This is terrible! (Thread orginally posted 9/11/2001)

Tim G

031904flagraise_1.jpg

Never Forget

prberk

Tomorrow it will have been nine years since 9/11/01, and nine years since this thread was started. It still brings a wave of emotion to read, especially the beginning. It is an amazing and unique thread....

So I thought I would bump it for us again this year.

Thanks again, Steve, for keeping it here and helping us to remember. I especially think it is nice to have this living history, especially for the younger members to see the raw, unedited content.

Paul

P.S. I have a pic on post number 379 that a friend gave me. I would attach it here, but it only lets me do it once... still meaningful.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Thank you prberk for pulling this thread up again. Here is a couple of link that was made 9 years ago that I have kept on my computer.....

http://members..net/classicweb/email.htm

Pam

PeoplemoverTTA

Wow, that was so incredibly hard to read....and yet, so very important to read. Thank you for bumping this thread, and causing me to reflect on that day. Makes me extra grateful for the blessings in my life!

prberk

Wow, that was so incredibly hard to read....and yet, so very important to read. Thank you for bumping this thread, and causing me to reflect on that day. Makes me extra grateful for the blessings in my life!

Your first sentence is exactly why I bumped this thread, and hope it never goes away. The raw thoughts and emotions are just so clear -- and so important to remember. I have printed the first few pages for students in my Sunday School class who have asked me recently about it after they saw footage on TV from that day.

Alan Jackson's song, "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)," got it right also. I remember, if for a short time, people stopping to think collectively about the importance of life and freedom.... for everyone.

mightyduck

Thanks, PRBerk for bringing this thread back.

Once again, THANK YOU to my friends here who held my hand and soothed my fears that day.

For those who are reading this for the first time, let me mention that what you see here is the public conversation. This very quickly developed into all of us PMing back and forth with more private thoughts and sharing things that we didn't want the world to see. This is why sometimes there's a leap in thoughts. We may have even met in the chat room to talk in real time, if I recall.

I love all of you and you remain a part of me.

Be well, my friends.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom