This is terrible! (Thread orginally posted 9/11/2001)

mightyduck

I cannot believe it has been so long since this day.

I think of all of you each September 11, a day that made me feel alone and scared, and which was made bearable because of my friends here.

Thank you to all of you who held my hand that day. I love you and think of you often.

Thanks, big dog, for all the things you said that day to ease my mind.

Figment571

I was in fourth grade when it happened. Didn't even know about this site. This is a strange day, in a strange time, in a very strange world.

And to think Epcot had just celebrated the future "hand in hand". It was a time of optimism, people believed in a bright future. The President campaigned mostly about education. Then the towers fell. The world has been a darker scarier place since then. Most visions of the future in popular culture are dark and grim. The President was thrown into the role of war leader, something he did not expect. Can the world ever be any better? It must.

As long as there is resolve in the dreams and hopes of Americans and humanity. We must never forget, we must always push forward, advancing, growing, becoming better with each day. Live in their memory.

God bless you all.

dandaman

IMG_0309.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom