Thomas Kinkade releasing new painting of Cinderella's Castle

wannabeBelle

I had read aticles of this type and it didnt change my decision to buy this painting. It is a beautiful painting, no more no less. I Am not particularly religious, nor did I buy it for that purpose. I thought it was a painting that would appeal to me and make me happy to look at it. A while ago I had purchased a sericel and the guy at the Disneystore at that time gave me the best piece of advice for art anywhere. He said dont buy it because it will appreciate in value, or you think you "Should" have it to complete a collection. Buy it because you love it and you will never regret the purchase. He was right!!! Belle
P.S I did purchase this at the Thomas Kinkade Gallery in my local area

I personally would much rather have a Pollack over a Kinkaide anyday. Pollacks work have so much more energy to them and they are one of a kind and can never ever, ever be duplicated (unless put onto a print)

Kinkaide is a guy who paints (or partially paints) a picture and then sells millions of them, but seems to pass them all off as originals done by his hand. He makes some nice paintings, but once he's done with that first one...he's finished and tons of other skilled labors take over. I think that's my biggest issue with him. Landscapes really aren't my thing either, unless they are Impressionistic paintings, then my opinion changes.

If I really wanted a landscape painting, I'd much rather hunt down a Bob Ross original and know that at least it was made with happy little trees and clouds in mind and not the almighty "$$".

wannabeBelle

Actually I have to disagree with you. I havent met Mr Kinkade himself, however I can certainly tell you that the gentleman in the Kinkade gallery didnt even try to pass this off as an 'original'. He told me the entire process and explained it to me pretty well. It also wouldnt be feasible for any artist to make a few thousand of any given painting. I cant see how that would work well. If you arent happy with his paintings or dont care for the style of work, by all means DONT purchase it. That would totally defeat the purpose of the piece I would think. I am not an art afficianado. I buy only what makes me happy and what I like without any regard for the painter's politics. I think you should as well. If a Pollack or a Ross creation would make you happy, go for it!!! Isnt that what it is all about to begin with? Belle

DisneyAnole

Oh, yeah, rage and emotion on a canvas painted in just a plain blue, white or yellow color, so much went into that.

Do you even know what Pollock's paintings look like? He's not Mondrian or Ellsworth Kelly. His canvases certainly aren't "just a plain blue, white or yellow color."

Kinkade does have an emotional style---it's maudlin, sentimental, just like Norman Rockwell. He doesn't take any emotional risks with his work, and thus doesn't really use his art to plumb the depths of human experience.

I'll take off my beret now, mkt.

happymom52003

Original Poster
Kinkaide is a guy who paints (or partially paints) a picture and then sells millions of them, but seems to pass them all off as originals done by his hand.

This is a false statement. The numerous editions that you can purchase from a Kinkade gallery are explained in great detail....you know exactly what you are getting when you purchase from an official Kinkade gallery.
If you want to express your opinion about a style of artwork or your personal feelings about an artist, fine....everyone has different tastes (Pollack bores me to death). But to post a false statement about anyone is not fair.

yensidtlaw1969

My philosophy on Kinkade's work is this: He makes beautiful Paintings, but terrible Art. I think it's an important distinction to make.

Yensid "You can learn to draw/paint/sculpt, but you can't learn to be an Artist" tlaw1969

shoppingnut

Do you even know what Pollock's paintings look like? He's not Mondrian or Ellsworth Kelly. His canvases certainly aren't "just a plain blue, white or yellow color."

Kinkade does have an emotional style---it's maudlin, sentimental, just like Norman Rockwell. He doesn't take any emotional risks with his work, and thus doesn't really use his art to plumb the depths of human experience.

I'll take off my beret now, mkt.

Yes, I've seen them up close and personal at the muesem here in NY and "I" don't like his work, plain and simple. It's my opinion, I'm entitled to it and no one is going to change my mind. IMO, not everything is about the human experience, I find that to be self-centered.

DisneyAnole

Yes, I've seen them up close and personal at the muesem here in NY and "I" don't like his work, plain and simple. It's my opinion, I'm entitled to it and no one is going to change my mind. IMO, not everything is about the human experience, I find that to be self-centered.

No one's trying to change your mind, darling. I was just pointing out that typically Pollock's canvases aren't "just a plain blue, white or yellow color." That's all. Truth in advertising, you know. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom