.:eek:

The frame by Disney is really neat though. There's hidden mickey's carved into the frame.

I do love it though. I wish I could get a signed one at WDW too, but I'll settle for a copy after the fact. The Thomas Kincade gallery near me was taking a list for orders.

hcswingfield

OK, I have to say this. I know a lot of people really admire Kincade's work, and pay a lot of money for it. I know he sells lots of paintings and other artistic knick-knacks. But he just isn't my taste at all. Way too close to kitsch for me. There, I've said it. :lookaroun

Nemo14

OK, I have to say this. I know a lot of people really admire Kincade's work, and pay a lot of money for it. I know he sells lots of paintings and other artistic knick-knacks. But he just isn't my taste at all. Way too close to kitsch for me. There, I've said it. :lookaroun
I have to agree with you there Harry - it's definitely not my taste, but to each his own!

happymom52003

Original Poster
I love his work so much that I designed my living room to make sure the Kinkade painting that I knew I would get one day would look good over my fireplace! I picked out my paint color, furnishings and window treatments knowing that I would want one of his cottage paintings hanging over my fireplace someday. And now I have it and it looks beautiful!:sohappy: The trick is going to be finding a place for the WDW one that I know I will end up getting. It will not really fit the decor of any room in my house, so it might have to go in a hallway.

bigtotoro

My wife is involved quite heavily in the art world and he is pretty well despised. Personally, I find his work to have sinister undertones. Oh well, art isn't really for the masses anyway.

happymom52003

Original Poster
My wife is involved quite heavily in the art world and he is pretty well despised. Personally, I find his work to have sinister undertones. Oh well, art isn't really for the masses anyway.

Oh well, everyone has different tastes. If we all liked the same style, the world would be a boring place! I respect anyone who has talent, even if their work is not my style. I can go to an art show and admire the talent of the artist, even if I would never be interested in buying one of their pieces. It is fine to express a disinterest in a particular artist, but to say that art isn't for the masses is kind of elitest, don't you think? Art is for everyone! Even for those of us who are not in "the art world".:wave:

bigtotoro

Not really. Just stating fact. The general public has been about 25 years behind every significant visual art movement of the past 200 years and the gap is growing wider every year. There seems to be very little effort made to understand and embrace art by the masses outside of what they would call "pretty". Of course, you could also say that the art world makes little effort to really reach out and try to bridge the gap as well. Maybe it has always been like this?

Disneyfalcon

Oh well, everyone has different tastes. If we all liked the same style, the world would be a boring place! I respect anyone who has talent, even if their work is not my style. I can go to an art show and admire the talent of the artist, even if I would never be interested in buying one of their pieces. It is fine to express a disinterest in a particular artist, but to say that art isn't for the masses is kind of elitest, don't you think? Art is for everyone! Even for those of us who are not in "the art world".:wave:

Well said.:)

Disneyfalcon

Not really. Just stating fact. The general public has been about 25 years behind every significant visual art movement of the past 200 years and the gap is growing wider every year. There seems to be very little effort made to understand and embrace art by the masses outside of what they would call "pretty". Of course, you could also say that the art world makes little effort to really reach out and try to bridge the gap as well. Maybe it has always been like this?

I would go so far as to say that many artists intentionally avoid things that would appeal to most people. Talent is a part of art for me. Not just the ability to shock people.

But back to the subject on hand!

I realize Kincade is not loved by everyone, and he's not my favorite artist. But I LOVE Disney paintings. I want one.

ImaYoyo

Certainly not a fact, nor is it quantifiable.

hcswingfield

Doesn't it take a couple of decades to determine whether something was a significant visual art movement or not? A lot of art movements don't stand the test of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom