this rumor has gained legs......Pepsi

Bacon

The entire resort will be switching to nothing but one variety of Sam's Cola from Walmart due to budget cuts. #ThanksShanghai
Nice Work Pal!
iu-39.jpeg

erwinalber4

I drink Coke, I'd be very disappointed if Pepsi moved in especially since Disney has the best tasting fountain Coke anywhere. With that said, I'd drink Mountain Dew if I had to. I won't drink flat Coke though, no way.

Luckily this is most likely a rumor and will hopefully die off like the Frozen taking over Maelsteom rumor, oh wait. :eek:

Smiley/OCD

I'm a Pepsi guy (Diet Pepsi) - and this is both wonderful and not so much.

Just for qualification purposes, I like Diet Pepsi so much that I have ordered cases of glass bottled soda from distributors whenever I can get my hands on them (I don't drink beer, but I totally get why some people like beer out of a can vs. bottle - sure as heck not as bad as plastic).

I would be thrilled to be able to buy bottled Diet Pepsi in the parks. I can only drink a Diet Coke bottle once in a great while - once it starts to not be ice cold it's just blech. Back when I used to stay on property I used to try to buy them from the vending machine at the airport before I got there. Even the gas stations on Disney property don't sell it - I swear, I thought I was tripping the first time I went into one, a blistering day, and I walked around four times before I realized that was it - only Coke.

All that said...on the other hand, fountain Pepsi (at least Diet Pepsi) sucks. It tastes nothing like what's in the bottles. At least the fast food versions like Dairy Queen. I've had it in nicer sit-down restaurants and it hasn't been terrible, but Diet Coke out of the fountain is hard to beat.

So personally, I'd be happy as a pig in you know what if I could buy an ice cold Diet Pepsi anytime in the parks - I'd just probably try other stuff at sit-downs.

I'm like you to a POINT...I LOVE Diet Pepsi!! (I even rent a car while we are down there JUST so I can drive off property to get to the 7-11 and get a DP), but I LOVE the fountain better....there is a very important reason why there is a difference in tastes between the cans & bottles vs. the fountian version...Pepsi used to use Aspertame (Nutrisweet) in the bottles and cans, but have since switched to sucralose (Splenda), whereas the fountain mix uses good 'ol saccharine (the difference in taste) It turns out that when exposed to air, aspertams and sucralose loses its "sweetness" and begins to break down & saccharine doesn't. I am good for about 4-5 Big Gulps a day...(I give it up every year for Lent, and trust me, it's always the WORST 40 days of the year for me!!!)
That being said, Disney and Coke have been together too long and while I would love to see Pepsi and Coke both available, I don't think it will ever happen. I'll drink diet coke if I have no other choice.
If you think I'm the only crazy one in the family, my wife will only drink Poland Spring water (owned by Nestle)...the week before we leave, we ship a case of water down there so it's waiting for her when we arrive!! I bought every brand of bottled water available in Florida, and she hates every one!! I have since found out that the BJ's a few miles away from WDW carries Poland Spring, so on our way there, we stop and pick up a case.

Matthew

Not happening. No Pepsi in the parks.. just a rumour.

The Shanghai deal was signed back in early 2014 and isnt just a deal with PepsiCo it involves Tingyi which sells Master Kong which is massive in China. Also PepsiCo signed signed to provide drinks at Disney venues as back in 1998 they signed a deal for Club Disney, DisneyQuest and ESPN venues and that didnt result in Coke losing the parks.

Last edited:

bhg469

Since everyone is already complaining, I'd appreciate it if we could please stop calling it soda or pop. Here in the South, we call it COKE, even if its pepsi or dr pepper or mello yellow or mt dew or whatever..........;):happy: :joyfull::D;):)
(And i vote Coke and Dr Pepper in the parks!)
Well that's just silliness and that will never happen. Y'all lost your minds at some point.

That's like calling every type of food a rib eye.

"Id like an order of rib eye wings" or "a plate rib eye legs" how about a completely vegan rib eye salad

It reminds me of Pittsburg calling polish sausage kolbasi... When everyone else in the world calls it kielbasa, don't you think you might be in the wrong?

AEfx

I prefer Diet Pepsi, but when we are out at a restaurant or bar, I will drink Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi...whatever they are serving.

I draw the line in the sand if the establishment is serving neither, and instead serving some generic crap. There will be no second visit to that place for me.

OMG, I hear you...I had a friend who opened a high-end "whole food" restaurant and decided to carry cans of crap "natural" soda and within a few weeks of opening they had to get regular branded soda. Customers were just shocked they couldn't get a decent soda.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom