this rumor has gained legs......Pepsi

Pam Hates Penguins

Soda is bad for you. Drink water.... or whiskey.

What? What's that? Sorry I can't hear you @PhotoDave219 ...I too busy enjoying Coca Cola.
coca-cola-nascar-forgiveness-ft-denny-hamlin-ryan-newman-large-7[1].jpg

Last edited:

Rteetz

Really? Can you elaborate on this? When our resturant get s busted boxes off the coke truck we still pay for it...I know disney is huge, but, seriously, how can they take the hit on such a big operation...do they do the same for uni and the freestyle machines?
I believe it has to do with advertising and such. Disney gets the syrup from coke for free, then Disney advertises that coke is the official drink of WDW and has the logo in various places. If I'm wrong someone will correct me but yes Disney gets the syrup for free.

Rteetz

If that's true then there's no reason for the ridiculous soda prices. That's all pure profit for Disney.

Disgusting. I don't think I'm going to buy soda from them anymore.
I'd like to add that Disney doesn't get the bottled soda for free just the syrup for fountain soda.

Considering it's been this way for decades I don't find it disgusting. But hey that's just me.

Daniel Johnson

I'm guessing the ammount of advertising works out close to the amount of syrup given? I know coke is a huge seller in the South(at least it is here in South Georgia), so there has to be an inetnational and non regional benefit for coke to give so much. Not disgusting at all of you ask me. Kind of how business relationships have worked for centuries in the USA.

cheezbat

I'm guessing the ammount of advertising works out close to the amount of syrup given? I know coke is a huge seller in the South(at least it is here in South Georgia), so there has to be an inetnational and non regional benefit for coke to give so much. Not disgusting at all of you ask me. Kind of how business relationships have worked for centuries in the USA.
Still pretty messed up how Disney gets the syrup for free then turns around and charges over $3.00 for a small soda....yet McDonalds and Walmart and Burger King or whoever has to pay full price for the exact same product, but then sells the same size drink(often free refills for their customers) for less than half the price!

DarthMileZ

I'd like to see mountain dew in the parks, its so refreshing, coke just makes me thirstier, rarely drink it in the parks anyway.

while we are on this subject, has any of the UK peeps noticed that fanta orange is different / better in the USA?!

deere839

I'm Hoping for this to happen I'm more of a pepsi guy and usually smaller parks in the usa gives it out for free the syrupt is cheap plus with pepsi it makes you more thirsty so it would even make disney more of a profit like how Disney puts so much salt on the fries to make you thirsty

Danielli5

I'd like to see mountain dew in the parks, its so refreshing, coke just makes me thirstier, rarely drink it in the parks anyway.

while we are on this subject, has any of the UK peeps noticed that fanta orange is different / better in the USA?!

So much better!!! Whenever we go to wdw I don't know what I'm more excited about...walking into MK on that first day or my first sip of US orange Fanta!

lazyboy97o

I still find it very hard to believe that Disney gets free syrup. It seems to be a story that has just been told over and over. It also ignores the bottling system that has historically dominated the sales and distribution of Coca-Cola products to the retail market.

Last edited:

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Disney gets the syrup for free then turns around and charges over $3.00 for a small soda....yet McDonalds

I'm sure McD's gets a good percentage off their Coke syrup. McDonald's and Coke have had relations as long if not longer then coke and the Disney company. From what I understand McDonald's owns proprietary tech to deliver the best Coke everytime, as well as giving a wider straw to make the soda hit more of the mouth and make it taste better. But the biggest sign of Coke and McDonald's relationship is the fact of the Mc Value Meal... Coke's idea. They figured if they grouped a burger fries and a drink together they would sell more soda. I'm sure McDonald's gets a break from coke and I'm sure Disney dose as well if they are not getting it for free as others have suggested.

Daniel Johnson

Still pretty messed up how Disney gets the syrup for free then turns around and charges over $3.00 for a small soda....yet McDonalds and Walmart and Burger King or whoever has to pay full price for the exact same product, but then sells the same size drink(often free refills for their customers) for less than half the price!
It's a theme park that makes money...they are going to charge for drinks, and those prices will be higher than a restaurant. It's business...turn a profit. If we don't like it and stop drinking, there is a bunch of other folks still in line. It's a win win for coke and Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom