The weather is here...I wish you were beautiful...or something like that!

Hello again, my WDWMagic peeps! Welcome back for another installment in the many adventures of SweetPee's family!

Not gonna get too organized or crazy piecing this one together. It's against the rules after such a kicked-back journey. If you don't know us yet, check out a few of the old reports in my signature. There's more than enough there for you to get to know us.

No big who, what, when, or where's for ya this time, either. Wanna know? Read more. Sometimes you just gotta go with what you get and enjoy the ride. Hope you'll come along. The more the merrier. Let's hit the highway yet again....:wave:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Monday, May 7th @ 2 a.m. we headed out on our next big adventure......which was short-lived since we had to turn back around before we even made it to the highway (& we live practically next to it) for Brian to run back in the house to grab his almost-forgotten wallet. Now we're on our way! Let's try that again....

Monday, May 7th @ 2:05 a.m. we were eastbound on I-10 for our next big adventure! Jimmy Buffett's Boats, Beaches, Bars, & Ballads was blaring while Tracey & I sang our hearts out. The teens weren't amused, I'm sure. Oh well. It's a long day and there's 4 discs in the set...

As has become customary, there's no passing Gramma's house without a visit. We zipped into Krispy Kreme on 9th Avenue for some hot-n-fresh morsels then settled in at my Gramma's for a few hours of coffee, milk, doughnuts, and gool ol' Gramma love. Doesn't get much better. We visited from about 9:30 a.m. to about 11:30 a.m. before we hit the highway again.

Just before Tallahassee I did some quick figurin' and decided I should call the pet resort we had our toy schnauzer booked at in Kissimmee (not BFPC on-property) to let them know we'd be a little late arriving. This is when I learned that if you don't make it to check-in before the lobby closed at 6:30...too bad-so sad...they'd see you the next morning bright & early. Yikes! Panic! We didn't have a prayer of making it by 6:30. A frenzy of online searching and phone calls ensued to find the best alternative. Still wasn't going with BFPC on-property because they didn't have availability in our preferred accommodation. We settled on the Pet Paradise in Gainesville. We had previously ruled them out because their location is a little jog off the interstate but in a pinch it was a sacrifice we'd have to make. Well, as long as we could get her there before their lobby closed. At 6:00. The Tahoe's GPS said we'd make it with just 2 minutes to spare. Chinese Fire Drill! Tracey took the wheel from Chandler and put the silver bullet in the wind....

...until he got pulled over somewhere between Tallahassee and Lake City. Tracey saw the trooper pull out & knew he was busted. Instead of making the trooper catch up he pulled on over, got out his license/registration/insurance card, and waited for the invevitable. The nice trooper listened sympathetically to our plight. I wanted to ask if he had some kiddos that wanted a few extra bucks if they'd let Riley snuggle for a week. Then our trooper friend explained to us about how he was the little brother in a really big family of "brothers". He told us how a great many of his "brothers" would be seeing us veeeeery soon as we continued east. He suggested we think on that really carefully because sometimes you get where you're going faster if you slow down. With that, he sent us on our way. Boy, he wasn't kidding either. We saw loooots of trooper brothers on up the road. I'm sure glad he let us know he had such a big family.

After Tracey slowed down a little and we resolved ourselves to sleeping in the car at a travel plaza with our beloved pooch I started fiddling with my iPhone map to see what would be the quickest route from the interstate. Here's where I discovered there's dumber chicks living in dashboards than Stoopid Linda in my Acura. The Tahoe's GPS was off on the time estimate by like an hour! Now we could relax along with the slow-down. And thank goodness we didn't have to go on the 13 mpg we get when running at 90 mph. Sheesh!

We dropped little Riley Belle with the sweet gals at Pet Paradise in Gainesville at about 5:10 p.m. Confession: I cried. She's just a dog, I know, but she's like my 3rd child, too. First dog I've ever had. So, yes, I cried. Pathetic. You can laugh. Tracey & the boys sure did. LOL!

Since we were starving half to death and the truck was on fumes we stopped in Ocala to refill the tanks. This is where we put in our votes for dinner tonight & tomorrow night. I pushed for off-site options. I was out-voted by all the guys. Tracey didn't care about cost or value. He was ready to be in the Disney bubble!

Also, from Ocala we let Chandler take the wheel again. We discussed this a few days prior. We wanted him to have the "glory" of his first drive onto the Disney property. Of course this started Tracey giggling at how it was acceptable this time around vs. last time since we're only checking-in at Pop, not one of the deluxes again. What a dork!

Here's Chandler paying his first Turnpike tolls! Oh yes! It's a proud mama moment!

file.jpg

DSCN0113.jpg

Just before 8:00 we were here:

file-2.jpg

file-3.jpg

But Brian was sleeping so solid he wouldn't wake up to see it for himself. Don't believe me? I have proof!

file-4.jpg

No rest for the weary! We had an 8:40 ADR to make it to at Kona! The weather wasn't really conducive to picture taking even with all our nostalgia for Pop Century. I didn't write trip reports then, but our first 4 family trips were all blissful Pop stays: 1/2004, 1/2005, 2/2006, & 2/2007. There's something to be said for nostalgia and simplicity. Here's my lone pic I took as I strolled in the door to check-in:

file-5.jpg

Classic Hall even smelled the same! We dumped the luggage with Bell Services then hurried off to the Poly. We would've valet'd in the rain but (1.) our TiW card is now expired & we aren't renewing for this 2 day stay, and (2.) it's not safe to valet your vehicle with...certain items...that aren't safe for strangers to have access to in your car. So no valet. We walked in the rain. I coulda kicked Tracey. I was opposed to said *item* from the start. Grrr!

We made it to Kona with a few minutes to spare. I had the coconut chicken w/salad which was fully awesome!

file-6.jpg

Chandler & Tracey had the shrimp & scallops dish. They're big-time seafood fiends.

file-7.jpg

Brian claimed to no longer be hungry. We talked him into the bbq rib appetizer at least.

file-8.jpg

After dinner we browsed the Bou-tiki only briefly. With full bellies we weren't going to last much longer on the bits of sleep from the road. When we returned to Pop we got our first look at the updated rooms (remember, we've not been at this resort since early 2007). Very nice. Love the addition of the privacy curtain. Much more comfy beds. Like the thermostat a/c units vs. the under-window variety. We can honestly say this is the cleanest, best kept room we've arrived to in several years. Good ol' Pop!

We were all in bed falling off to sleep listening to Stacy on tv by 11:50 p.m. Sweet Disney dreams!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Tuesday, May 8th was a day for a big first for us. We've been to WDW 9 times in the past 8 years but have never been to a Disney water park. But we've been to 2 of the Schlitterbahn water parks, 1 of which is consistantly the highest-rated water park in the nation which we actually disagree with because we like the Galveston Island park better than the #1 New Braunfels park but I digress. We gave it a lot of thought, did some investigating and decided on Typhoon Lagoon as the best choice to kick off a Disney cruise vacation.

We were up-n-at-'em at 7:40 a.m. (6:40 a.m. our time). Everyone was dressed, our park tote bag was ready, and we were out the door before 9. Breakfast was at Everything Pop. I think I danced a little jig by the refridgerator section when I located the Oikos Greek yogurt. That's my usual breakfast! I had that, fresh pineapple, and :)hurl:) a cup of Disney-pretend-coffee. Tracey & Brian had the pancakes with bacon. Tracey had to wait for the pancakes to cook so we knew they were griddle-fresh. Always a plus. Chandler had a sausage/egg/cheese croissant w/potatoes & a side of french toast sticks. He's a growing boy. He also polished off what his little brother didn't eat. Chandler was the only one less than pleased with his breakfast this morning. He said his croissant was pretty stale. Tracey & Brian weren't thrilled with the Nesquick chocolate milk flavor. Oh well, guess it can't all be perfect, right?

We arrived at Typhoon Lagoon around 10 or maybe a little after.

DSCN0124.jpg

I didn't get very far before I realized this place was gonna be dripping with awesome detail.

DSCN0125.jpg

It's the little things...like the 'Gone Surfin' sign in the closed ticket window.

DSCN0126.jpg

The boys saw this guy and both exclaimed: Swampy!!! I'm pretty sure the TL gator goes by a different name but it does look just like Swampy!

DSCN0127.jpg

First peek. I think we're gonna like this.

DSCN0128.jpg

DSCN0129.jpg

From doing my homework and asking lots of questions here on the good ol' forums I knew when we got in the park, secured a locker, veered right, eased past this bad boy, and we'd find our spot to "camp" for the day.

DSCN0131.jpg

First we hit the Shark Reef. Holy smokes was that water cooooold! I think the little fella told us it was between 68F & 70F. Tracey & I both are fine with snorkeling but we were huffing & puffing so much from the cold shock that we both swam as fast as we could across to the other side because we felt like we were going to drown. Halfway across the thought struck me that I was supposed to be viewing sharks & fishies so I made myself stop to actually look. I spotted a solitary fish and my mind said, "Yep, there's a fish. You saw it. Now go!" If you think that was funny, we were both beat by an unexpected Olympic-team-worthy speed swimmer: Chandler. :lol: We had no idea he could move so fast! :cool:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
We went in search of the fabled Humunga Kawabunga but got side tracked by a couple of the body slides. Then we spotted the staircase that led to the heavens...and Miss Tilly. I guess I don't have to comment too much on what the Humunga Kawabunga experience is like. I'll leave it at: you will clean out places you never thought could from a water park slide. :lookaroun

Obviously you aren't seeing a lot of pics here because I don't have a water camera. LOL!

Next, those towering waves were calling to us. We had to go check it out up close. We swam waaaay out past the "red line" ((for those who haven't been, the red line marks where the wave will crest)) into water well over our heads. Me likey! When the warning sounds came we made sure to position the boys within arms reach of us. ((Tracey used to be a lifeguard.)) What a ride! Those waves are so big! I've never seen water park waves that big before. Totally amazing! We rode the waves then swam back in. All that swimming is great exercise!

By now we were all a little hungry so we all split a couple pretzels and an order of nachos. I got a bottle of water. The guys all split sodas from the refillable mug thing.

Time for a rest. We had a great giggle when one of the boys came out with, "Look at all the laaaazy people on the laaaazy riv-ah" ala Stacy pre-must-dos. We joined the stream of lazy people for 2 full laps which was niiiiiiice....

DSCN0132.jpg

We got out to do the family raft thing. That was rather short. Back to our "camp" for more sunblocking. The boys ran off to go do something (forget what) while Tracey & I caught a quick nap in the shade. Bliss, baby. All too soon the kids returned hungry for a snack, of course. We made our way over here...

DSCN0133.jpg

...where I was still trippin' on the Disney details. I mean, come on! It's a food stand in a water park!

DSCN0134.jpg

DSCN0135.jpg

I wanna see some ice cream happy dancin'!

DSCN0136.jpg

Tracey & I were saving our sins for the days to come so we were good and split one of these big create-your-own fruit bowls. I felt like it wasn't such a terrible deal for $9.99. I really enjoy fresh fruit!

DSCN0137.jpg

After the munchies were resolved the boys were off to the waves again while Tracey & I wandered, took pictures, and enjoyed our surroundings in peace. Here's a first. I don't make it a habit to allow photography when I'm in my swimwear. My weight is a constant battle on top of being a very self-conscious chick to begin with. After spending a few hours in a WDW water park and seeing a lot of my fellow guests in much worse shape than me wearing far less I think I was simply feeling really good about myself...or my ability to dress what I have left to show appropriately. Anywhoo, I threw self-image to the wind. Tracey & I had a good time!

DSCN0139.jpg

DSCN0142.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Shark Reef entrance area:

DSCN0140.jpg

DSCN0141.jpg

Here's a Shark Reef sign:

DSCN0143.jpg

That sign is where we discovered there's a viewing area from down in the hull of that overturned vessel! See??? And it was fairly cool down in here!

DSCN0144.jpg

Ooooh...fishies.... We didn't have to go thru the cold shock this morning to see the fishies. Dangit!

DSCN0145.jpg

DSCN0148.jpg

Shark! And a lifeguard!

DSCN0153.jpg

Such a cool place. Literally, not just figuratively.

DSCN0154.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Walkin' and detail capturin'...

DSCN0156.jpg

Nice how they created these shallows like at the beach where the little squirts can play.

DSCN0158.jpg

I'm so ready for this island-y vacation!

DSCN0159.jpg

Lookit the size of the waves!!!!

DSCN0160.jpg

DSCN0161.jpg

Stitch was hangin' out all by his lonesome so we stopped to say hello:

DSCN0162.jpg

Oh! And I took my time browsing in the shop!

DSCN0163.jpg

DSCN0164.jpg

We went back to "camp" to make sure the boys weren't looking for us. It's not like they can carry their iPhones around in a water park, right? It's like life before cell phones. How did we ever survive??? I know! We took more pics of each other!

DSCN0166.jpg

This is actually the 3rd pic Tracey took of me. I can't show the other 2 because he zoomed in where you don't necessarily want to look. Husbands. Sheesh! Is the man 14 or 40????

DSCN0169.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
We started discussing all the stuff we needed to accomplish this evening to be ready for tomorrow. We people-watched a bit. Tracey made me take pics of "wow" swimwear displays. Or lack thereof. I won't post those. Anywhoo, we decided to pack up & go in search of our offspring.

DSCN0173.jpg

The good thing is that it's not hard to spot our 2 boys in a big wave pool. Look for the whitest 2 boys out there and those are ours. Tracey went to fetch while I stood in the shade. While waiting I noticed these handy-dandy info boards. Love that you even get a surf report!

DSCN0174.jpg

Still wow'd by the wave sizes. See the little specks in front of and at the base of the wave? Those are people's heads bobbing!

DSCN0178.jpg

DSCN0179.jpg

Here's a fun game...a take on Where's Waldo? I spy all 3 of my guys. Do you???

DSCN0180.jpg

I love this next pic. It's called: Brother Ladies!!!

DSCN0184.jpg

I was on a roll with the pics. I couldn't stop!

DSCN0185.jpg

DSCN0186.jpg

DSCN0187.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Thanks for an outstanding day, Swampy....or....whatsyername....

DSCN0188.jpg

DSCN0189.jpg

Are ya water-logged, Chandler?

DSCN0190.jpg

Good ol' Pop!

DSCN0191.jpg

DSCN0193.jpg

DSCN0195.jpg

The value view outside our door wasn't too shabby, either.

DSCN0197.jpg

Heading out to dinner I was able to capture this good one. Good ol' Pop!

DSCN0198.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Got a little ahead of myself! Before we left for dinner we all showered, I washed/dried/straightened my hair, the boys went to the arcade, and Tracey did the laundry. Productive afternoon.

So our dinner ADR was for Captain's Grill @ 8:25. We were so hungry from our water adventures that we decided to pop in early and take our chances. We showed up at 6:45 and were seated right away.

Captain's Grill is our new breakfast favorite from last September's stay at the Yacht Club. We were itching to see what dinner held there. Tracey & I had the ribeye steaks with cheddar mashed potatoes which were pretty good.

DSCN0199.jpg

Chandler massacred the snow crab dinner.

DSCN0200.jpg

I don't know what Brian was thinking but he tried the crab cakes. He wasn't so thrilled. I also tried them but I think crab cakes are something that will be a loss on me no matter how "good" they are. I'm not a fan of seafood. I thought they were pretty gross. Tracey said they were okay.

DSCN0201.jpg

Overall we enjoyed our Captain's Grill dinner. I'm not entirely convinced the meal was $170 worth but it is what it is. Right?

After dinner we went to Downtown Disney because I needed to get a Disney Visa Rewards Redemption card so I could clear out the last of those dollars. We've all but stopped using that credit card. Much better rewards on others. Got a great parking spot up close. Definitely a sign. DtD wasn't a madhouse like usual. It was actually, dare I say it, pleasant. We even walked through World of Disney and it wasn't insanity. While in WoD I spotted ((gasp)) new dishes!!!!! Squeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! :sohappy: I took pics.

DSCN0202.jpg

DSCN0203.jpg

Then I carefully considered them each. I held them. I did the math on how much I'd be out for 10 settings. $300. Ugh! So tempting. In the end, I liked them a lot but didn't love them. Not like I adore the Animator's Palette dishes on the Dream & Fantasy cruise ships. No, those place settings aren't entirely for sale yet. Yes, they cost a lot more. But, you know, I think I'd feel better spending twice as much on dishes I love vs. a lesser amount on something I don't love. I know. Crazy tribulations of the shopaholic/Disney nut.

I left the dishes where they sat at WoD. We were back at the good ol' Pop, packed for tomorrow, and in bed by 11. Tomorrow's a big day!

Disneyfalcon

I'm here, I'm here!! I'm so excited you already started!!

I was the same way in the shark water!! It was so cold it shocked my system and I forgot about the sharks! :lol: Super cool though!

I'm glad you liked Typhoon Lagoon! We just love love the water parks.

And my word you look awesome in a swimsuit!!! If you had Facebook that could be your new profile picture to prove to all of your high school friends/former boyfriends that you haven't let yourself go!!

Or am I the only one that does that? :lookaroun:lol:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I'm here, I'm here!! I'm so excited you already started!!

I was the same way in the shark water!! It was so cold it shocked my system and I forgot about the sharks! :lol: Super cool though!

I'm glad you liked Typhoon Lagoon! We just love love the water parks.

And my word you look awesome in a swimsuit!!! If you had Facebook that could be your new profile picture to prove to all of your high school friends/former boyfriends that you haven't let yourself go!!

Or am I the only one that does that? :lookaroun:lol:

Well, Tracey's working in the Houston office cleaning up the messes that materialized while he was gone for the week. Poor guy. Gives me a chance to work the report. I'm trying not to overthink this one. Just go with what comes to mind.

Typhoon Lagoon was awesome! Definitely a big thumbs up from us. The river is pretty dull compared to the rapids & waves at the Schlitterbahn rivers but the scenery more than makes up for the slow ride. We didn't even get close to doing everything there. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the compliments on the swimsuit pics. Boy, those change fast! You'll see. Same swimsuit just 5 days later, I saw myself in a pic and blurted out, "Oh my Gawd! I look pregnant!!!!" Disney cruising will pack on the pounds lightning fast.... :lol:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Wednesday, May 9th was the day we'd been anxiously waiting for! Why??? It's not because I had to get up at 6:15 a.m.! Nooooooo. It's embarkation day!!!

We were packed and had the truck ready to roll by 8:00 a.m. We're on schedule! One last look at our vivid-colored door for room 7157:

DSCN0204.jpg

I think today they'd actually leave me behind if I lingered too long.

DSCN0205.jpg

DSCN0206.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Buuuuut...not before breakfast is had. We parked up at Classic Hall to head in for a quicky bite to eat.

DSCN0207.jpg

No busses for us.

DSCN0208.jpg

Breakfast bound.

DSCN0209.jpg

DSCN0210.jpg

Of course, I'm all about the pics.

DSCN0211.jpg

Chandler had the breakfast pizza today.

DSCN0212.jpg

I had my yogurt & pineapple. Oh! I also had a Starbucks Via today! Tracey ran me out to Starbucks and Walgreens last night. Oops. Forgot that part! I couldn't resist grabbing my favoritest Disney treat to carry in my bag in case I suddenly had a munchy need. I know God loves me because he makes these especially for meeeeeee....

DSCN0213.jpg

More Pop.

DSCN0214.jpg

Back out in the truck waiting. Who's dragging their hiney now??? LOL! Actually, Tracey stopped with Brian in the shop to get him some sunglasses. We knew he'd need them soon...

DSCN0215.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Now we're rolling again! Oh yeeeessss! Destination??? Port Canaveral, baby!

Along the way I took pics. I didn't let you down!

Many of you out there are pretty familiar with this place:

DSCN0216.jpg

Don't recognize it from this angle? Here's a hint:

DSCN0217.jpg

Yes! It's MCO! Continuing on...here's a little treasure you may not know was in the general area.

DSCN0218.jpg

DSCN0219.jpg

If you guessed nuclear power plant you'd be correct! It was at this point Tracey proclaimed I've turned Japanese with my crazy picture snapping. LOL!

$3.50 in tolls and about 45 minutes after we left Pop the glory of our destination came into view. Could it be????

DSCN0220.jpg

I think it is....

DSCN0223.jpg

But then we had to run to the liquor store real quick because it's a lot cheaper to carry your booze onboard than it is to live off the bar drinks. We had to fill up the truck again. Why I don't know. Apparently there's some advantage in parking in a parking garage for 5 days with a tank topped off. I dunno. Is this a man-thing? Also more cash. We knew we'd need some moolah for the coming days. Okay, back on course but from a different direction. Is it really her???

DSCN0224.jpg

Squeeeeeee!!!!! It is! It's the Disney Magic!!!!!

DSCN0225.jpg

Lookit her lookin' all fiiiiiine with Goofy touchin' up that tramp stamp on her aft...

DSCN0226.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
We were parking in the port parking structure at 10:30 a.m. Not bad at all! We checked right in and received boarding group 4. We then proceded down to the end of the counter to the supervisor's desk to see if there were any upgrades available and at what price. Just curious, really. There were plenty to be had. The lady we spoke with mentioned a few available then proclaimed that...ooohh...there's several 1 bedroom suites available! I don't think Tracey even waited to hear how much before he proclaimed, "We'll take it!" Me being the voice of reason asked where these fabulous upgrades were located. I didn't wanna get stuck above or below any noisy areas. Then, of course, I'm the one reasoning with that price tag. We kindly declined and went to sit down with the boys. Tracey told them all about the upgrades available and how he would've gotten us a 1 bedroom suite but nooooooo, Mom said it wasn't necessary. Great. So now I'm the bad guy. I just sighed, looked at Tracey, and said, "It's your birthday. If you want it, let's do it." We ran back up to the supervisor's desk and scored an upgrade to a concierge 1 bedroom suite. Goodbye boarding group 4. Hello priority boarding and the concierge waiting area.

Quick pic of the ship from out on the observation area.

DSCN0227.jpg

Makin' her ship-shape!

DSCN0228.jpg

Confession. I don't think we got sat down in the concierge waiting area before Brian leaned in and started singing again: "I've got the goooolden tiiiiicket...." :lol: Out on the observation area we couldn't resist our tackiness in all our excitement.

DSCN0229.jpg

Seems like we were only waiting 5 or 10 minutes and we were being invited to board.

DSCN0230.jpg

Official boarding pic!

7446568.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Upon boarding we were invited to a welcome reception in the Sessions lounge to have some refreshments and meet our concierge. The classic ships do not have a designated concierge lounge area the way the new ships do. These concierge receptions felt like they were scheduled soirees of sorts to give you the feel of being in a concierge lounge with the nice offerings. Nice to see the effort. And, hello! Free cocktails! So we found a nice seat in Sessions and enjoyed the refreshments while we met our concierge, Andreia. She's a sweet lady. Was always prompt and helpful when we needed her. She brought little extra magic touches to the trip that we really did appreciate. I love that the concierge person assigned to you takes the time to get to know you a bit up front. The personal service is quite refreshing, really. We made our request for a 4-top at dinner, booked a beer tasting, and requested an additional Wave phone for our stateroom.

This is what I was sitting next to in Sessions. Made me think about my mother-in-law. Once upon a time my hubby promised his mama he'd buy her one of these someday. I think we'd have already done it if she didn't have such an amazing 110+ year old tall boy in her living room already.

DSCN0232.jpg

After we finished up with Andreia my tummy was really grumbling at me. I was anxious to go hit up some real food. We left Sessions to go sit down for the buffet at Parrot Cay. On the way I was drinking in my surroundings...

DSCN0235.jpg

This is the entrance to the adult nightclub area of the ship called "Beat Street"...

DSCN0236.jpg

At Parrot Cay I had a salad with raspberry dressing, a mozzerella ciabatta, a couple of the rosemary potatoe wedges, and a cup of the cold strawberry mint soup.

DSCN0237.jpg

DSCN0238.jpg

After lunch we went to peek at the staterooms. Still not open yet. Dang. Brian was dying to get to the teen club, Vibe, to see what it was like on a classic ship. All I can say is WOW! Very different from the Dream, all in very positive ways. I think Chandler really felt the possibilities when we got there. Remember, he wasn't into the teen club so much on the Dream. He went a few times but pretty much disliked it. Things were different on this ship. See?

DSCN0239.jpg

DJ booth!

DSCN0240.jpg

Such cool, intimate spaces:

DSCN0241.jpg

Another space to hang out:

DSCN0242.jpg

My life-long dino-lover felt right at home:

DSCN0243.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
As we walked back into the main space we spied Chandler's weapon of choice for Rock Band hiding back in the DJ booth:

DSCN0244.jpg

Oh yes, things were going to be different this time. I was trying to get a shot of this 2-sided fireplace which didn't work out so well. However, I did inadvertently capture a shot of Felipe (don't know if I spelled that right) from Brazil. This is one of the Vibe counselors that hung out with the teens:

DSCN0245.jpg

Felipe was super engaging! He struck up conversation with the boys and with us. He answered questions. I mentioned Chandler was the less likely of the 2 to really spend time there and we all talked about what he didn't like about Vibe on the Dream. He identified with the points Chandler had to make, shook his hand, and was totally sincere when telling him he hoped to see him come give it another shot. Overall we all agreed that the Vibe on the Magic felt more warm, intimate, and inviting. The Dream is cool but there's definitely something to be said for a smaller, less techie den with a neighborhood hangout feel. Oh yes. This was a very good sign!

DSCN0246.jpg

DSCN0247.jpg

Back to deck 8 to camp out for the final moments before the rooms would be opened up. Y'all know what my favorite thing to do when passing time is...

DSCN0248.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Within a few minutes the rooms were ready to go. My guys all sprinted off leaving me in their dust. LOL! So here it is, stateroom 8086...

DSCN0249.jpg

Please pardon my crappy pics. I tried to take a bazillion pics just like Tammy told me to when I sent her a quick email telling her about our port upgrade. I tried to make it methodical, starting at the front door moving thru the space. This was 614 square feet, sleeps up to 5, has 2 full bathrooms, a separate bedroom space, walk-in closet in the master, and a wet bar area. Here's my tour:

When you walk in, immediately to your right is a really long closet.

DSCN0253.jpg

If it helps to understand how long, there's 3 full sliding doors to access the closet sections.

DSCN0252.jpg

DSCN0256.jpg

To the left across from the closet is the first bathroom. This was the boys bathroom.

DSCN0254.jpg

The shower is pretty tight in here.

DSCN0255.jpg

Continuing into the larger common area there's a credenza on the right. Those are my early Mother's Day flowers from my boys sitting on top!

DSCN0257.jpg

Turning to the left you see the bedroom area with the dining table in the foreground:

DSCN0258.jpg

If you look back towards the table you see the wet bar tucked in. It backs up to that front bathroom.

DSCN0259.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
The tv in the living room:

DSCN0260.jpg

Neat stuff on the shelves!

DSCN0261.jpg

Classics! I had to take this picture because a few short weeks ago Chandler was griping about having to read 20k Leagues Under the Sea to which I informed him he'd need to have the ability to read and comprehend literature that doesn't necessarily appeal to him. Case in point, in the 9th grade when I had to read Homer's 'The Odyssey'. I hated reading that! And here it is on the far right!

DSCN0262.jpg

On one of the low shelves they had this little group of piggy banks. I like the guy in the middle. He reminds me of the piggy bank thing in Innoventions.

DSCN0276.jpg

I think Disney knew I was coming. They glued all the cool knick-knacks down to the shelf. :lol:

Here's a nice shot of the long balcony from the living room side:

DSCN0263.jpg

Back inside we'll head towards that bedroom area. Here's the bed looking in thru the double slider doors:

DSCN0264.jpg

Curse you bedspread! I hate bedspreads! I cam prepared, tho. Seriously. You'll see very soon. As it turned out, at night when our beds were turned down the bedspread was removed and a nice comforter w/duvet was presented.

The seating area and tv in the master. This was the oddest thing. The tv had to be craned as far out as possible to see the whole thing from the bed.

DSCN0265.jpg

Standing by that chair you see above looking back towards the bed, the dressing area & second bath beyond, and the living room area to the left (where Chandler is walking to):

DSCN0266.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Past the bed thru the doorway there's this vanity area just for meeeeeeee on the right:

DSCN0267.jpg

I couldn't get a better pic to save my life but across from the vanity to the left is the walk-in closet complete with safe, dresser, and tons more pillows:

DSCN0268.jpg

Continuing on into the bath area, look to the left and you see the lovely, deep jetted tub:

DSCN0269.jpg

Across from the tub to your right (I moved across the room to take this...you can kinda see the closet in the mirror) is the double vanity. Yes! Left sink for me. Right sink for Tracey. Just like home.

DSCN0270.jpg

And, walking further still through yet another door opening is the potty & shower. To the left is the shower:

DSCN0271.jpg

To the right is the throne. Just like the Dream, I swear they should've played a warning track out loud when you hit the flush button similar to the monorail spiel that says, "Please stand clear of the pot...Por favor...." Those are some power flushers. Never fails to startle me. LOL!

DSCN0272.jpg

Let's go back to see those flowers for some awwwww moments. I knew Tracey had done something. It's impossible to surprise each other because we both watch our bank and credit card accounts like hawks. Not a week prior to the trip I was on the phone with Tracey when I spotted a charge I didn't recognize. "Babe, did I do something on our cruise already that generated charges of $__ & $__???" His reply, "No. You didn't see those. Those are mine." Ooooooohhh..... So the charges were Mother's Day flowers for me!

DSCN0251.jpg

I think the florist must have interpreted what I'm sure Tracey said should be on the cards literally word for word. I can hear how this conversation went down now:

"Who are the cards addressed to?"

"Mom. It's from our sons."

"Okay. What would you like the cards to say?"

"Oh, make it something that's like 'Thanks' and 'You're a great mom' or 'Thanks-We love you'..."

"Okay."

And the cards say exactly that. Word for word. Tracey's not that good at coming up with messages on the fly so I'm positive he was hoping they'd interpret his thoughts more eloquently. Still, isn't it sweet????

DSCN0273.jpg

This one is the 'Not so Hidden Mickey' because the red rosebuds make a Mickey:

DSCN0274.jpg

****edit****
Chandler just read the part about what's on the cards for the flowers. He laughed so hard! He said he was next to Tracey for the conversation with the florist people and the conversation went down exactly how I thought it did. He said I nailed it word for word. Just had to note that. I am gooooood.... LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom