this rumor has gained legs......Pepsi

Jon81uk

I realize people have a preference. I prefer Diet Coke however, I'll drink but what's on sale.

I just always order "Coke" and am ok if they say they've only got Pepsi.

Is it that one sided that people won't drink one vs the other?

I just need my caffeine!!

If I have the option then I will always choose Pepsi Max. But if Diet Coke is cheaper or the bar/venue only serves one I'll take what's available.
I don't think there is anyone who says "oh, you only have Pepsi not Coke, I'll have water then".

Subway stores in the UK have just switched to Pepsi (using new touchscreen fountains) and I was surprised to see Lipton Ice Tea as one of the options.

Bacon

I have from a very very good source that Pepsi will be making a strong push back into theme parks specially Disney world. With Pepsi being the soda beverage of shanghai Disneyland has put a spark back into Pepsi so expect some announcement soon.
I like pepsi better then coke so i wouldn't mind i also think its a good idea so disney has a different soda company then universal and seaworld

Bacon

Uh oh......pitch forks and torches from many if Beverly is removed. Odd though with the new Coke store in Disney Springs.
It makes since at DS because theres stores like sprinkles that are not disney owned. DS is kinda like a shopping plaza like the loop in orlando
iu-38.jpeg

Bacon

Pepsi could be making a push for non-Pepsi branded drinks in the parks. Making Gatorade available in the parks could be a small win, I know they have a few other non-soft drink brands that could be put into the coolers and made available. I find it hard to believe they would swap out or even add Pepsi soft drinks to the fountain machines.
Gatorade is pepsi

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I order coke every time I am out as well, so dose my sister-in-law. Once when we were out the lady says to her is Pepsi ok? Without blinking she turns to the waitress and asks if Monopoly money is OK?!?

But in all honesty a trip to Casey's and no coke would be a serious downer during our stay. It's a tradition!

Rodan75

But The Coca-Cola Company makes Powerade, which already available in the parks.

I know, but if they had a foot in the door to provide competition, I could see it happening with PepsiCo other drink brands (Tropicana, Lipton, Gatorade, Starbucks pre-packaged drinks), not Pepsi/Mountain Dew.

And technically PepsiCo products are in the parks via their chip brands. So I just think there are a lot of ways this rumor could be true without bringing Pepsi back to the parks.

lazyboy97o

I know, but if they had a foot in the door to provide competition, I could see it happening with PepsiCo other drink brands (Tropicana, Lipton, Gatorade, Starbucks pre-packaged drinks), not Pepsi/Mountain Dew.

And technically PepsiCo products are in the parks via their chip brands. So I just think there are a lot of ways this rumor could be true without bringing Pepsi back to the parks.
The contract is not going to be divided up into carbonated and non-carbonated drinks.

elchippo

Pretty sure that breaches every part of Cokes contract.
Right; how do they expect to maintain the pristine relationship with Coke after telling them that some of their "shelf space" is now going to be filled with Pepsi? Only thing I can think of is unless Pepsi is willing to start sponsoring an attraction or pavillion?

Rodan75

The contract is not going to be divided up into carbonated and non-carbonated drinks.

I don't disagree...I was just looking for a way it could happen. Not so much as if it would happen. I've never seen the Coke exclusivity contract so I don't know how the non-carbonated beverages were covered.

castlecake2.0

This discussion reminded me that we once had bagged teas imported from Canada to serve at Le Cellier and then had to get rid of them and switch to loose leaf as the "tea contract" said we could only serve bagged tea if it was from Twinnings

po1998

I prefer Diet Pepsi, but when we are out at a restaurant or bar, I will drink Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi...whatever they are serving.

I draw the line in the sand if the establishment is serving neither, and instead serving some generic crap. There will be no second visit to that place for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom