The weather is here...I wish you were beautiful...or something like that!

Hello again, my WDWMagic peeps! Welcome back for another installment in the many adventures of SweetPee's family!

Not gonna get too organized or crazy piecing this one together. It's against the rules after such a kicked-back journey. If you don't know us yet, check out a few of the old reports in my signature. There's more than enough there for you to get to know us.

No big who, what, when, or where's for ya this time, either. Wanna know? Read more. Sometimes you just gotta go with what you get and enjoy the ride. Hope you'll come along. The more the merrier. Let's hit the highway yet again....:wave:

meeskamickey

Just caught up on your trip report. I'm loving it!!! You looked great in both your bathing suit and your cream dress...doesn't look like you EVER were pregnant with any children!!! I'm totally jealous...time to go eat a brownie and sulk (HA)!

I loved the pics you took on your plane ride. They are so beautiful!

I enjoyed the TL pics as we have never gone and maybe will consider it on our next trip.

Also, you have a beautiful family! Love those red heads! Neither my hubby nor I are a red head but we have a beautiful red haired daughter. She gets compliments on her hair ALL THE TIME! Your family pics are beautiful!

Lastly, I wanted to say that in general I do like reading trip reports but have to say that when I see one of yours, I get excited! You tell a great story with your reports that make them so enjoyable to read. Can't wait for your next update!!

Disneyfalcon

You look gorgeous in those pictures! I love that dress! Did you buy the CD? You've got some great pictures there, so you should have!:lol:

The busted story cracked me up! :lol:

We love the animation classes. So fun!

There are snacks in Diversions in the evenings and afternoons sometimes too. It's a fun atmosphere during a big sporting event.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Love your pics of Lumieres! I wish I had gotten some inside the restaurant. I'm not sure why I didn't. D'oh!! You guys all look awesome in your fancy duds lol! I was kind of disappointed in the roaming photographers on our cruise. For our dress-up night, they came kind of close to our table but never to ours. I would have liked to have some pics from that night but I wasn't going to chase them down in the restaurant. Same thing happened at our Palo dinner. Did we look that unapproachable? :shrug: I thought we looked pretty good those nights? We probably should have gotten some pics done in the lobby, but I had figured they would come around at dinner. Next time I guess.

I definitely want to hear your opinion of the non-Disney cruises that you take. I might consider one of the other lines in the future, but I am afraid that I have been spoiled by Disney! A friend of mine has sailed a few times on Norwegian and has always had a good time.

We noticed that there weren't near as many photographers roaming the restaurants or the ship in general vs. last September on the Dream. In the evenings when they had all the picture spots set up it was pretty hectic trying to make the rounds (once we realized we weren't going to have any pics to even consider the CD purchase). I was a bit disappointed in this. We mentioned it to maybe our head server or something and were told that they'd had complaints about the roaming photogs at least in the restaurants. When I saw the pics of people in Palo at dinner AND brunch I was pretty miffed. We didn't see any photographer. I would've really liked to have a pic from that! The character lines were pretty insane, too. I missed several because they would only be out for 15 minutes and the lines were like half an hour long. If there's that much demand, why not add more time or additional meets????? I realize there's only so many entertainment cast members but if this is what people are after, bring on MORE!

I was thinking just yesterday about how to go about reporting on our non-Disney cruises when we do those. The TR section here is getting big enough that maybe it'd be good to start splitting things off. Like right now there's only this section for all reports. Maybe DL reports should have a spot on the DL forum. Cruise reports get a spot on the cruise section. I don't know if I should post to the "Other Places" section or the "Chit Chat" section. Maybe I'll post it over at Cruise Critic and send links to those interested. But then how would anyone know to ask for the link if I didn't somehow let you know of it's existance? I'm just not sure. I like the way one person on another fan site handled it. She did a compare/contrast between their RCI Allure to their trip on the Dream. It's totally an Allure cruise report but it's written so it's Shrek vs. Mickey. Creative!

KELLY. I'm absolutely loving this TR. It makes me sad that our cruise isn't for over a year away. I want to go on it nooooow. WAAAH.

You have got yourself some handsome boys! You're gonna have to keep a close eye on them and the ladies that are gonna be swimming around 'em.

The picture of the 4 of you in front of the cruise ship background? Gorgeous. Frame it please.

And the food? Oh it's going to be so hard to keep myself at my wedding weight on our girls cruise. I'm going to have to work out in some form every day - the cruise will be one month before the wedding. Eeek. Maybe I'll lose extra weight before the cruise so that I can really live it up on the Dream.

Tracey & I both said after this cruise that we cannot eat like we did on any future cruises. Seriously. It's like this crazy addiction. You can't stop yourself. You feel so bloated up and miserable. In my case, my stomach totally tried to fight back. I think next time I'll limit myself to 1 item from each course and maybe ask the waiter to only bring me half-portions or one-third portions of everything I order. I just want a few bites. If it's not on the plate, I can't gorge. Also, there's the lighter options on all the menus. I should've been good and only ordered from those sections. I just couldn't help myself. The wasabi mashed potatoes were on the "bad" section and I was NOT going to miss those. That was night #1. Once you turn to the dark side, it's near impossible to go back to good! :goodnevil :lol: Definitely we will have to drag each other to the gym or to the running deck! This is a MUST! I'll be way more compelled to be good so I'm helping you be good for your wedding. If it's just me & Tracey I tend to throw it all out the window. He doesn't care if I'm 150 or 550 lbs. He loves me just the same. I don't care if I have to roll him off the ship, love him the same. If I'm trying to not out-swell other chicks and keep one from outgrowing her wedding gown, it's enough pressure to behave! LOL!

Your portraits came out so nice!!! Ours, sadly, did not.

We had planned on going to the animation drawing thing, but never made it. Heavy sigh. (I admit, I completely forgot about it.)

Your dessert is the Grand Marnier Souffle, which is to.die.for! They serve it on the Dream as well, I believe in Royal Palace.

The portraits were okay. I wasn't the most thrilled with them. The animation thing wasn't what I thought it'd be. I liked Brad just fine but was a bit disappointed he was willing to speed thru things and start early when nobody else arrived. It's like --> :hammer: of course nobody else was there. It wasn't time to start! We were done with Goofy by like 5 minutes after the scheduled start. A man came meandering in and was disappointed to hear we were done. I felt bad for him. That wasn't right. Ya know?

I wrote down Grand Marnier Souffle and bread pudding something for those 2 desserts but I couldn't remember which was which. The 2nd one didn't look very bread pudding-ey to me. It threw me. The Grand Marnier Souffle was really good. Not sure how you're supposed to do that with the sauce. I hollowed out a spot in the middle and dumped the entire cruet-full inside. Talk about ooey-gooey goodness!!! Mmmmmm!

Just caught up on your trip report. I'm loving it!!! You looked great in both your bathing suit and your cream dress...doesn't look like you EVER were pregnant with any children!!! I'm totally jealous...time to go eat a brownie and sulk (HA)!

I loved the pics you took on your plane ride. They are so beautiful!

I enjoyed the TL pics as we have never gone and maybe will consider it on our next trip.

Also, you have a beautiful family! Love those red heads! Neither my hubby nor I are a red head but we have a beautiful red haired daughter. She gets compliments on her hair ALL THE TIME! Your family pics are beautiful!

Lastly, I wanted to say that in general I do like reading trip reports but have to say that when I see one of yours, I get excited! You tell a great story with your reports that make them so enjoyable to read. Can't wait for your next update!!

Oh my! Thanks so much for the compliments on the swimsuit and the cream dress. Believe me, I sooooo carried 2 very big babies (8lbs. 15oz. & 9lbs. 13 oz.) and gained waaaaay more weight than those babies alone during those times (50lbs. & 75lbs.). I've gotten pretty good at hiding the scary belly skin. I need a tummy tuck in the worst way but look at the $13k price tag and think, "That's 3 very nice family vaca's! No way!" Seriously. The way people's skin is after like gastric bypass where they lose crazy amounts of weight then have that loose, extra skin is what my lower tummy looks like. I had stretch marks so huge at the creases by my legs that they split and were open sores for a little while. When I was pregnant I was pregnant all over....like a sumo wrestler!!!! All these young ladies who have yet to have babies, learn from me! Being pregnant is not your free ticket to eat anything and everything no matter how bad you think you need it. A whole box of cereal for breakfast is not a good thing. :lookaroun

You're too sweet about my reports! Oh my! I think those are the best compliments or comments to get. I'd rather be a good storyteller than a fashion model any day. Beauty on the outside goes away with time. A storyteller's spirit will stay with you forever! Right?

You look gorgeous in those pictures! I love that dress! Did you buy the CD? You've got some great pictures there, so you should have!:lol:

The busted story cracked me up! :lol:

We love the animation classes. So fun!

There are snacks in Diversions in the evenings and afternoons sometimes too. It's a fun atmosphere during a big sporting event.

We DID buy the CD! :lol: There's a story there! Tracey saw the signs for the CD on embarkation day and he was like "We're buying that." Me being typical me was like, "Well, we'll see how many good pictures turn out. It may be cheaper just to buy 8x10s of the best ones then scan 'em at home." So on the last night of the cruise we went to Shutters and gathered up every picture that was out of us. Then we sorted into keepers. THEN we went to the little computer kiosk thing to see what was connected to our room keys that didn't show up in print and vice versa. After we counted every print we would've purchased at $20 a pop we had like almost 20. THAT's when I relented and let him purchase the cd. Last night. I'm methodical with this stuff. He's impulsive!

Agreed. That dress NEEDS to come on the girls cruise next September.

Awwwww! The September cruise is only 4 nights and 1 will be pirates! We'll see if the cream dress makes the cut. That was 1 of 2 dresses that were quite literally last-minute purchases. Originally I found a killer BCBG cocktail dress on eBay for like $29 that I was certain was my dress-up dress. But then Tracey pointed out that it was a little too dressy for him even if he wore his navy sports coat & tie ((which we brought sport coasts & ties for all the guys but we also failed to pack Chandler's white dress shirt with his pants so they never wore 'em)). I was like a mad woman 3 days before we were set to leave running to every stinkin' store in the Beaumont area looking for THE dress. I tried on dozens and that was at Dillards alone! I had all 3 guys with me when I tried the cream dress. They all loved it. I wasn't as convinced but they were adamant. So I bought it. They even made me say it! "Are you saying yes to the dress???" "Yes! I'm saying yes to THIS dress!" Then we went downstairs to the shoe department and I tried on like a dozen different shoes to find the the right pair. Got home, put it all on to see it together.....and there was a flaw in the dress right under the b00b so it had to go back. They didn't have anymore in my size. They located me an identical one in my size at a Dillards in Houston. I paid via phone and had my MiL pick it up for me. Such craziness over a stinkin dress! AND, the other dress that made it last minute from Victoria's Secret I never even wore! I like it better than the cream dress, actually. That's why I'm keeping it and can't wait to wear it for something! Ugh! Crazy tales of dress stress, huh???? :hammer:

UberPlannerMom

I'll definitely look it up! Was it a made-for-tv thing? A bazillion years ago there was a made-for-tv movie starring Valerie Bertinelli called 'Pancho Barnes' (about the incredible lady of that name) that I would pay anything to get a DVD copy of. Seriously. We have it on VHS somewhere around here but it was in rough shape 15 years ago. I loved that movie, loved the history, the heritage. Awesome to cross-reference that movie to the bits of the infamous Happy Bottom Riding Club you see in 'The Right Stuff' (another of hubby's all-time favorites). I wish we could get the great obscure made-for-tv films on DVD! Really!

It was made for the Disney Channel, so definitely made for TV but as I remember it was done pretty well. At least it appeared to be actually shot mostly on a carrier not on some set producers idea of a ship. A recent episode of NCIS had me pausing the show over and over and telling my husband, "That's not how any single part of a carrier is!" Now I know why my dad did that so often during sub movies when I was a kid!:ROFLOL: They really should release the made for TV movies. There are so many things that I remember from my childhood that you just can't find anywhere anymore.

tiaragirl

Your "Yes to the Dress" story has me in stitches - Carly just got her prom dress (STUNNING) and we did the same thing. And I was just watching it - the girl was getting married at the Wedding Pavillion. Kill me or take me there. I spent the entire weekend trying to convince Andrew that we need to cruise and he's not about it at all - maybe if we get hitched I can make that happen.

You look stunning still! The picture with the Captain isn't the best though - I hate when CMs don't take the picture thing seriously. I know you take like a million pictures a day, but we're on vacation. We want them! There were a few fails on our cruise in February that were bitterly disappointing. We waited in line forever to see Mickey and the pictures turned out all dark :(

Looks like you're having the best-y best time! More please!

PixieMom712

I'm here!

Amazing TR as always. I need to get cracking on mine at some point, but the more I read through yours the more I realize how few pictures I really took. I felt like I was snapping them all the time but I missed so many great details you caught. I am just going to point people to yours! LOL

I love the cream dress too, and meant to tell you that after we saw you at Twice Charmed but lost track of you after the show.

I adored that Grand Marnier souffle too! YUM!

jhoff3405

Loving it all!

You are living the dream.....
16 y/o that can help drive, looking fabulous in a bikini, Upgrading to one bedroom, The plane in Key West, beautiful family pics with you in the off-white dress, eating,drinking and being merry all while having a ball with the ones you love.

Never been on a cruise, it is on my bucket list.

As always, thanks for being such a great story teller and taking great pics!

flynnibus

Premium Member
On our dream cruise, in hindsight, there were not enough photographers. Besides the meet & greets we only saw them at the dinner, getting on the boat, getting off the boat at ccay, and really no where else. So At the end of the trip when the wife got all interested in the book or cd... We found we didn't have enough photos to fill the book and you can't change the page themes :(

Tips for others is seek out the photographers when you can. You can always not get the photos but you can't make more afterwards

erstwo

Woo Hooooooo!!!! You have a trip report!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

So glad! It's not like I have laundry to do, or teacher gifts to wrap, or a party to throw tomorrow........ and it's only midnight....... but I'm totally going to read this thing all the way to the end! Ha! :lol::D

So excited!

Kristia

We noticed that there weren't near as many photographers roaming the restaurants or the ship in general vs. last September on the Dream. In the evenings when they had all the picture spots set up it was pretty hectic trying to make the rounds (once we realized we weren't going to have any pics to even consider the CD purchase). I was a bit disappointed in this. We mentioned it to maybe our head server or something and were told that they'd had complaints about the roaming photogs at least in the restaurants. When I saw the pics of people in Palo at dinner AND brunch I was pretty miffed. We didn't see any photographer. I would've really liked to have a pic from that! The character lines were pretty insane, too. I missed several because they would only be out for 15 minutes and the lines were like half an hour long. If there's that much demand, why not add more time or additional meets????? I realize there's only so many entertainment cast members but if this is what people are after, bring on MORE!

I was thinking just yesterday about how to go about reporting on our non-Disney cruises when we do those. The TR section here is getting big enough that maybe it'd be good to start splitting things off. Like right now there's only this section for all reports. Maybe DL reports should have a spot on the DL forum. Cruise reports get a spot on the cruise section. I don't know if I should post to the "Other Places" section or the "Chit Chat" section. Maybe I'll post it over at Cruise Critic and send links to those interested. But then how would anyone know to ask for the link if I didn't somehow let you know of it's existance? I'm just not sure. I like the way one person on another fan site handled it. She did a compare/contrast between their RCI Allure to their trip on the Dream. It's totally an Allure cruise report but it's written so it's Shrek vs. Mickey. Creative!

I would love for you to do a non-Disney cruise trip report! When you do, let me know where you post it!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Don't tell me any more stories about dress stress - I have not even started wedding dress shopping yet and so far i hate every dress in every bridal magazine. It's going to be a battle...

I have a gown I'll sell at a bargain.....:lol:..... J/K! I am going to over-rule the old man & move it to his parents house in Alabama since they have giganto closets that have plenty of space. Wish we could shop together! I need a killer formal gown!!!!

foreverbelle

I love how you celebrate and remember May 11th. My hubby and I do that still and people think we are sort of weird. So that is awesome.

I love the Lumiere (Sp?) restaurant. That would dif be were I would want to go, since ya its my fave movie. Though I am pretty sure the hubs would have to stop me I would really want to sing Be our Guest as I walked in...

Loving the pics, you look gorgeous I don't know why you are worried....

And the shot with the rain in the looming distance is kind of awesome.

Tidbit

I love how you celebrate and remember May 11th. My hubby and I do that still and people think we are sort of weird. So that is awesome.

Foreverbelle, me too! Me & Fiance' celebrate our anniversary as the 1st day we met which is May 15th ......and people think we are sort of weird for doing it that way too. We just celebrated our "Sweet 16" a few days ago! Soooo they can bite me! LOL!

Kelly, I love how you "told each other off" on your 1st meeting! :ROFLOL:

oh and the "Cream" dress!!!! OMG!!! I love love love love it!

Ariel484

Love the report so far, Kelly! You look fabulous in ALL of the pictures. Really enjoying your stories, as usual. Can't wait for more! :wave:

popsicletrees

Kelly - loving your report!

One heck of an upgrade – the room is awesome! I agree if those knick-knacks were not bolted down they would be in my bag.

If I were a teen I would enjoy Vibe more on the Magic, as well. I’m not very techy and prefer quieter, lounge type places.

I laughed when you showed pictures of Tracey’s two favorite art works. My husband and I love both of those movies for reasons that are very close to our relationship. Wall-E holds a special place for us because it was one of our first dates. We have a plush Wall-E and Eve on our dresser now. Up was our last date in Nashville right before we moved from there. I cried the whole time because that movie was marking a continued adventure for us. I’m on Tracey’s side with these!

I want to go on a Disney cruise so badly! I’ve only been on one cruise before through Royal Caribbean, which was nice, but I can’t wait to step onboard a Disney cruise. Is it sad that one of the reasons why I really want to go on a Disney cruise instead of the others is because I can do my own laundry and not be charged an arm and a leg for it?

Also, you look great! Good for you for working out while on the cruise. Odd question but did you take any pictures of the gym?

clee687

Hi Kelly! My name is Christy and I'm a lurker. I came out of lurkdom once a long time ago to comment on one of Holly's reports and my computer promptly died. I learned my lesson and went back to lurking. I am a talker by nature and it's really hard for me to sit here shutting up when i have sooooo much to say so I'm gonna try this again. Plus, you are way too nice and friendly to ignore. I realize that as long as you didn't know I was here and not responding you couldn't feel ignored by me..but I felt guilty anyway...I do guilt well, actually.
So on to my "reply" (with fingers crossed that computer can handle it)!! First, YAY! I love your reports! So ready to read!!! I didn't remember that I should take notes on what I wanted to say until page 2...but on page one here's what I have to say (that's still in my memory). Mainly, GOOD FOR YOU to do the swimsuit shots! You look GREAT! But I think even if I had a perfect body, it would still be stressin' me out to take that first swimsuit-clad step out in front of people. Of course I've never had the perfect body so I can't be sure!!!
You always make me cry when you have to leave your doggy baby! I just caught myself at the end of page 2 wondering if you had checked in on her yet. Also, I love that you get to visit family for a bit on the way down every time! Very cool and bonus doughnuts...awesomely cool!
On page 2 I took notes!
Post 19...Wondered if the books (the ones on the shelves on either side of the tv) are real? Saw the piggies and while I was saying inside my head "good grief people will steal these things" I read your comment that they are glued down LOL. So now also wondering...if the books ARE real, are they glued down too? Or can you remove and read?
Post 20-I love YOUR vanity-another reason for me to be thankful my son is a son! Adore that they had flowers waiting in your room...and the card story is funny (and close to what would happen with my guys)
Post 23-I didn't know about Godmothers for the ships but glad Patricia Disney is one. I'll have to research this Godmother thing!
Post 24-How cute is that drink stirry stick in your hubby's drink????
Post 25-I did not know there was a webcam showing the ships coming and going! Gotta check this out! Thanks!
Post 26-The pilot boat video was terrific! However, I am glad I'm not the pilot because I would've tripped, knocked myself unconcious, fell into the water and been eaten by sharks!
That's as far as I've gotten. I decided the notes were piling up fast and that I should comment before I ended up with 40 pages and said the heck with it and went back to my life of lurkiness. But this writing takes up reading time...so gotta get back to it!! Can't wait to read the rest and I'll be checking back in later!

PartOfYourWorld

Hi Kelly :wave: Lemme tell you this report making me that much more excited for our girls cruise!!!!!

My mom has been telling me about your report since you started it and I finally got around to getting on here and reading it! I find after a long day at work staring at a computer screen, I tend not to stay on here very much once I get home :(

I looove it!!!! Loooove the pics you got from the ride in the friendly skies! I cannot wait to see water that beautiful!!! And that sunset...seriously? no words can even describe it in the pictures.

Your family also looks stunning on that cruise ship!!!!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!!! :sohappy:

clee687

Okay...I was not meant to talk. I just finished reading your entire report and then wrote my comments on every little detail starting with page 3, I think, and was typing my last sentence when my page magically refreshed and erased all 2 kizillion words I just typed. Going to cry myself to sleep now and try again tomorrow. I think. Unless my computer is abducted tonight by aliens on a mission to keep me lurking forever. But I love, love, love the report so far!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom