this rumor has gained legs......Pepsi

Gatorboy

Still pretty messed up how Disney gets the syrup for free then turns around and charges over $3.00 for a small soda....yet McDonalds and Walmart and Burger King or whoever has to pay full price for the exact same product, but then sells the same size drink(often free refills for their customers) for less than half the price!
If they get it "free" your still talking about " free" advertising in return. So they're technically charging you for advertisment, not Coke.

Gatorboy

I'm sure McD's gets a good percentage off their Coke syrup. McDonald's and Coke have had relations as long if not longer then coke and the Disney company. From what I understand McDonald's owns proprietary tech to deliver the best Coke everytime, as well as giving a wider straw to make the soda hit more of the mouth and make it taste better. But the biggest sign of Coke and McDonald's relationship is the fact of the Mc Value Meal... Coke's idea. They figured if they grouped a burger fries and a drink together they would sell more soda. I'm sure McDonald's gets a break from coke and I'm sure Disney dose as well if they are not getting it for free as others have suggested.
McDonald's gets the same syrup as everybody else, the difference is they purify & chill the water and spend quite a bit on doing so.. Look up "why is McDonalds Coke better" interesting read

tribbleorlfl

If that's true then there's no reason for the ridiculous soda prices. That's all pure profit for Disney.

Disgusting. I don't think I'm going to buy soda from them anymore.
Technically, it's not pure profit as they have to pay for the cup, water and CO2. And even if they were* paying (assuming the rumored free syrup agreement is true), considering the typical cup of soda costs a business 12-20 cents in syrup, you should be this righteously indigant for EVERY soda you buy because of the margins every business is making.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Still pretty messed up how Disney gets the syrup for free then turns around and charges over $3.00 for a small soda....yet McDonalds and Walmart and Burger King or whoever has to pay full price for the exact same product, but then sells the same size drink(often free refills for their customers) for less than half the price!

It's easy it's pure greed something TWDC perfected about 10 years ago.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Technically, it's not pure profit as they have to pay for the cup, water and CO2. And even if they were* paying (assuming the rumored free syrup agreement is true), considering the typical cup of soda costs a business 12-20 cents in syrup, you should be this righteously indigant for EVERY soda you buy because of the margins every business is making.

Pretty much the only guys paying FULL price for soda syrup are your single site and small chain restaurants the national chains all get significant discounts.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The myth that Disney gets the syrup free has already been dispelled by someone who has direct knowledge of it. Yes, they get a large discount, but it is NOT free. If they add Pepsi into the mix, I would imagine the deal would be similar.

cheezbat

McDonald's gets the same syrup as everybody else, the difference is they purify & chill the water and spend quite a bit on doing so.. Look up "why is McDonalds Coke better" interesting read
I find that ironic, because I taste no difference in Coke from McDs or Wendy's or Burger King or Subway, etc...

Bacon

iu

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I'd definitely like this rumor to be true. Pepsi, like me, was born in the Carolinas. :p Time for it to be seen in prominent locations other than stores they own (or used to own). :D:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom